Leather Briefcase Event - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leather Briefcase Event

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MrL View Post
    Question I won a previous briefcase event & I get 30% off all upgrades. If I were to win this event will they allow me 60% off all upgrades? Seems too good to be true?!?
    I suppose so. I have 2 "+5 rp when robbing" modifiers. So now I have +10 rp with every rob I do.

I believe the first prize of the first syn war had a modifier "-25% building time". Four of those would give instant upgrades! Wouldn't mind that at all...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by panty sniffer View Post
    Spend gold to reset timer or to get the guaranteed prize.Does anyone know what's better statically? Also, I have 200 gold. Think I stand a good chsnce if I use it all on this event? Thanks. Sorry if this post is considered a hijack. I'm too new here to start my own thread.
    200 gold is far from enough to ensure you end up with 10. Get at least a vault(1500) ready if you really want it.
    No Gold Forever

IPH 28m

Banned
    Post Count
    I got it
    38 minutes in
    Good luck everyone . I spent 1000 gold

Banned
    Post Count
    Seems to be pretty consistent with 1 k gold in the first hour

Banned
    Post Count
    Wow That is fast.

I assume that is roughly 34 opens and 33 timer resets?

I would hope that means I should be able to do it for 500 gold if I skip the timer resets and open 10 per day w/ gold.

I assume that without gold I would need more like 100-115 trys at opening it and there are 82 hours left.

Thanks
    Bovus

Quote Originally Posted by thevlad View Post
    Seems to be pretty consistent with 1 k gold in the first hour

Post Count
    LOL the briefcase dataset totally messed my game up. Got two briefcases, opened one (BLNT), then when trying to rob/attack more rivals, I kept getting weird errors eventually "data corrupted. Uninstall and re-install your game" messages. I turned my phone off and on a few times, but kept getting the "data corrupted" error.

Reinstalled the game, seems to work again, but now I don't have the briefcase dataset any more.

Consistent Contributor MoarKrabs's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    LOL the briefcase dataset totally messed my game up. Got two briefcases, opened one (BLNT), then when trying to rob/attack more rivals, I kept getting weird errors eventually "data corrupted. Uninstall and re-install your game" messages. I turned my phone off and on a few times, but kept getting the "data corrupted" error.

Reinstalled the game, seems to work again, but now I don't have the briefcase dataset any more.
    Got the same issue here.
    It was his hat Mr. Krabs, he was #1!

Post Count
    How confirmed / wrong is the theory that it's easier to get opens in these events in the first few hours? How much worse is it to let the clock run as long as you can, then switch to gold opens and resets if needed?
    S
    Level 153
    57.8M A 39.8M D
    25.1M IPH

Best shanty evar!

Post Count
    Well, I got the briefcase dataset again, opened a second case (BLNT), and haven't had any issues yet-- I was getting them a bunch when trying to change hoods (from one rival to another). Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself, since it's only been like ten minutes.

I want to test a hypothesis, that if you have poor data reception, it's always a BLNT. It seems like the game needs to send info to a server or something before awarding you a briefcase (or experimental round, or whatever item is needed for the prize), and if you can't connect, it'll default to a BLNT. My second hypothesis, which perhaps someone already knows the answer to, is that the number of briefcases/special item awarded is relative to the number of briefcases/special items that other people are awarding (i.e. the server or whomever will award no more than X briefcases in a given time period). Is that why gold opens work in the beginning, when not that many opens are happening in the general population, as opposed to gold opens in the end, where lots of people are scrambling to open every last case?

Post Count
    Well, I got the briefcase dataset again, opened a second case (BLNT), and haven't had any issues yet-- I was getting them a bunch when trying to change hoods (from one rival to another). Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself, since it's only been like ten minutes.

I want to test a hypothesis, that if you have poor data reception, it's always a BLNT. It seems like the game needs to send info to a server or something before awarding you a briefcase (or experimental round, or whatever item is needed for the prize), and if you can't connect, it'll default to a BLNT. My second hypothesis, which perhaps someone already knows the answer to, is that the number of briefcases/special item awarded is relative to the number of briefcases/special items that other people are awarding (i.e. the server or whomever will award no more than X briefcases in a given time period). Is that why gold opens work in the beginning, when not that many opens are happening in the general population, as opposed to gold opens in the end, where lots of people are scrambling to open every last case?
    I agree to the first, which in my case I always need to turn off all downloading or youtube thing for a better chance to open. As for the second, I don't think GREE would even bother calculate that, the 10th drop rate is already very low and people got tired eventually working on opening any boxes.
    No Gold Forever

IPH 28m

Lurker
    Post Count
    Same here re issue and so have a few people in my syndicate. I deleted/reinstalled and the event has disappeared even though there before. A new update is required me thinks.

Banned
    Post Count
    reboooooooottttt !!!!

XD!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    I agree to the first, which in my case I always need to turn off all downloading or youtube thing for a better chance to open. As for the second, I don't think GREE would even bother calculate that, the 10th drop rate is already very low and people got tired eventually working on opening any boxes.
    So you think it's just superstition that some people think it's better to get the item ASAP with gold than to wait until the last minute to get it with gold? I can't verify, but I can say I did buy gold once to try to get a tenth item (although I guess getting 9 for free is pretty good) and I still couldn't get the tenth item even after spend an embarrassing amount of gold.

Consistent Contributor MoarKrabs's Avatar
    Post Count
    So you think it's just superstition that some people think it's better to get the item ASAP with gold than to wait until the last minute to get it with gold? I can't verify, but I can say I did buy gold once to try to get a tenth item (although I guess getting 9 for free is pretty good) and I still couldn't get the tenth item even after spend an embarrassing amount of gold.
    If you're lvl 100 and above, there is a good chance that you're not even going to get the last item even with 3 vaults of gold in the collect 10 events.
    It was his hat Mr. Krabs, he was #1!

Post Count
    Got it! Only costed me 1,100 gold!

Level 138
    Last edited by KemoKidd; 04-02-2013 at 02:45 PM.