You did it to yourselves - why the LTQ is so much harder - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: You did it to yourselves - why the LTQ is so much harder

Consistent Contributor SHANESTER's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    You all want to complain about this LTQ being to hard, cost to much, to much xp and not enough raw gains. In the end, all you that talk about "Preststaging" prior to the start of the LTQ made it this hard. What did you think would happen. Exploits are against the rules of the game. Prestaging is an exploit. So thank you to all you that couldn't keep your mouths shut about what you do.
    Its not an exploit it's a smart strategy. and one that Gree was probably aware of before the first player ever had the bright idea. Despite popular opinion Gree's not stupid. after all they have a lot of us lining their pockets with our hard earned money. Why do you think the first half of prestige is a repeat of normal mode. They are having us reset the maps for prestige. If entertaining game play was their goal i would think they would be a little more creative then repeating missions.
    I highly doubt this last ltq was an endevor to offset the prestaging. probably just a bad business decision. they aren't stupid but their not rocket scientists either

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Hope the next LTQ is better than this one. The only good part is that the final unit is named after our great Devin.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Prominent Poet King little fruit fly's Avatar
    Michigan's tiny city called Beverly Hills
    Post Count
    Gree knows how to fix the prestaging by some of you if it wants to. I remember the last Kingdom Age LTQ was at a special place didn't exist on the map, players just had to pound some creatures next to a tombstone the entire event. Very creative by GREEdy.
    PM me with your WD points to join an awesome top 25 family;

Yip, SMILE and PENGUINCOTT!

“Life is too important to be taken seriously!”

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

LTQ

Quote Originally Posted by Peppers View Post
    I'm personally kinda relieved that this LTQ sucks. I did both of them before Columbia and spent a lot of my gold to do it. I'm enjoying the break this time. I'm doing free hits only. I will not get sucked in to spending more gold and getting more xp to win crappier prizes.
    I totally agree.

Gree has done an amazing job lately of weaning me off gold in MW:
    1. Having CC and MW battles in the same weekend.
    2. Losing to players with 1/2 to 2/3 my stats
    3. Getting 3 hits from a refill
    4. Getting more xp in LTQ's
    5. Requiring even more gold in LTQ's
    6. Nerfing the prizes in the LTQ's
    7. Making bosses 50 instead of 35 (it feels like a chore)

SP, I'm [ ] close to joining you in C&T and going free!
    Well stated. I wonder if more players are joining than leaving?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Sorry, but I can't take anyone that doesn't know the difference between "to" and "too" seriously. Multiple examples prove it wasn't a typo.

Post Count
    Meh. I'm glad they're gone. Sure, my stats went up fast... but so did my level. If I want to be playing this game with only small amounts of gold AND keep earning decent WD points a year from now... I need to lay off the LTQs. Plus, if they went the other way and the bonuses got bigger and bigger... you'd never be able to quit them, or else people leveling up behind you would all have massive stats. Here's to hoping they stay this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Campy McCamperpants View Post
    Sorry, but I can't take anyone that doesn't know the difference between "to" and "too" seriously. Multiple examples prove it wasn't a typo.
    Agree. Looks like he also skipped school the day they learned about plurals vs possessives.

There's no way they changed it because of the staging strategy. Could've done that after the first one if they wanted. They know their own game. Staging is not a glitch like one mobile device getting 100% drop rate compared to another, it's built into the game purposefully and has been used as a strategy and discussed in this forum years before LTQs.

While this site has a terrible search function, if you tried searching something like "how to buy nanotech" and managed to dig through the inconceivable amount of pure garbage... you'd undoubtably find pages and pages of tips and tricks on staging map bosses, complete with which are the best, how much they pay, etc. This is nothing new.
    Last edited by mgriss; 05-30-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Prestaging was an OBVIOUS tactic and GREE developers knew it would happen c'mon guys. How dumb do you think they are??? The mistake was making it so easy in the first place and with whopping rewards.

Banned
    Post Count
    This thread is correct if you have prestaged which i admittedly did then you have exploited the game therefore in a way you have "hacked" the game. As you well know any forms of exploitataion of the game is illegal and thus GREE has taken action.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppers View Post
    I'm personally kinda relieved that this LTQ sucks. I did both of them before Columbia and spent a lot of my gold to do it. I'm enjoying the break this time. I'm doing free hits only. I will not get sucked in to spending more gold and getting more xp to win crappier prizes.

Gree has done an amazing job lately of weaning me off gold in MW:
    1. Having CC and MW battles in the same weekend.
    2. Losing to players with 1/2 to 2/3 my stats
    3. Getting 3 hits from a refill
    4. Getting more xp in LTQ's
    5. Requiring even more gold in LTQ's
    6. Nerfing the prizes in the LTQ's
    7. Making bosses 50 instead of 35 (it feels like a chore)

SP, I'm [ ] close to joining you in C&T and going free!
    Amen! +1 - Taking away the sweet rewards that once inspired me to spend a lot of real money on an imaginary game. All of the above just makes me want to put the game down - or at least stop spending money on it!

As for ANYONE who thinks pre-staging targets is cheating - you are displaying the WORST error in logic I have ever seen. You sound silly! It is not a cheat / a trick / or anything less than simple strategy. It is STILL a risk - you don't know what maps are going to be on the next LTQ - so even hitting up a 0/13 target 10 or 11 or 12 times is a gamble - most of the targets are a one hit anyway - can't really do anything to prep that - so the 0/3 - 0/4 - 010 targets really only represent about 20% of the missions.

It's like saying that a person who knows ahead of time that there is a toll coming up - goes to the bank and buys rolls of quarters - and pre-stages them in zip-lock bags in order to get through the toll both quicker is somehow cheating ? Really - because that scenario sounds like a solid comparison to me and just as ridiculous.

Same thing with the Broken LE sets - it's not cheating - it's playing the game the way it is allowing us to play it - everyone - on an equal playing field. You either see a strategy and use it - or you stay un-informed - un-prepared - and then blame everyone else because you were left behind.

Which best describes you?
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Post Count
    Yeah, right, I don't believe for a second any of you would stop spending real money regardless of what Gree does!

You all talk tough, but you all will be right back at it the next event.

Post Count
    The Cartel failed and the Boycott was marginally successful. Prove me wrong!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    The Cartel failed and the Boycott was marginally successful. Prove me wrong!
    Marginally successful? How about - Top 10 went from 15 million in Ireland - 18 million in China to 24 million in Columbia. How is THAT considered at all successful - unless you own stock in Gree?

Oh wait - you said the Cartel failed - ok - I see what you did there

Last edited by Mcdoc; 05-30-2013 at 02:58 AM.
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    WHAT?? Prestaging is an exploit??? It doesn't take a genius to work out that Prestaging. As someone rightly pointed out, It's a simple bait and switch. This was planned by Gree months back. They may stuff up the programming occasionally ( okay a lot) but don't question their business savviness.
    Haha.. prestaging is an exploit.. Like taking out a home loan to buy a house is also an exploit. Silly

Banned
    Post Count
    It is an exploit to pre stage. It is called a LIMITED time quest. The aim is to do as much in the time given. If it's all pre staged then you are not doing the quests in the limited time alloted, your are don't it in as much time as you desire. Same as people who use to exploit the energy glitch so it recovered faster.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Where I come from, what is not forbidden is allowed. I'm pretty sure it's the same where most of you come from too.

So where did Gree write that pre-staging is forbidden? No where.

Plus, pre-staging has benefits for Gree and disadvantages for the players: they make you level up faster. This is probably the main reason why Gree authorizes it.
    Please PM if looking to join a consistent Top40 faction both in WD and FL.