Ramshutu AMA - Ask me Anything! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramshutu AMA - Ask me Anything!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks Ram! Just doing a little planning for the summer. The HMS victory would be a huge hit with the kids and my husband who's into naval history.

Banned
    Post Count
    Is it true you are then next star of The only way is Essex? And you do weight lifting using a Chiwawa.
    Lastly, is the Borg coming to wipe out Essex anytime soon?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by isshi View Post
    Is it true you are then next star of The only way is Essex? And you do weight lifting using a Chiwawa.
    Lastly, is the Borg coming to wipe out Essex anytime soon?
    1.) Yes. I will be in the only way is Essex as a larger than life supervillian protagonist.

2.) I moved house recently, including moving 8 boxes of christmas decorations, 152 bags of books, and my partners rock collection; my guns have no need of any Chuiahaha enhanced routines.

3.) No. As you should know, the Borg only assimilate civilisations that can be of positive benefit to the collective. As white stilletos and hairdressers are not really essential or beneficial to a cyborg society, and the phrase "Resistance is futile, innit," is not as catchy, the chances are they will be left alone.

365 587 968

Banned
    Post Count
    How old are you and what do you do for a living?
    What did you receive your formal education/training in?
    What hobbies or interests have spurred ongoing education/training?
    You may be my favorite forum member for the ridiculous/funny/intelligent/helpful/etc stuff you share here so just trying to paint a picture towards what makes you tick...

Post Count

Science Question

Quinone/Hydroquinone redox couple is used to test the functioning of platinum electrode. The reduction reaction for this couple is:

Quinone + 2H+ + 2e- = Hydroquinone; Eo = 0.699 v.

Assume the ratio of the activities of the [Quinone]/[Hydroquinone] = 1. The electrodes are tested in buffer solutions with pH of 7 or 4 containing the redox couple at 25 oC.

a). Write appropriate Nernst equation.

b). Calculate Eh at pH 4 and 7.

c). What will be the electrode potential at pH 4 and 7 in reference to standard calomel electrode (SCE)?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekevoy View Post
    Quinone/Hydroquinone redox couple is used to test the functioning of platinum electrode. The reduction reaction for this couple is:

Assume the ratio of the activities of the [Quinone]/[Hydroquinone] = 1. The electrodes are tested in buffer solutions with pH of 7 or 4 containing the redox couple at 25 oC.

c). What will be the electrode potential at pH 4 and 7 in reference to standard calomel electrode (SCE)?
    The answer is 42.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    1) I resent the Essex comments. I now reside there and the misses is a blonde Essex girl.
    2) I agree with ripper. I don't think the Stonehenge entrance fee is worth it. But I'd stop by if going Portsmouth or Cornwall.
    3) Is that you in your avator?
    4) I was sure I would be least favourite. Must try harder
    5) Is it true your even older than The Billionaire?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    How old are you and what do you do for a living?
    What did you receive your formal education/training in?
    What hobbies or interests have spurred ongoing education/training?
    You may be my favorite forum member for the ridiculous/funny/intelligent/helpful/etc stuff you share here so just trying to paint a picture towards what makes you tick...
    - I am 32, I think. I haven't been particularly sure of my exact age since 25. I am a principle software engineer/Software Team lead, and this involves top level design of new software products.

- I was formally trained in electrical and electronic engineering, although never actually got a degree.

- Software has always been a hobby/geeky passion, so since then I have been doing distance learning to get a proper degree so I can be a real boy. I was into software since QBasic was the programming language of choice. I remember irritating the **** out of my parents by programming a virtual piano (you had to type the note in), which caused the PC speaker to play the given tone continuusly until you changed.

I have also been responsible for starting a robot for robot wars in the UK (part of the team, but never actually went on TV, it's a bit of a sore point involving not being able to skive of work.

I play football (I was in goal because at school I was never any good at it, so always went in goal and found I could actually get in the way of shots), but always like to go out field, invariably falling to my knees and making the sign of the cross when I score.

I also am into dance music, and try and write comedy novels in my spare time; of which one just needs editing before I try and publish it (although to be fair, it's been like that for the last 8 months).

365 587 968

Banned
    Post Count
    Favorite movie?

Banned
    Post Count
    Is it true your Santa?

Post Count
    whose santa?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count

I don't know the answer. Not just that, I can't even find anything funny in response. So I guess you earn a chufty badge!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragmondino View Post
    1) I resent the Essex comments. I now reside there and the misses is a blonde Essex girl.
    2) I agree with ripper. I don't think the Stonehenge entrance fee is worth it. But I'd stop by if going Portsmouth or Cornwall.
    3) Is that you in your avator?
    4) I was sure I would be least favourite. Must try harder
    5) Is it true your even older than The Billionaire?
    1.) My Misses is a ginger who lived in Essex, but was from Scotland. Imagine my problems!
    2.) Yep.
    3.) No, I wish.
    4.) You are the drunkest character I know.
    5.) Possibly in Dog years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Time View Post
    Favorite movie?
    Hmmm, hard one.

It's a toss up between Fight club and South Park the Movie.

I used to have a single VHS tape at university, and South Park was it, it played on repeating, never ending loop so that when I came home drunk I would put on the TV and watch it to prevent me from getting the spins.

Fight Club is probably my absolute favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragmondino View Post
    Is it true your Santa?
    My santa what?

365 587 968

Post Count

Please note that my delay in response was actually because I have been browsing Wikipedia trying to find an answer!

365 587 968

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshutu View Post
    Please note that my delay in response was actually because I have been browsing Wikipedia trying to find an answer!
    a)

pH 7: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(7)

pH 4: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(4)

b)

pH7: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(7)

= 0.699 - log1 - 0.413

= 0.699 - 0 - 0.413

Eh = 0.286V or 286 mV

pH4: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(4)

= 0.699 - log1 - 0.236

= 0.699 - 0 - 0.236

Eh = 0.463V or 463 mV

c)

Esce = Eh - Ehsce, Ehsce @ 25o C = 0.244mV

pH 7: Esce = 0.286 - 0.244

Esce = 0.042V or 42mV

pH4: Esce = 0.463 - 0.244

Esce = 0.219V or 219mV

I bet Iteachem would've known tha one.