174 81.69%
  • I do not agree

39 18.31%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WD event from 72 to 24 hours for starters

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by soulnmysole View Post
    1 day is stupid. If this game breaks you up with your family, thats your problem.
    I second this.

Banned
    Post Count
    Sorry OP but you're contradicting yourself. You say you do not have enough time in life to be playing these events. But would rather have a 1 day event instead of one that lasts for 3 days.

If you have a 1 day event, you would be forced to play on that particular day. If the event was 3 days, you can choose any 1 of the 3 days. Therefore it would be more flexible for all players. Since it takes less than 4 hours for an individual player to score a million points, I do not see why you would need the whole 3 days.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yet another thread predicting dire end to the game "if something's not done". Derr.

This game is a conveyor belt. For every player giving up, there are another 2 taking their place.

Banned
    Post Count
    It's not really a prediction. It's a threat. The OP wants to remain polite to Gree so he has disguised his threat as a prediction.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    If the current outcome of the poll remains at 80:20 i do feel less strengthened to proceed to push this as i would have thought a 90:10 outcome. It seems that 20% does not agree with shortening the event which is a considerable minority. We may have to find the solution in each faction indeed.
    Glitters may have a point as well.
    Thx for voting, we will leave it at this.
    Yours,
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    If the current outcome of the poll remains at 80:20 i do feel less strengthened to proceed to push this as i would have thought a 90:10 outcome. It seems that 20% does not agree with shortening the event which is a considerable minority. We may have to find the solution in each faction indeed.
    Glitters may have a point as well.
    Thx for voting, we will leave it at this.
    Yours,
    This is a difficult one to find the right balance for all players. I did vote to shorten the event to 24 hours due to its intensive nature. Alternatively, GREE could lengthen the WD event to a whole month as suggested by PJ with the last 2 days falling on a weekend as no one will play it with such intensity for a whole month... this would make the leaderboard very interesting and factions can decide to make a run at it on the last 2 days of the event if they wanted to.

They should either shorten it to 24 hrs or extend it for a much longer period, like 3 or 4 weeks, although I am sure it has its own disadvantages associated with that. 3 to 5 days just hits that pain barrier and I always feel exhausted after each WD event which is slowly eroding my enjoyment from the event.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by glitters View Post
    Sorry OP but you're contradicting yourself. You say you do not have enough time in life to be playing these events. But would rather have a 1 day event instead of one that lasts for 3 days.

If you have a 1 day event, you would be forced to play on that particular day. If the event was 3 days, you can choose any 1 of the 3 days. Therefore it would be more flexible for all players. Since it takes less than 4 hours for an individual player to score a million points, I do not see why you would need the whole 3 days.
    I do not believe this is true. The majority of players in top 10 and 25 teams have to commit more than just 1 day of activity in WD events. This is especially true for leaders/officers and any 'support' members each faction has. For teams on the border line of their tier (eg they're at 10th position and in danger of slipping to 11th) wouldn't be able to get all their hits in on Saturday when they will be needed to help further at the end on Monday. The unpredictability of where you will be positioned in your tier as the event progresses means you have to be available at any point during the event in case your help is needed.

Banned
    Post Count
    Length of event is fine. Time between is not.

This just sounds like a massive gold spender trying to get others to back him up in getting Gree to change things so his faction doesn't have to spend as much, with "family time" thrown in to entice free players to back him up. Or a massive gold spender trying to stack the odds even more in his factions favor. Either way, the whole thing seems self-centered. The bottom line is, players like the op feed the Gree animal. If you want things to change, you don't need us. Gree doesn't care about the 100,000 that may spend $20, but they do care about the 100 that may spend $10,000.

Stop feeding the animal. If you dare.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm.J View Post
    Length of event is fine. Time between is not.

This just sounds like a massive gold spender trying to get others to back him up in getting Gree to change things so his faction doesn't have to spend as much, with "family time" thrown in to entice free players to back him up. Or a massive gold spender trying to stack the odds even more in his factions favor. Either way, the whole thing seems self-centered. The bottom line is, players like the op feed the Gree animal. If you want things to change, you don't need us. Gree doesn't care about the 100,000 that may spend $20, but they do care about the 100 that may spend $10,000.

Stop feeding the animal. If you dare.
    If it is self-centered, why do 80%+ of players agree with him?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Ferr every time after an event you put up a similar thread. I understand your request but be completely honest with me here - is this because you think its too long or that a 1 day event gives you a better crack at first place?

I can't help but feel there is a slightly selfish reason behind this but you can tell me otherwise.

24 hours just becomes who can hit reload the quickest for the top 10 factions so there is no skill, planning or fun involved. The Top 10 will have a pretty much identical score and the winner will be the quickest re-loaders with the most members - simple maths.

48 means lower gold teams can still get their refills in and put in a decent shift and get some sleep.

I am also of the opinion that there should be at least one month between events.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

2-day event is better

Given the time difference, I think a 2-day event is better than 1-day. 3-day is indeed too long.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HGF69 View Post
    Ferr every time after an event you put up a similar thread. I understand your request but be completely honest with me here - is this because you think its too long or that a 1 day event gives you a better crack at first place?

I can't help but feel there is a slightly selfish reason behind this but you can tell me otherwise.

24 hours just becomes who can hit reload the quickest for the top 10 factions so there is no skill, planning or fun involved. The Top 10 will have a pretty much identical score and the winner will be the quickest re-loaders with the most members - simple maths.

48 means lower gold teams can still get their refills in and put in a decent shift and get some sleep.

I am also of the opinion that there should be at least one month between events.
    Actually, there is skill and strategy involved in how to tap fastest. Examples could be, finding the fastest wifi in you neighborhood or local Starbucks. If the local establishment gets too crowded, your speed may slow down. Another would be, your device heats up so much it slows down, relegating you to tapping inside your own freezer. You must be careful though to put your device in a GREE certified bag to prevent moisture from getting into your device.

You may think it's just going to be nonstop tapping for 24 straight hours, but keep in mind that some of us blow through over 5k gold per one hour war. If we do 18 wars, only because of the time we have to wait to get matched(over 25 min average for us), that's 90k gold. Not too many of us spend that type of gold now and do not plan on starting anytime soon.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    If it is self-centered, why do 80%+ of players agree with him?
    Who knows? Maybe it's like HG said. How many top ranking faction members post here that would agree with him? The only benefit here is to the ones feeding the monster.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HGF69 View Post

HG I could tell you from experience that the most crucial part of the event is based on the 24hr period, at least for the top 3. The teams on the top 3 could tell whether or not to push, hold, or defend their position after the 24th hr. The rest of the remaining time of the event is simply wait or maintain.
    The greatest friend of truth is Time, her greatest enemy is Prejudice, and her constant companion is Humility. - C.C. Colton

Banned
    Post Count
    It will take the big money players to really change GREES actions. Those of us in the middle and bottom are not going to do it alone. If FERRs Emperors sat out, then SUPERFACTION would take their place and so on. The top teams know who they are and where they will finish so why keep wasting money doing what they do? I think Its a status thing for them to release their rankings. If they truly wanted change they could force the change by sitting out. We all know that any team who took their spots would only be as a result of them sitting out. So why not make a statement to Gree and sit it out? The things we talk of on this forum are read by them and some ways do have effect. Does anyone think the 40% gold sale this weekend was a treat by Gree? Heck no it was their way of trying to alter the opinions of anyone who may have bought into the Cartel thinking and a cost free way to say hey look Gree cares. Well they don't, they are a business and they only care about the money. I don't blame them for that. I blame them for not fixing things that are broken and changing things to benefit them at our cost without advising us of the changes to see if we will participate.

Look I'm rambling,,, if people want change we are not going to get it by asking Gree, we will only get it by Gree asking us.
    They have more to lose by us sitting it out than we do.. Unless you care about your Internet status as a top team in a game among thousand of games. I can tell you I don't know the top teams in the other Gree games. If you fight for the top at all cost you pay for it at your cost.