Guess The Result Contest - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Guess The Result Contest

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Futter View Post
    Calling someone a bad player when you and 3 other FC members are colluding to get the same price. Congrats on the irony.
    That's n... what? I don't think "irony" is the word you're looking for.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yes, that is the word. Maybe you don't understand what it means.
    I NO LONGER PLAY CC

RETIRED FROM INDIAN NATION

My teepee still has the new teepee smell.

LOLGREE

Post Count
    The word you were probably looking for is "hypocritical" or something. That's not ironic in the slightest.

Edit: just for questioning my vocabulary:

Merriam-Webster defines irony as:

1: a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other’s false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning —called also Socratic irony

2: a) the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning
    b) a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony
    c) an ironic expression or utterance

3: a) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result; an event or result marked by such incongruity
    b) incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play —called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

Synonyms
    1, 2. Irony, sarcasm, satire indicate mockery of something or someone. The essential feature of irony is the indirect presentation of a contradiction between an action or expression and the context in which it occurs. In the figure of speech, emphasis is placed on the opposition between the literal and intended meaning of a statement; one thing is said and its opposite implied, as in the comment, “Beautiful weather, isn't it?” made when it is raining or nasty. Ironic literature exploits, in addition to the rhetorical figure, such devices as character development, situation, and plot to stress the paradoxical nature of reality or the contrast between an ideal and actual condition, set of circumstances, etc., frequently in such a way as to stress the absurdity present in the contradiction between substance and form. Irony differs from sarcasm in greater subtlety and wit.
    Last edited by BigMoney; 06-20-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I repeat. I used it correctly.
    I NO LONGER PLAY CC

LOLGREE

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Every one should agree to get 1 case opened and then stop so we all get the top prize

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Hey bald zeemer. I was just wondering your thoughts on if the rates of success for gold opens has changed at all. I'm not chasing the leaderboard this event and haven't done any gold opens myself but a lot of people seem to think it has gotten easier?
    I'm not top25, but I have 62 pistols, and will get top250. I think the odds of getting pistol have gotten worse. I might get one on 2nd or 3rd try, but then I go 12 in a row without one. This event has cost more than any other recent 20case event.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Hey bald zeemer. I was just wondering your thoughts on if the rates of success for gold opens has changed at all. I'm not chasing the leaderboard this event and haven't done any gold opens myself but a lot of people seem to think it has gotten easier?
    It seems to me that the open rate is (technically) the same, but that there may have been an alteration to how the randomness is generated.

Butt: I was more referring to people who have insanely juvenile mentalities when they're well and truly old enough to have developed basic social skills. And the hilarity that those sorts of people spend phenomenal amounts of gold but still can't manage to win anything at all.

Or from previous events, people who get game resets instead of the ban they deserve, and then blow all their gold chasing number 1, only to run out of steam after the first day.

In the end leaderboard events are a great way to part bad players with deep pockets from large amounts of gold for no reward, and we should all be thankful.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    BZ, I know you were. I was just jerking your chain. Gald to see you're back from your work function.
    I NO LONGER PLAY CC

LOLGREE

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Cheers mate, but it's Temporary, I'll be absent more than present for the next few months. I'm just glad the LTB was open for so long this time.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tam... View Post
    Can I play too
    well played sir... I salute your wit...lol

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    Every one should agree to get 1 case opened and then stop so we all get the top prize
    I would get 2 at the last possible moment.

Articulate Author Tommy Two Toes's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor D View Post
    I would get 2 at the last possible moment.
    I'd get ten. If someone approached me to collude for top prize, I'd definitely screw them at the last minute.

Why? Because when I play a game, I play to win, not tie.

Playing to tie is for people with no competitive spirit, and parents of children who need help with their self-esteem.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Two Toes View Post
    If someone approached me to collude for top prize, I'd definitely screw them at the last minute.
    You'd lose out in the long run. If you had one rival who spends a similar amount of gold as you, you'd imagine that you would each win the top prize 50% of the time. So why not both win it every time and save yourself gold in the long term? No player has so 'dominated' this game in the sense of winning every single top prize for a sustained period. It's a split, dependent on who happens to spend more gold and who gets lucky in each event. It's therefore sensible to remove the chance element and come to a rough approximation.

Plus everyone would think you were a back-stabbing g*t and you'd lose your friends. But that's assuming you actually had any in the first place...

:P I jest

Articulate Author Tommy Two Toes's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kerching View Post
    Plus everyone would think you were a back-stabbing g*t and you'd lose your friends. But that's assuming you actually had any in the first place...
    :P I jest
    Fair assessment. But most of my friends are pretty competitive too.

I think they'd at least understand the move, if they didn't admire it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    The point (does it really need explaining) would be to give one in the eye to those trying every trick in the book to empty players' bank accounts
    Amen Sis! (poking finger in the eye)