Another Idea for GREE - True Defense Building

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Idea for GREE - True Defense Building

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Another Idea for GREE - True Defense Building

So I've been raided? Ok, nothing I can do about it now, right? Thanks for letting me know!

I think everyone at some point has gotten a notification saying they have been raided for "x" amount of cash. Admittedly this function is a bit glitchy and would need some fine tuning for this venture to work. Since defense buildings in their current state are basically useless, how about one that actually works and serves a purpose.

How about a defense building that does something to help a player keep his/her beloved cash. I don't want to set a stupid timer for when to collect my Anniversary Center or any other high payout money building. Who does?

Provide the players a fun, new, GOOD option. I call it the Defense Grid Siren. It would have a small protection radius like the guard tower or a little smaller. We wouldn't want to allow for full base coverage (only a couple of buildings). It requires 3 hits to bring it down. But the building(s) it is protecting can not be raided until it is has been taken out. The raiding player can only attack it once every 1.5 minutes. So it would take a full 3 minutes to bring it down before that player can raid the protected money building. When it is hit the first time, the siren sounds (notification sent) that the defense grid has been hit. This gives the potential victim 2 minutes to get in the game and collect his/her cash before losing it to another player! Seems like a bit of fun to me.

Cost: 750 gold each (5 max)
    Reactivation Fee: 2 gold

-Evil M.
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-30-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Evil mastermind you really do have some good ideas lol!

Typing away in an old Cold War missile silo.
    Post Count
    You really do have great ideas for this game, this would definitely be a cool add-on.
    |Trophy Case|
    Dust, a few rubles, cobwebs, gum wrappers, obsolete units

Steady Scribe Hub_Master_General's Avatar
    Post Count

Thumbs up Additional ideas

Great Idea. I think Gree needs to expand beyond just cash buildings. [It used to be difficult to accumulate cash. I had a friend who had 2 Lvl 4 Nano Factories, that was really impressive, but not now.] How about a new defense building like the one you described (but maybe without the reactivation fee) or even one that self-destructs, causing unit loss to the attacker?
    Another idea is a building that can combine units. This would be awesome! (Similar to game Command & Conquer)
    the Hub Master General

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    My Absolute Tower got raided and right when I was about to collect it too! Every time I get raided the ones I really want to collect are the only ones attacked. This could help insanely!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Glad to see some positive responses. Thank you all.

- Evil M.
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I see this as a means of providing a simple solution for adding a little balance back to the game. Gold players will always be able to beat the weaker players, but this provides a small window of opportunity for survival from the beasts of the game.

And makes some money for GREE too!
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-30-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    Sure, let's just play Modern Base Builder and never plan or strategize our building collections...

Finally we get new buildings to raid and now you come up with this?!
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    Sure, let's just play Modern Base Builder and never plan or strategize our building collections...

Finally we get new buildings to raid and now you come up with this?!
    My proposal does in no way eliminate the possibility of raiding. It simply provides a potential for more interactive game play.

I'm guessing you are a player with no good buildings of your own, worthy of protection. Let me guess your IPH... 500k?
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-30-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    My proposal does in no way eliminate the possibility of raiding. It simply provides a potential for more interactive game play.

I'm guessing you are a player with no good buildings of your own, worthy of protection. Let me guess your IPH... 500k?
    Do you have a problem with logging on once or twice a day to collect?

Lol, bingo. Actually it would make sense for me to support the idea if my IPH was so low. My reply in no way made mention of elimination of raiding. 5 of these suckers would drain 15 stamina. How many buildings would you come across that were worth draining 15 stamina on-just to get started?

Interactive? By reducing my usable stamina? Nah...
    Last edited by JohnnyR; 07-30-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Banned
    Post Count
    Awful idea.

That is all.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    Lol, bingo. Actually it would make sense for me to support the idea if my IPH was so low.

Interactive? By reducing my usable stamina?
    My guess about your IPH was based on your response which suggested you are relying heavily on attacking and raiding as a means of income.

Yes, interactive. The only real-time interaction between players is the WD event. And that still doesn't allow for any cause/effect other than a win or a loss. This actually allows for an actual real-time action to occur. A true defensive maneuver/tactic to avoid a would-be attacker.

It's not a 100% protection. People can't always drop what they are doing to log in and grab the cash within 3 minutes. And I would hope some people do sleep. Lol
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-30-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by McNasti View Post
    Awful idea.

That is all.
    Noted. Lol

Post Count
    Its a good idea, but its already difficult to find decent targets to raid, so this has to be balanced somehow. I would love to see some improvement in attack, like a attack boost building, a radar to find specific targets 2 levels below and up to 10 levels above mine, live links in our walls and a special building that would enable us able to partially raid buildings before collection time, the amount gained depending on how mature the building is for collection. Than we are talking!
    Dark Lady of The Sith
    ID#:461 691 789
    Finished:
    84 in France (target was faction quest)
    116 in India (target was faction quest)
    45 in Canada
    39 in Australia
    237 in Poland (free/light gold)
    67 in Madagascar
    93 in Colombia
    58 in Ireland
    68 in China
    72 in Egypt
    80 in Greenland

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lady View Post
    Its a good idea, but its already difficult to find decent targets to raid, so this has to be balanced somehow. I would love to see some improvement in attack, like a attack boost building, a radar to find specific targets 2 levels below and up to 10 levels above mine, live links in our walls and a special building that would enable us able to partially raid buildings before collection time, the amount gained depending on how mature the building is for collection. Than we are talking!
    Thank you and I understand your statement. I would simply like to see some defensive mechanic that would in some SLIGHT (keyword) way override the singular functioning "you're stronger cause you bought more gold, you win every time" mechanic. Game needs some type of balance.