Top players will be top forever - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top players will be top forever

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sousas View Post
    One thing that I don't quite understand is why the top players of the 2nd-10th top guilds have not yet joined together to form a temporary guild to take FUN out of first place, in at least one war.

In am a great admirer of FUN success, but are they really unbeatable?
    There is no real point, just means what? Spending a lot more for one extra boost which unless you do it for at least the number of wars they have already won changes nothing overall.

It is easy as it is now you join the faction that fits your budget and desire if you want everything and are prepared to spend you join FUN, if you are ok missing a boost a month and want to spend less you join RK or SB. If you are happy to miss a couple of boosts per month and spend a lot less you join a top 10 faction etc.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yeah, exactly that. Believe me, the idea has been tossed around more than a few times.

Post Count
    How much $ are people in the top guilds spending on gems per month?
    KA: 521-613-278
    CC: 347-138-119

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by boneshaker View Post
    i know alot of players that score over 1 mil cps during war so do the math
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    Top players get the strongest units, so they will be better than the players with only weak units. That means that the lower ranked players will never make it to the top.
    Not true. When I first started playing the idea of getting into six figures in A/D (100K) seemed fanciful. That was in the early days of KA when the level topped out at 50, and having 20-30K A/D was considered impressive. Don't believe me? Have a look e.g. at this post from April 2012 from Ghost -- a strong player at the time. His stats were:

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570

Laughable by today's standards. I've seen people at level 16 with 200K A/D. The game has changed.

A year ago as I passed 100K and then 200K I saw folks up around 500K and could hardly believe it. The idea of hitting 1M in A/D seemed fanciful . Now the guys in FUN are around 4-5 million, but a year from now that will look quaint as people will be hitting the 100 million (mark my words). So the only way the FUN guys, and anyone else at the top of the rankings, will remain untouchable is to keep pouring money into the game. I can guarantee that "coasting" based on currently having top units and top boosts will not cut it.

As for why they do it and whether it's "fun" to be unbeatable... Who knows? Some people like playing games in "God mode", others find it boring. Some people need to be the best, some are insecure in RL and find validation through on-line mastery... different stokes.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shluggy View Post
    So when FUN get unhitable what's in it for them? I'm sorry but how can it be "FUN" in a guild where no one bothers them?
    Believe me people raid all the time 😊

Kruppe is sure it wasn't part of the Gree grand design but raids by opponents with 1-4 m less stats can succeed. To me this is consistent with little raids skirmishes by outlaws and brigands... Going to work sometimes but not always and a trail is left to follow. And of course there is the wrath of FUN 😄😄😄well, a giggle anyways..

Mickaleus

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by boneshaker View Post
    $32,000 just for wars, minimum, split between their members. Then theres box leaderboardd

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by custos View Post
    Not true. When I first started playing the idea of getting into six figures in A/D (100K) seemed fanciful. That was in the early days of KA when the level topped out at 50, and having 20-30K A/D was considered impressive. Don't believe me? Have a look e.g. at this post from April 2012 from Ghost -- a strong player at the time. His stats were:

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570

Laughable by today's standards. I've seen people at level 16 with 200K A/D. The game has changed.

A year ago as I passed 100K and then 200K I saw folks up around 500K and could hardly believe it. The idea of hitting 1M in A/D seemed fanciful . Now the guys in FUN are around 4-5 million, but a year from now that will look quaint as people will be hitting the 100 million (mark my words). So the only way the FUN guys, and anyone else at the top of the rankings, will remain untouchable is to keep pouring money into the game. I can guarantee that "coasting" based on currently having top units and top boosts will not cut it.

As for why they do it and whether it's "fun" to be unbeatable... Who knows? Some people like playing games in "God mode", others find it boring. Some people need to be the best, some are insecure in RL and find validation through on-line mastery... different stokes.
    Its not the stats its the boosts. If their boosts do twice what yours do it doesn't matter how much they inflat the units theirs will inflat by twice as much

Post Count
    I remember when I start playing, that I wanted to be 2x level strong. These days, I'm roughly 6x and still don't feel strong. Smells like inflation...

Even now, being level strong is a quaint concept
    Last edited by JanKA; 08-20-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    KA ID 688659891

Post Count
    Gree has signed the death warrant on Kingdom Age. Gold units are nearly obsolete, war prizes are exponentially more powerful with each event, and those that spend the most real money are becoming untouchable. I'd give it 6 months til most players are wallowing in boredom and move on.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JanKA View Post
    I remember when I start playing, that I wanted to be 2x level strong. These days, I'm roughly 6x and still don't feel strong. Smells like inflation...

Even now, being level strong is a quaint concept
    I'm almost 20X my level. It's getting old... Strategy is for the most part gone.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Red face This is a non strategic game

This game hasn't got a strategic factor about it. This game could be fun and strategies could have been put in class to ensure a competitive game but some people are dumb enough to spend stacks of cash on a digital game that doesn't compete with top selling games. So really the only people you can blame are the people that spent hard cash that influenced greeS greed. The top players aren't skilled, probably Middle Ages men going through mid life crisis (plus they are either dirt rich or very stupid)

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GQNammmer View Post
    $32,000 just for wars, minimum, split between their members. Then theres box leaderboardd
    Wow, that's a lot of money to me!

Are you guessing or it is a real number?

That's still not including money spent on LTQs.

From my brief time in KA(started back in April of this year) I have found that achieving top500 can be done without gems, but to get top 300 or higher requires real $$$

Quote Originally Posted by tonyy1 View Post
    yeah it's all about the almighty dollar, yen, euro, pound, rupee, whatever currency you spend. If the top 3 guilds have to spend absurd amounts of money to stay at the top and the rest of the top 100 are really just competing for the top 4-100 positions then that's 96 guilds spending money like mad men to get up there, and then the 100 - 500 trying to get to the top 500 means Gree has done a good job at making a game extremely profitable.... only downfall would have been the hacks that let cheaters get advantages without spending real currency.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There are still a few free players in the top 10. My guild is top 50 and is about 1/3 gem players 2/3 free players. You just need to be active to make it in this game. Or get on a team with some very heavy spenders!