TBC 3rd place finish Battle for Blighted Woods - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TBC 3rd place finish Battle for Blighted Woods

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by wmkingiv View Post
    (you weren't as well hidden as you thought)

Very kind words spoken, emcee did a great job in leading and recruiting, no doubt. Nic, I have a question if you don't mind, and this is more about glitches than strategy. There were a couple of times when it showed us overtaking you in points but you remained in third on the leader board (before the final battle). This only occurred with a few of our members. Is this something you guys saw as well, or merely a glitch in the game we should report?
    Never saw you overtaking BGK on the leader board.

I still haven't got over the fact that TBC had a player who was level 3 with 5 allies, level 17, and nearly half who were double digit levels.

How many of you here went up against them in the latest war?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak-Manin View Post
    I disagree. It's true that to run points, you need gems. But TBC did some really brilliant things. First, the make up of their team. I assure you, there was a lot of thought in who they had on their team. That team did not happen by accident. It was a really strong team, and they were really really hard to score against.

Second...their plan of hovering out of sight just below BKG until the last battle when the boards were frozen...BRILLIANT.

So to those that say there is no strategy left in this game...I say...Look at what TBC did.

Again...kudos to those guys.

AK
    Thanks Ak-Manin for the kudos. It was a three day hovering and at times having a coronary thinking we passed BGK. I must have said STOP FIGHTING like a million time

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by nic4msu View Post
    Congrats to TBC on third. That was an epic match! Your strategy of low level/high stat players paid off in spades. We had to almost double your spending in the final battle to keep up. If we'd had just one more player in-game for the final match, it could have gone the other way - the match was truly THAT close! We didn't have that extra player, and you won in perhaps the closest match I'll ever have the pleasure of leading. When we saw the match up we weren't sure if we should be excited to be matched with you so we could be sure of the outcome (you weren't as well hidden as you thought), or if we should be disappointed at the low point opportunities. We might not have won, but it was one heck of a battle!

I think Gree was the biggest winner, though, with the crazy amount of gems spent in that final hour! Wow!!!

Again, congratulations.
    Thanks nic,
    It was a perfect storm with Gree coming out ahead. But in all my years playing it was the most nail biting, exciting and simply the best singular gaming experience to date. Epic would best describe not just the last hour but the 3 days leading up to the final matchup. Which to our shock was WTF how did we get BGK and then it was the best possible scenario in retrospect. Cheers to your team for being such worthy adversaries.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captian Rex View Post
    Never saw you overtaking BGK on the leader board.

I still haven't got over the fact that TBC had a player who was level 3 with 5 allies, level 17, and nearly half who were double digit levels.

How many of you here went up against them in the latest war?
    Who us? Must be getting confused with our second guild GUC

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    Who us? Must be getting confused with our second guild GUC
    No not confused. TBC had a player who was level 3 with 5 allies, and another who was level 17. Quite a few < level 100. Does it make sense anyone?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captian Rex View Post
    No not confused. TBC had a player who was level 3 with 5 allies, and another who was level 17. Quite a few < level 100. Does it make sense anyone?
    Yes, it does actually. A wall hitter can be any level. So are you better having 2 players, with only one that is active all the time and the other just sometimes? Or are you better with having 1 player with 2 characters that is active all the time even if one is just level 3 taking down the wall each war (also no one is going to attack the level 3 player, so you just removed a target for the other guild)? I would rather have the latter.
    Last edited by Rastlin; 04-24-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    This battle sounds like it was very exciting and exhausting at the same time with people on the edge of their seats (or what ever). Congratulations on the hard effort.

On another note while reading this my imagination got away from me and I just visualized this battle with two groups on both sides of a large box and both aggressively and competitively throwing money into it to see who won the race. Hahah, I don't mean to turn this into a cash spending discussion, I just couldn't help but laugh at my imagination and share it. I too spent cash for gems so I guess that makes me one of those people in my imagination.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by wmkingiv View Post
    (you weren't as well hidden as you thought)

Very kind words spoken, emcee did a great job in leading and recruiting, no doubt. Nic, I have a question if you don't mind, and this is more about glitches than strategy. There were a couple of times when it showed us overtaking you in points but you remained in third on the leader board (before the final battle). This only occurred with a few of our members. Is this something you guys saw as well, or merely a glitch in the game we should report?
    We never saw you overtake us on the leaderboard. We were just aware that you were hiding in our shadows, and we knew there was only one way you could be sure to avoid an earlier match-up. Good strategy - it's one I've used myself

I was actually impressed with your discipline in staying behind us -- especially when we had a few of those low point matches! We wondered if you'd keep your points that low, too.
    KA: nic/Emerald Dragon-BGK 770-309-844 (HLP)
    BLACK GRYPHON'S KNIGHTS (BGK), Officer, War Commander [battles 1-3]
    Guild Invite Code #400849072 [1:1 KakaoTalk ID nic4msu to apply]
    #4 Giant's Alley; #22 Darkhome (Boycott); #3 Dwarven Mines; #4 Blighted Woods,
    #3 Dragon's Roost

MW: nic 383-736-295 (HLP)
    Elites United (ELU), Leader, Faction #428827514 [to apply: PM nic4msu, add 383-736-295]
    #63 Madagascar, #42 Columbia, #37 Ireland, #70 China, #42 Egypt, #73 Greenland,
    #68 Brazil

Post Count
    So, the story ends on a sweet note, with worthy adversaries giving mutual respect to each other. Kudos to both teams for your maturity.

And to a certain poster who has been making all manner of inflammatory and wild accusations, this is perhaps the best slap down - that BGK recognises the effort and ultimate win by TBC for this war.
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by nic4msu View Post
    I was actually impressed with your discipline in staying behind us -- especially when we had a few of those low point matches! We wondered if you'd keep your points that low, too.
    There was one period on the second last night shift where we only added 20000 a battle, 3 or 4 battles straight, but kept declaring incase you guys took off.

There were 3 very close calls where we thought we'd over taken you. All of which were caused by lag.

Consistent Contributor Battle Mage's Avatar
    Post Count
    It was very tight and exciting at times. The way a good relationship should be!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Mage View Post
    It was very tight and exciting at times. The way a good relationship should be!
    Hehehe. Made me laugh out loud!