The Hate Mob are ruining the forum. - Page 8

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hate Mob are ruining the forum.

Post Count
    Join us to DEW NUTTIN or to hide out. 755561702 Free, safe, secure shelter & asylum for all who seek it, no questions asked. We DEW what we want, when we want, if we want! IS THIS A REAL FACTION OR JUST A JOKE?

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    JB, I only got 6 pages into it due to time constraints. You bring up a good point in the chat apps though. I'd bet that if you take a really good look, you'd see a definite correlation to the start of the forum decline not long after the chat apps became the standard for faction communication. I know once we started using one, we went from a bunch of members that would frequent here to just one or two that would then relay any info from here back to the group. But even in the chat apps, the game talk is declining because there honestly is very little to discuss anymore. I can't tell you the last time I saw anyone that wasn't a 2+ year player in any of them. But I count daily the number of people leaving various groups and retiring. The only two things that can bring change to the forum are to either fix the game or kill the game. Give people something good to talk about, and they will post more positively. Give them bad things to talk about and they will post more negatively.

Hell, I'd even be willing to put my money where my mouth is in this little debate (switching things away from you now JB to the top guns here). You come up with a list of whoever you want and they won't post a single negative comment for a whole cycle. In exchange, the top 3 teams go gold free, refill free for a cycle. No purchases, no using what's on hand. It's been made very clear in this thread there is no need to convince hundreds of players of this, merely 1 from each team.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Truth, this is the same game we've had all along. You're just tired of the same old thing is all. Your memories of the golden days must have been made fuzzy some what by the time, and the fact that when the game was newer, you were more willing to deal with the issues to play it. We all were.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Truth, this is the same game we've had all along. You're just tired of the same old thing is all. Your memories of the golden days must have been made fuzzy some what by the time, and the fact that when the game was newer, you were more willing to deal with the issues to play it. We all were.
    Just when I think I have seen it all from you. You take it to another level. Number 1!
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Post Count
    We all know that the "Hate Mob" will always find reasons to complain no matter what.

My theory is, they've grown tired of the game and now they find more enjoyment in trolling this forum.

The day this game becomes no longer fun, l'll just move on to something else. No need to be a glutton for punishment and ruin everyone else's good time.

Post Count

In a nutshell.........

Hero.jpg

Yes, its always been freemium, but never to this level as we see today
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    ham, you really don't seem to like it when someone outside the negativity group posts something. It's true, the game really is not much different or worse today than it was a year ago, two years ago, or even three. We have always had glitches and bugs. We don't have anywhere near the hacking that we used to, so in a way, it's improved. Do you remeber a day when customer service was great? I sure don't. Many of these issues we all put up with beacsue we derived more entertainment ( however you want to define that) now doing the same thing for over three years with he same poor customer service, it's outgrown its entertainment value for many. Even people who participate in a hobby the really enjoy give it up at some point. Sometimes they're just ready to move on to other endeavors, maybe they no longer want to spend the time, or put forth the effort, they acheived what they wanted possibly. Even when glitches and poor customer service isn't the issue. So how is that over the top, another level? Because it came from me? Appears so.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    ham, you really don't seem to like it when someone outside the negativity group posts something. It's true, the game really is not much different or worse today than it was a year ago, two years ago, or even three. We have always had glitches and bugs. We don't have anywhere near the hacking that we used to, so in a way, it's improved. Do you remeber a day when customer service was great? I sure don't. Many of these issues we all put up with beacsue we derived more entertainment ( however you want to define that) now doing the same thing for over three years with he same poor customer service, it's outgrown its entertainment value for many. Even people who participate in a hobby the really enjoy give it up at some point. Sometimes they're just ready to move on to other endeavors, maybe they no longer want to spend the time, or put forth the effort, they acheived what they wanted possibly. Even when glitches and poor customer service isn't the issue. So how is that over the top, another level? Because it came from me? Appears so.
    You're right speedie, there have always been issues, and we always put up with them. Why?, because the game was fun, challenging and REWARDING. Now, it's a grind spendfest to get anything at all of any significance to game play. Look back through your boost units, or if you want to be an uber geek, plot attack/defence stats vs bonus in any category you care to mention. Taking a/d stats as a proxy for time in the game (low a/d early in the game, high a/d later in the game) and you will see an exponential decay in the quality of bonuses awarded, yet cost to complete challenges to get said units for the average player has gone through the roof because the bonuses now are only available in the top tier of rewards compared to what tiers gave them out early in the peace. We are slowly but surely feeling the gree screw, frogs in the pot.

and as for always having cruddy customer service..... When was the last time Gree gave out a free loyalty bonus to all players to compensate for foul-ups, or even reward milestones in the game?? Most Newbie players here wouldn't even know there was a time when that happened fairly often. Now, we just take the screw ups as part of the game and even in some cases spend more to compensate for their effect so we don't miss out on those deflated rewards.

Crazy state of affairs.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    After the amount of screw ups in a single cycle had them giving out about half a vault, gold was never given again. But at least I was able to finally get my Composite.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Less people post, because there simply isn't any new info to get out of this forum - it has become irrelevant. I'm relatively new to this game compared to those who seem to be playing for years, but at least last few cycles it's been all same patterns you learn and what's point on coming here anymore other than if you "dew nuttin" in life but post here lol

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    We get a lot of info from our faction chat groups. But sometimes we just get the " no posts in the forum" when inquiring. The forum is widely read. But you need to have some thick skin to post on it. Because simple questions draw the "what - are you stupid" response. Ask about an event and 80 percent of the posts will be bashing the event, Gree, big spenders for ruining the event and predictions of when the lights will go out. By people who claim they don't do the events or ex-players.

That's the part that amazes me, why do you hamg out in the forum if you aren't playing the game anymore? And do your posts become more numerous and spiteful when your credit card bill arrives?

Post Count
    It's hilarious sitting back and reading all the posts defending how it's a persons right to spend thousands of dollars and hours on a pointless activity like online gaming while at the same time questioning why anyone would spend anytime whatsoever on a free activity like online forums. Too funny.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Well, a person can do whatever they choose with their life. I don't understand why someone would devote their entire life to an all-seeing, all-knowing deity that can't be proven or disproven. But it is their right to do so. Why would someone choose to buy a car that costs more than my house? But I see several of them every morning on the way to work.

To quote Abbie Hoffman, "Don't worry about what other people do. When you do, you wind up doing their thing, not yours. Do your own thing".

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios Von Elisar View Post
    Well, a person can do whatever they choose with their life. I don't understand why someone would devote their entire life to an all-seeing, all-knowing deity that can't be proven or disproven. But it is their right to do so. Why would someone choose to buy a car that costs more than my house? But I see several of them every morning on the way to work.

To quote Abbie Hoffman, "Don't worry about what other people do. When you do, you wind up doing their thing, not yours. Do your own thing".
    Then why worry about who posts and why? Do your own thing. Simple

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Posting is a choice, my choice, so my thing. And I happen to agree with the topic of this thread.

I would prefer to come here to talk about the game, not how much someone hates the game, or the principle behind the game, or the company behind the game or those who work for the company. But that is hard to do because of the hate mob.

Bugs have always been here. And in other games I've tried - it's not just Gree. So no comebacks about how you have to talk about the glitches. There is a positive side to everything and there are those who can't or won't see it.