What can you buy with 7 vaults of gold? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What can you buy with 7 vaults of gold?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    There are casual gold spenders, like me, who maybe bought a vault a month, mostly for an event or promotion. We are now learning that this is a colossal waste of time. All that will do is put you at a level slightly above people who wont spend at all. And most of us have realized that it really not worth it. Any of it. I cant rule out never buying gold again, but honestly, I really can't see a good reason to do so. The gap between the haves and the have-nots if just too far. No game balance at all, so what's the point in spending anything?

Although I expected some of it, I am really amazed at the number of people out there with obsessive compulsive disorders. Other than being Bill Gates rich, there really isn't any other way to describe the behavior of some of the people here. I don't begrudge them, being a past gold-spender, that would be a little hypocritical, but seriously, how many of these people will be declaring bankruptcy or paying CC balances 20 years from now for this?
    Do you have any Gold buildings?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandukan View Post
    He spent a lot of gold and is not in the top 50 (clinging to top 500).
    He's in the top 50............

Post Count
    All these events and scratchers and stuff have really devalued buying gold. Before gold items gave a real tangible enhancement to stats unobtainable by cash and respect items even as a casual spender, even buying just one item. Now they've giving out strong item freebies like crazy, every event people can expect to get a free item on par with an uncommon crate item. Gold is having less and less baring on the game, unless you're spending it in mass quantities. In the past I have thought 'when Christmas comes I'll treat my self a little and get a few crates or pretty limited items and it will give a tidy boost and advantage over the free players' now it has basically no effect.
    Someday - and that day my never come, I'll call upon you to do a favour for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha54 View Post
    He's in the top 50............
    I stand corrected.
    It was a lot to read and I'm not the bestest reader.
    Always Famous......

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    My estimation is that the base for being in top 50 will more than 100 (maybe 110) chips so players must calculate how much gold will at least need to spend. If they are not willing to, i believe they should stop spending now.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha54 View Post
    Do you have any Gold buildings?
    Yes.......

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    A question here. If all or most of the people stop buying gold, the end prize might be only worth one/half vault of gold with less competitors. What would people do after seeing this? Some might think it is worthwhile and start the spending journey again. But if there're enough people doing so, the price will level up again.
    Actually, there's always moaning after each regular event since the first one, even if enough has been said about the low chance. I don't believe leaderboard events can be an exception.
    Last edited by Inzaghi; 07-05-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Finally somebody got to their senses. Why didn't people realized it in the first place? It didn't take me long to figure out what I would be getting myself into if I start the race for top 50. There are probably 20-30 players in this game that are so rich they don't really care how much they spend. Others should listen to thier senses more often.
    Are you a gangsters? No, we are Russians!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzaghi View Post
    A question here. If all or most of the people stop buying gold, the end prize might be only worth one/half vault of gold with less competitors. What would people do after seeing this? Some might think it is worthwhile and start the spending journey again. But if there're enough people doing so, the price will level up again.
    Actually, there's always moaning after each regular event since the first one, even if enough has been said about the low chance. I don't believe leaderboard events can be an exception.
    Now, we're talking actual economics.

Supply and demand, baby. IF the cost is too high, people will not buy. Lower the price, they come back.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DenZ1 View Post
    Finally somebody got to their senses. Why didn't people realized it in the first place? It didn't take me long to figure out what I would be getting myself into if I start the race for top 50. There are probably 20-30 players in this game that are so rich they don't really care how much they spend. Others should listen to thier senses more often.
    There's probably a gold hack or scam, too. I still find it hard to believe that someone would dump $500-$1000 into this for one event, but from the way this has played out, it would have to be in that ballpark for some of these players.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    There are casual gold spenders, like me, who maybe bought a vault a month, mostly for an event or promotion. We are now learning that this is a colossal waste of time. All that will do is put you at a level slightly above people who wont spend at all. And most of us have realized that it really not worth it. Any of it. I cant rule out never buying gold again, but honestly, I really can't see a good reason to do so. The gap between the haves and the have-nots if just too far. No game balance at all, so what's the point in spending anything?

Although I expected some of it, I am really amazed at the number of people out there with obsessive compulsive disorders. Other than being Bill Gates rich, there really isn't any other way to describe the behavior of some of the people here. I don't begrudge them, being a past gold-spender, that would be a little hypocritical, but seriously, how many of these people will be declaring bankruptcy or paying CC balances 20 years from now for this?
    +1. Thinking along same lines. I keep spending slowly but as the difference is just too huge to make an impact or close the gap without $1000's to spend in short period of time. This is just ridiculous. REcently I just realized that every time I open the box with gold it cost me $1, $2 with reset. Makes me think again now.
    Last edited by DenZ1; 07-05-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    Are you a gangsters? No, we are Russians!

Post Count
    @OP

Let me ask you this - how good at money management are you in RL?

Yes you can spend a lot of money is this game, but that's part of consumerism.

I look at my spending habits and I realize I waste A LOT of money... cigs, booze, "herbs", vacation, my morning Starbucks, and all the other useless crap I don't need that adds up... The best thing to do, is get a temporary VISA from 7/11 and load it with some "extra" money to spend on phone games... and limit yourself to that... (yes game(s) - I spend money on other games too :P)

If you are an accountant and run your life by spending just enough to get by and banking the rest... I wouldn't play this game lol

Indian Groupie
    A/D 15k/15k | IPH $80k | LVL173 | 499er

Post Count
    I think you completely underestimate the disposable income and wealth of some people...as Sasha54 said people p!ss enormous amounts of money away or burn it...quite literally...who drinks alcohol or smokes for starters?

It's all just entertainment and the extent to which you participate in your chosen activity/ies is your own free choice. There's plenty of analysis been done on the demographics of smart phone owners, particularly the iPhone, that show that their income levels are right at the top end of the general population, ergo they have money spend on all sorts of frivolities. The ones that will be declaring bankruptcy are those that are pushing the budget in order to own such gadgets one in the first place.

Heck, why do folks drive ridiculously powerful cars or live in massive houses...it's cos they did something with their lives...worked hard, got educated whatever (silver spooners aside of course)...so why not spend what you want and how you want? Each to their own I say.
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City
    Level 250 Income Per Hour $146,248,304 Mafia 500
    Attack 2,364,239,212 Defence 974,352,977 Fights Won 348,349 Robberies Won 134,524

Kingdom Age
    Level 232 Income Per Hour 181,242 Gold Allies 497
    Attack 2,303,184,218 Defence 1,626,489,130 Battles Won 97,313 Raids Won 39,171

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
    Now, we're talking actual economics.

Supply and demand, baby. IF the cost is too high, people will not buy. Lower the price, they come back.
    The gold price never rises. It's players who determine the price of the award. Funzio just make use of that.

Banned
    Post Count
    sry but that realy stupid to put so many money in a game, and a poor game sry... never see a game cost so much with nothing inside.. anyway i know how i can make real money now, make a flash game and put on facebook and wait real money.. lol.. i don't flam u, i flam funzio and this game...

the game is cool but what fun for spend so many Gold ? for me and many that not an event... all palyers are addicted and i think that realy dangerous... look at u.. 7 vaults...

anyway for me that my last spend on this game, why ? because u have always event and event = gold

so.... the game os for rich ? or for people who steal credit card and buy with her ?

have fun with gold buy for me that all i put real money on real game where see ppl and fight with us for example...

i have spend 2 vault for this event and ?