Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Well that's a given, I'm just curious as to how low now if they were.

I'm guessing some where near DPC level.

if it is as low as dpc, then players will complained that it is impossible to get epics? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Justx View Post
    Well truth be told, I don't really care all that much. I'm more bummed than anything since I didn't get one epic from all the fusion crap from before/during Beast Brawl I.

And of course, any game that has in game things such as gems or diamonds or whatever is ostensibly f2p but it's more p2p than anything when you get down into it.
    Grees Motto:
    Free to Play, Expensive to compete

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    Ok here is my suggestion to easily fix low levels getting epics:

Make it so epics are only fusable if you fuse two legendaries '+' .

Low levels wont get it ever. If you wanna make it even harder make it so mono legendaries wont result in epics aswell.

Yea I think this is the best Idea, epics can only be fused from Legendary+

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    You didn't mention chests. My original post was where the reference came from. Then you said my games listed were p2p. I tried to say consider the started pack as the f2p version. Boosters from there on out are like the chests. Maybe that was confusing for some.

And chests are not the only way to get epics. You can win a guild war, or place in the Top 10 and still get epics.

In what other games do they freely give out the top tier of whatever for free? You want the best/most rare cards in Magic and other tabletop games? You buy boosters, or you have to win tournaments. Want the best cards in Rage of Bahamut (f2p card game) ... win the guild wars there, or get lucky in theor multitude of card packs. Sure, you can trade trade trade and sell sell sell over and over and save up bit by bit to outright buy one off the market, but in order for those to hit the market, you'd have to have gotten it from either an event or a card pack. And since KnD doesn't have trading, that doesn't apply. Either chest it out, or win an event. That keeps it to a small group, and retains the rarity of it.
    Not for free. You still have to earn the epic boss armor to become be eligible for a chance to fuse for it. All I'm saying is make them fusable again with much lower odds.

I've got to agree, I sure wish I had fused an epic. That's not to say i didn't try, but I certainly didn't succeed. I'm personally glad they took them out of the fusable category, although I wasn't when it first happened. I really wanted tectonic (still do I suppose). But they should be rare and epic.

My biggest gripe is that they let too many in and now young players whip the older ones because they got lucky enough to get one. Way too many epics out there. Maybe with some rebalancing or stronger plus legendaries or something Gree can rectify this... making Moontide and BV not so dominant.

Although the epics only with fusing + legendaries is an interesting thought as well. We'll see what happens.

Oh, and my guild doesn't spend gems (except I spent 10 once and we're in the top 250, so it is possible. Just not possible to be in the top 25 w/o lots of gems I don't think.
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

needs to happen, love this game but gree is forcing your hand to spend money to be a top tier player.
    Knights and Dragons (Andriod)
    DK3 Ryan Lvl 15x
    Guildmaster of Team Awesome aka DK3 Lvl 75 (11/2)
    Line ID: RyanKelly
    WBB-HMW-YBX

I like this idea because I feel it adds another aspect to the game. IMHO I think that if you can't get good armorby fusing high level armor, they should remove it from the game.
    Friend's Code XBB-NPQ-WFF
    Current Level: 93
    Need a Guild? Join 1337 on Apple IOS Knights and Dragons We are currently Level 22 and a good base of active players.

Quote Originally Posted by jibrish View Post
    I like this idea because I feel it adds another aspect to the game. IMHO I think that if you can't get good armorby fusing high level armor, they should remove it from the game.
    And how would you level your high level armors. Truth is there's already a flood of epics. And with removing them from fusing, and taking away free gems, if you don't place in top ten in the first few months of guild wars, you will have to pay for it . If you don't like it go a play a free or a one time fee game.

With the actual top guild requirements, if you wanna be on top you should spend loads of your money to be competitive. It's not a matter of 20$ (or €) once in a while, you need 3 epics or legendaries+ and all slots upgraded to stage 3.
    Who is willing or have the possibility to do that? Probably only a little portion of the whole community. So while maybe some of those "few big payers" will spend more, the others that could afford/want to spend little amounts of money once in a while will change their mind (or they will after they discover how tricky the chests drops are).
    It doesn't seems a nice idea, to me.

Flood of epics is reduced introducing new fuseable legendaries.
    Knights&Dragons
    Android Chiomago (playing since Leviathan EB week) - The Iron Throne guild: #69 last war, some slots open, pm me or add kdDaenerys on line.
    MAXED moontide, tectonic, northerner, blazeborne, aegis of sky majesty, AotD+, IFL+, SG+, DP+, boilerplate, bear+, swampstone+, witch+, headless+, behemoth+;

Nah, i think i will keep playing this game but i will avoid spending 20.000 € to get six maxed epics. Tomorrow, time sto spend 6,99 to buy ∞Blade III, i think is a bit better and cheaper. I want to know how siri will slain the worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithiliond View Post
    With the actual top guild requirements, if you wanna be on top you should spend loads of your money to be competitive. It's not a matter of 20$ (or €) once in a while, you need 3 epics or legendaries+ and all slots upgraded to stage 3.
    Who is willing or have the possibility to do that? Probably only a little portion of the whole community. So while maybe some of those "few big payers" will spend more, the others that could afford/want to spend little amounts of money once in a while will change their mind (or they will after they discover how tricky the chests drops are).
    It doesn't seems a nice idea, to me.

Flood of epics is reduced introducing new fuseable legendaries.
    Top guild requirements, because there is obviously a desire by more than just "a handful" to want to be on top. Did you see the graphs and charts for the top 10 battles? Yes, the trickle down effect wears off rapidly to the truly f2p people, but we are the ones supporting everyone else.

Also, for the loads of other games that don't require a monetary investment, or "a monetary investment to progress", such as WoW (since everyone pays a subscription fee within a dollar or two of everyone else each month) ... the investment is much different. Instead of spending money to be on top, you spend time. As in, hours at a time if you want to get somewhere and advance. Large chunks of hours devoted to raiding. This game isn't meant to be a 24/7 game. The way it is designed is such that you can log on here and there, collect some gold, farm an area, craft some armor, hit the home button, and put your phone back into your pocket, and on with your life.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    This game isn't meant to be a 24/7 game. The way it is designed is such that you can log on here and there, collect some gold, farm an area, craft some armor, hit the home button, and put your phone back into your pocket, and on with your life.
    That is not true. To be on the top bracket in the arena you have to play continuously, and/or to pay to refill your energy. Same thing with clan war energy, and boss energy too. The most efficient way to be on top is playing the more frequently possible you can.
    Spending gems is a plus, but gem spender would not probably be interested in spending gems for filling an energy that leads to rewards they don't need (except for clan wars), and if they do so, it's because they are already playing 24/7 and want to go over the limit set by the whole time mechanics.
    The base mechanics of the game advantages playing frequently. It's not like if you are stronger, you get more points; you have a better edge, but you mostly need to play more.
    Knights&Dragons
    Android Chiomago (playing since Leviathan EB week) - The Iron Throne guild: #69 last war, some slots open, pm me or add kdDaenerys on line.
    MAXED moontide, tectonic, northerner, blazeborne, aegis of sky majesty, AotD+, IFL+, SG+, DP+, boilerplate, bear+, swampstone+, witch+, headless+, behemoth+;

That is not true. To be on the top bracket in the arena you have to play continuously, and/or to pay to refill your energy. Same thing with clan war energy, and boss energy too. The most efficient way to be on top is playing the more frequently possible you can.
    Spending gems is a plus, but gem spender would not probably be interested in spending gems for filling an energy that leads to rewards they don't need (except for clan wars), and if they do so, it's because they are already playing 24/7 and want to go over the limit set by the whole time mechanics.
    The base mechanics of the game advantages playing frequently. It's not like if you are stronger, you get more points; you have a better edge, but you mostly need to play more.
    Only at the lower levels do you really need to log in frequently.

Arena: Every 75 minutes you can log in, play for about 2 minutes, and turn the phone back off. If you want to be extra competitive, do the same thing, but add in some gems and an extended period of time. Hell, I haven't spent a single gem on Arena ever and I'm sitting in the low 300's. Is it great? Nope, I'm def not winning a black medal, but I also don't need it. And I don't log in every 75 minutes to battle either.

For farming gold? Maxed out training fields or nests. Those take time to aquire the gold to fully flesh out, but once you do, you don't have to log and collect from that fountain every 5 minutes. Those only need to be collected every couple hours. And if I use all my knights, guess what, it takes over 2 hours for them to regen fully to where I can use them again to farm a level. Once they are regen'd, in a few minutes I'm done using them again. Same with the bosses. The first rush through the first 20-30 levels depending on your armors and how you are playing takes about half an hour, tops. Of the first day. After that, you're waiting for your energy to regen, every couple hours. I can't play "more frequently" and have my energy regen faster unless I chose to gem.

In my opinion, the base mechanics of the game favors those that get to 100, max out a few armors, and play smart. Yes, for those that want the absolute best rewards for guild wars/arena/epic boss, you have to gem. Other than that, you don't.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

See Busteroaf's response. It's largely true though. Once I have done my grinding for the day for snakeskins and farming my friend list for arena points, it's largely just log in here and there to do an arena fight, refresh an armor crafting timer or something similar. Being logged in more leaves me nothing to do unless I want to spend gems, which I'm loathe to do for daily activities.