Anyone notice higher casualty rates since the PvP event started? - Page 10

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice higher casualty rates since the PvP event started?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quick up date, removed 40 allies and came back down a bit to look for money buildings. Found a guy with a huge wad of cash in the bank and 6269 defence. My attack is 9657. Checked his inventory and nothing to worry about. First pop at him I get 200 k and lose a sniper, lovely! Did it again and got a further 180 k and lost 2 snipers. Still no probs. two further attacks and another wad of cash with no loss. I'm thinking, here we go! Back on form. Hit him again, lost, plus lost an expert attack plus 2 hornets plus a sniper!!! In one single attack! It must be my fault then. I would love an explanation from the wonderful gold unit army experts.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Does anyone have a tent and gas stove available? It's camping time!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by iamnasty View Post
    Did you lose anything when you hit me yesterday ??

cheers
    Opps did I hit you? Don't lose any units unless its attacking unit buildings/boosts. General PVP don't lose any units.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudebot121256 View Post
    I can't blame him, he's very busy with MW like I said. Also, he's posting a heck of a lot more than CCM, as much as I liked the guy, he never announced or responded to anything. A lock here and ban there and that was it.
    CCM was always helpful when i asked a few questions and PM him, also i never got banned by him even when i had a little rant lol but already i got banned on the modern war pages (so guessing that was CJ thnx m8 ) for spamming my faction code on 3 TOPIC PAGES!!! all were topics about factions i might add however i do appreciate all the devs feedback as CJ has been very helpful so far with these factions!! if only it wasn't all in vein as its looking like another badly organised gree event, or should we say what it really is: a gree money making scheme again back on topic before i get banned again lol these casualty rates is just the icing or cherry on the cake of gree mistakes!! if your in a faction trying to donate money and concrete which means lots of PVPs but are losing this many units its impossible to keep donating and upgrading your base buildings and replenishing all these lost units!!!! com'on think about it for a second? i know your not nasa scientists IQ levels but common sense!! lol i saw CJ said theres no change in unit losses been made, hate to say your wrong but u are WRONG!! huge difference last few days and its not stopped after the tournament so whats going on? whats gree going to do about this? or is it time to stop playing now? And another thing on the same lines as this, but I've noticed less concrete dropping from PVPs so we attack lose millions of units for 1 concrete block WHOOPEEE!!!! factions is on its way down like the Un-Named plane thats flying by theres the rest of us on a gree battleship sinking somewheres in the atlantic. OVER AND OUT

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgf111 View Post
    CCM was always helpful when i asked a few questions and PM him, also i never got banned by him even when i had a little rant lol but already i got banned on the modern war pages (so guessing that was CJ thnx m8 ) for spamming my faction code on 3 TOPIC PAGES!!! all were topics about factions i might add however i do appreciate all the devs feedback as CJ has been very helpful so far with these factions!! if only it wasn't all in vein as its looking like another badly organised gree event, or should we say what it really is: a gree money making scheme again back on topic before i get banned again lol these casualty rates is just the icing or cherry on the cake of gree mistakes!! if your in a faction trying to donate money and concrete which means lots of PVPs but are losing this many units its impossible to keep donating and upgrading your base buildings and replenishing all these lost units!!!! com'on think about it for a second? i know your not nasa scientists IQ levels but common sense!! lol i saw CJ said theres no change in unit losses been made, hate to say your wrong but u are WRONG!! huge difference last few days and its not stopped after the tournament so whats going on? whats gree going to do about this? or is it time to stop playing now? And another thing on the same lines as this, but I've noticed less concrete dropping from PVPs so we attack lose millions of units for 1 concrete block WHOOPEEE!!!! factions is on its way down like the Un-Named plane thats flying by theres the rest of us on a gree battleship sinking somewheres in the atlantic. OVER AND OUT
    your absolutely right! it's been a tough weekend as I was donating around 5 mil per day and several concrete blocks prior to the weekend and now I'm struggling to donate 1 mil per day and no hope of chasing blocks. Moneys taken up by replacement units. This game could easily become a two times a day visit only to just get money and leave. A bit like theme park, just collecting money for the sake of it. Boring.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mickymacirl View Post
    Opps did I hit you? Don't lose any units unless its attacking unit buildings/boosts. General PVP don't lose any units.
    Ok, what about my BP ??.

Cheers

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmutley View Post
    Quick up date, removed 40 allies and came back down a bit to look for money buildings. Found a guy with a huge wad of cash in the bank and 6269 defence. My attack is 9657. Checked his inventory and nothing to worry about. First pop at him I get 200 k and lose a sniper, lovely! Did it again and got a further 180 k and lost 2 snipers. Still no probs. two further attacks and another wad of cash with no loss. I'm thinking, here we go! Back on form. Hit him again, lost, plus lost an expert attack plus 2 hornets plus a sniper!!! In one single attack! It must be my fault then. I would love an explanation from the wonderful gold unit army experts.
    Frankly I'm not surprised with your losses in the least. The only way not lose troops or at least greatly reduce your losses is to have an overwhelming advantage. You DIDN'T have an overwhelming advantage. Your attack is 9657 and his defence is 6269 PRE boost calculation. Depending on what country he is on and his boost buildings his defence might be 10-20% stronger. Then you need to factor where he spent his point. If he gone defensive and you are balanced you may actually find you are marginally stronger. I normally find I need a ratio of 2:1 (my attacks : his defence) to stand a good chance of not loosing troops. At 3:1 I'm normally reasonably safe but never a guarantee.

now to the topic.....

Something else I have observed is that on a casual day when I use my energy up a few times, my losses seem low (ie low chance of loss per attack). But on days that I spend the day hammering it out all day the chances of losses seem to increase. Then the next day it's ok again. I've got used this now and when I see the losses getting bad I call it a day. So maybe what people are experiencing is this phenomenon ?

Saying all that, someone said something that struck a bell for me. Something receiving double hits from a player. I then remember another thing I notice that if I am fast hitting the attack on the same player ( normally because he is a big over vault) I find that I often start getting heavy losses, BUT at times when I'm out of energy and have to wait for the recharge, I don't seem to the losses. So I am wondering whether what I wrote in the earlier paragraph was more to do with the sloppy playing style that you adopt after playing to a while rather than some anti-agro algorithm???? Could be also that back to back attacks have a higher chance of failing when the server has slowed down due to load?
    Last edited by Rayda; 01-14-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayda View Post
    Frankly I'm not surprised with your losses in the least. The only way not lose troops or at least greatly reduce your losses is to have an overwhelming advantage. You DIDN'T have an overwhelming advantage. Your attack is 9657 and his defence is 6269 PRE boost calculation. Depending on what country he is on and his boost buildings his defence might be 10-20% stronger. Then you need to factor where he spent his point. If he gone defensive and you are balanced you may actually find you are marginally stronger. I normally find I need a ratio of 2:1 (my attacks : his defence) to stand a good chance of not loosing troops. At 3:1 I'm normally reasonably safe but never a guarantee.

now to the topic.....

Something else I have observed is that on a casual day when I use my energy up a few times, my losses seem low (ie low chance of loss per attack). But on days that I spend the day hammering it out all day the chances of losses seem to increase. Then the next day it's ok again. I've got used this now and when I see the losses getting bad I call it a day. So maybe what people are experiencing is this phenomenon ?

Saying all that, someone said something that struck a bell for me. Something receiving double hits from a player. I then remember another thing I notice that if I am fast hitting the attack on the same player ( normally because he is a big over vault) I find that I often start getting heavy losses, BUT at times when I'm out of energy and have to wait for the recharge, I don't seem to the losses. So I am wondering whether what I wrote in the earlier paragraph was more to do with the sloppy playing style that you adopt after playing to a while rather than some anti-agro algorithm???? Could be also that back to back attacks have a higher chance of failing when the server has slowed down due to load?
    Im not sure whats sloppy about spending 10 mins reading through someone's inventory, checking all factors in stats and also I've always only spent my skill points on attack and defend. Plus I've done a load of map missions and put those skill points on the attack and defence to. He had only towers as his defence buildings and no boost buildings. would have continued attacking prior to the losses, I know you would. You don't just pull out of a roll do you? Oh, I'm doing realy good, better leave now. That's not the logic. It's not horse racing where your always taking a gamble. I've had it where I've attacked guys with 3500 defence against my 9600 attack and I've still lost units. Thats coming up to 200 % Increase. You may be right about the speed of my attack once decided. I did hit him hard and fast. Up to now that's worked for me. What advice could you give me? Do I need a timer as well as my I pad so I can say attack every 15 seconds on the dot? I don't know......... What is odd is the guys in our faction who where ghosts before but arnt now are being effected but the others arnt. They are saying they are attacking people with equal defence/ attack comparisons and not loosing a thing. Your more than welcome to have a look at my stats, my allies number is 521254216. Come on over, we're having a party! Lol

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Yes, casualty rates are much higher

I am a level 159, 8789 units, 68426 attack, 65705 defence and 1513 allies. Ever since I have reached level 130. casualty rates started going up. Now they are off the charts. Now I only attack people that are 10% of my attack/defence and they have units in the hundreds. I still loose inventory. Since the event started on 1/11/13, I have lost over 15 million in inventory, including a battleship, aircraft carrier, balistic subs, viper jets, abrams tanks, apache copter, and numerous valor items, including elite ops copters, super hornets, stealth frigates, expert attack drones, m270 mlrs, and hardened marines. Loosing a few valor items I don't mind, but I have lost at least 20 to 30 of each valor item. I know this not right. A person I work with started the game the same time I did. She is about the same level, close attack defence to me and she can attack at will, without loosing hardly anything. She attacks people much higher than I do. Another person I know who is around level 70, does not have that problem either. I have asked the members of my faction if they have this problem and only 2 others out of 30 say the casualty rate is up, but not as bad as me. I have sent in a ticket on this, is there any other help out there for this?
    Btw we now have a couple of spots open in our faction due to the ghost problem that has been fixed. Looking for level 100+ or better daily players.
    655-452-543 faction id
    9% health
    25% defence
    5% building cash
    14% guild members

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rar View Post
    I am a level 159, 8789 units, 68426 attack, 65705 defence and 1513 allies. Ever since I have reached level 130. casualty rates started going up. Now they are off the charts. Now I only attack people that are 10% of my attack/defence and they have units in the hundreds. I still loose inventory. Since the event started on 1/11/13, I have lost over 15 million in inventory, including a battleship, aircraft carrier, balistic subs, viper jets, abrams tanks, apache copter, and numerous valor items, including elite ops copters, super hornets, stealth frigates, expert attack drones, m270 mlrs, and hardened marines. Loosing a few valor items I don't mind, but I have lost at least 20 to 30 of each valor item. I know this not right. A person I work with started the game the same time I did. She is about the same level, close attack defence to me and she can attack at will, without loosing hardly anything. She attacks people much higher than I do. Another person I know who is around level 70, does not have that problem either. I have asked the members of my faction if they have this problem and only 2 others out of 30 say the casualty rate is up, but not as bad as me. I have sent in a ticket on this, is there any other help out there for this?
    Btw we now have a couple of spots open in our faction due to the ghost problem that has been fixed. Looking for level 100+ or better daily players.
    655-452-543 faction id
    9% health
    25% defence
    5% building cash
    14% guild members
    Thank you rar. Just because the company say " we haven't adjusted the algorithm", doesn't mean there is not a problem. It just means they don't know yet what's causing the problem. Same with the faction glitch problem in the beginning. Conflicts, denial, accusations and then bingo! There is an error. Then they can get on with fixing it. This will be exactly the same story. Just wish people would believe what we are telling them.

Post Count
    After reading this and conducting my own tests, using my attack stat of 6000 and players with about 400-600 defense, I noticed that:
    I lost no units when attacking other players, from about 40 attacks.

I lost at least 2 units every time I raided someone, from about 15 raids. stopped cos the losses were getting silly.

Is this what other people are seeing or are you having problems attacking as well?
    Last edited by KizbotBro; 01-14-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    Space reserved for something useful.
    Open to suggestions.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Higher casualty and more losses

I have noticed an increase in casualty as well as losses to ppl 40k less def than my att. :/
    If you don't get it.....you don't get it!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KizbotBro View Post
    After reading this and conducting my own tests, using my attack stat of 6000 and players with about 400-600 defense, I noticed that:
    I lost no units when attacking other players, from about 40 attacks.

I lost at least 2 units every time I raided someone, from about 15 raids. stopped cos the losses were getting silly.

Is this what other people are seeing or are you having problems attacking as well?
    I'm noticing a much higher loss rate with everything I do, Pvp, Raiding and Missions.
    Last edited by Wufnu; 01-15-2013 at 12:29 AM.

MW Ernst
    OTS FACTION
    Join Code 572 280 754

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Attack and defense well over 100,000, level 150.

For quite a long time I would not lose anything if I attacked or raided anyone under 10,000 defense and 600 units. All of a sudden, I lose units almost every hit. However, the change in loss rate happened even before the AC building first was available. I don't know if there was even a bigger change once this event started, because I stopped raiding/attacking when the drastic change happened quite some time ago.

Consistent Contributor Alpha dog's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So is this issue now being ignored. I hear CJ say the casualty rates have not changed but I have suffered unprecedented loses during the PvP, attacking the same players I did not long before the event.

Do we get anything else from you on this?

Don't cry about how you died, I do enough for everyone!!

MW ID

Alpha Dog 143 725 466

llp Alpha pup 506 192 399