GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Please stop inflation of event requirements

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurence1 View Post
    Not all of us have bottomless wallets and even if we did should we need to spend that much on a game?.
    Hi Laurence

I completely get the fact that not everyone has bottomless pockets (I most certainly don't have bottomless pockets). But I would advice you have a look at the gold bonus program.

You can buy, for example, what may be 6 months of gold for you - that gets doubled(ish) with free gold, and if you buy when there's a 40% sale, then you can make a real killing.

Then look for things like health pack sales.

I'm no Warren Buffet, but if you buy gold at 40% off, buy in bulk and get free gold, then buy your health packs on 30% sale, you can really stretch your dollar.

But nothing you say is wrong, it's really hard to break into and stay in the Top 10/25, especially if you were not super-active during the insane hyper-inflation months.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=smart tiger;1455268]Your points are not invalid, but that was very condescending..
    Tell you what, the elites can continue enjoying the "Masters".QUOTE]

smart tiger.

I apologise if I came across as condescending, I wrote it as honestly as I could and tried not to sound like the "spoilt rich brat" my posts have previously been described as being.

It's simply an observation that in this game, I guess as with a lot of things in life, people will always want more without putting extra in.

My point is relatively straightforward. If, for example, Gree made Masters level RB accessible to Top 250 factions without the use of gold, is that fair on those who do spend gold?

I'm sure there will be diametrically opposing views on that. My opinion, and please note it's only an opinion, is those who invest in this game by spending gold (no, I don't want a debate about whether spending real money in a game is an 'investment') should get more than those who don't.

It's not wrong for a person to spend their own money on whatever (legal) things they want to.

Without trivialising the issue, if one person spends $100K on a certain type of car, should someone who only spends $50K have the same car??

I'm not trying to sound pompous nor condescending, I just accept life isn't fair and never will be.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Ive not read much of the bullying and dissing going on above. Or many posts as im tired and in pain.

It does not matter which event players try to do as all are set above what the original games energy levels before + / boosts.

And everything in the entire game has always been set much higher on gold to make players be suckered in to buying it to believe they will be super strong faster.

its a carrot in front of a donkey that as long as u run fast the carrot of gold will always be in your face saying spend gold buy higher units....

cos tomorrow we will draw a different cartoon and your entire game is screwed without them all...
    pokegold got to but them all!!! pokegold!

energy for all players when starting the game is 3 per minute.

30 per ten mins...180 per hour.

thats 7,200 energy in 24 hours.

yet Prestige needs 40,000+ on this current event.

the event started on my device with 1 day 20 or 22 hours. lets call it 2 days to round it up easier... so 14,400 energy.

in the original game it had no bags... so thus leaving a lot of gold needed to beat Prestige.

high players seem to forget the real game and its design of being fraudulent from day 1.

gold is a short cut for those rich enough to be able to afford it. but its never ending. each week new cartoons.. new ltqs ...new bosses and more gold needed to gas up your imaginary tank and cartoon jet planes to battle in your games events.

its all fixed its all corrupt by design.

one look in the store clearly shows they wave the shiny gold carrot blatantly for those who want to win on the short cut route.

think of the original store.... (and the current) buy x unit for 1,000 cash get 1/0.

or buy z unit for 200 gold and get 500/500 atk & def WOW buy a cartoon today and my imaginary base of drawings will be super strong heck damn im buying two!!! beat that suckers!!...

oh but mr soup and mr farrr (names hv been changed to protect the innocent) are richer than you!!

oh dang and they bought 3/4/5/10/50 maybe even 100!! your base is now super weak compared to these 2 giants.

better call up the a team. well fool are u going on a plane now suckers? or did draculas carrot suck ur bank account and now u too hv to either lose to the rich or u hv to get stronger too!!

queue new carrot drawing. wow this one is 300 gold and 800/900 oh my gosh dang its better than all mr soups ****. how many should i buy hrmmm.

its never ending!. the game is never ending! u play until ur broke. u die or u just had enough. or until gree makes an update and ur offline 30mins to 5 weeks crying cos u didnt collect from ur supply depots 4,000 times.

the game is fixed ...all ltqs are fixed for gold they always hv been. masters is only there as ppl got so high from gold and boosts that gree needed to mk high teams think they still hv a challenge if they use enough gold.

queue 2 carrots and donkey on jogging machine with back screen projection to mk it thk its chasing down real fields.

the real challenge in every game ever created is using your brains and skills and intelligence to play it for free and beat it as far as u can do with no short cuts no cheats no passwords.

the whole point of games is for fun and to keep u active and fill time too. but gold is the secret password to allow u to try skip the bits other players fight for.

the real challenge has always been playing free.

gree took the fun out with hundreds of bugs but the addictiveness of the game that is designed to make us all check things try collect and feel like we was robbed and get pissed off and fight back is all there stronger than ever.

but still the real challenge is all the teams and players that play free and fight for a fair game.

you cant use gold to eat your lunch faster.u can pay ppl more to drive u to work faster or build ur house faster or pay someone to give u answers on a test u didnt study for... but when will u see real life doesnt have short cuts for gold. the day is 24 hours. (approx 22hours 44mins if using gree maths) and games are meant to be fun.

Super Bowl Xxxxlvcxxyz who will win the Dallas Cowboots or the Indiana Jones Boys well depends who paid off whoever with gold and if u spent enough money to sneak in a horse for ur team players to ride up the field.

no one can see the horses its fine i bought them from cartoon land using unfree spyware gold from tapnojoy.

no fun in cheating. play free play fun its the real challenge and it always has been.

e&oe imo etc whatever.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I often disagree with Rob on a lot of things, but on this one I just can't. Maybe there is too much of a gap between what it the top teams are capable of and those below them, and introducing a new tier, or revamping the existing set, is in order.

Post Count
    I find myself being more and more disinterested in reading posts in this forum.

Instead of it being a forum for people to share info, talk about the game, have the odd whinge, it's become a constant rant for people to moan and have a pop at the top teams ( of which I'm not in a top 50). FOr me there is a very simple choice, if you aren't happy with the game don't play it. Gree gets A LOT of stuff wrong but it also provides a game to those that like to tap tap tap their iphone. Yes when faced with real life it probably is a bit stupid to be doing it, but I like it. I do it. I have teh odd moan. BUT i move on.

can we not all get a bit more balanced and not spend too much effort in moaning and putting others down?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gould View Post
    I find myself being more and more disinterested in reading posts in this forum.

Instead of it being a forum for people to share info, talk about the game, have the odd whinge, it's become a constant rant for people to moan and have a pop at the top teams ( of which I'm not in a top 50). FOr me there is a very simple choice, if you aren't happy with the game don't play it. Gree gets A LOT of stuff wrong but it also provides a game to those that like to tap tap tap their iphone. Yes when faced with real life it probably is a bit stupid to be doing it, but I like it. I do it. I have teh odd moan. BUT i move on.

can we not all get a bit more balanced and not spend too much effort in moaning and putting others down?
    Dave, you're completely correct. I've been bashing my head against a wall for a long time now.

This is a game.
    It is not compulsory to play.
    When playing, it is not compulsory to spend real money.
    The game makes no secret of the fact that those who choose to spend get more 'stuff'.
    Playing for free is fine and perhaps admirable.
    But those who don't spend cannot have the same 'stuff' as those who do.
    I genuinely have never understood the argument.
    I would love a yacht, but I don't want to pay for one. Should I get one for free?

Play or don't play.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by robmurphy View Post
    Dave, you're completely correct. I've been bashing my head against a wall for a long time now.

This is a game.
    The game makes no secret of the fact that those who choose to spend get more 'stuff'.
    I would love a yacht, but I don't want to pay for one. Should I get one for free?

Play or don't play.
    Agreed. HOwever if there are any free yachts going can I be the first in line....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

This is a game.

Play or don't play.

And I never understood why people have a problem with other people having problems or opinions.. This is an open forum with certain rules. As long as the rules are being followed, nobody should have a problem..

As for not having what some top teams have, nobody in my team has ever complained about not getting masters prizes.. We were happy getting the prestige items with 90% participation from the team.. even the minis.. Now we don't get any despite participation from all..

So we are unhappy..

And we have as much right to express our unhappiness as you have to express unhappiness about our posting about our unhappiness... (that sounded funny.. lol)

But, like "cannot connect to server" mentioned,
    "The real challenge in every game ever created is using your brains and skills and intelligence to play it for free and beat it as far as u can do with no short cuts no cheats no passwords."

There is a group of people who believe strongly in this.. Despite GREE's efforts to curb the free players options, people will still find ways to get stronger without gold.. Wouldn't it be better if GREE invests its efforts instead on making the game more interesting/challenging?
    Last edited by smart tiger; 01-22-2015 at 05:43 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=robmurphy;1455282]
    Quote Originally Posted by smart tiger View Post
    Your points are not invalid, but that was very condescending..
    Tell you what, the elites can continue enjoying the "Masters".QUOTE]

smart tiger.

I apologise if I came across as condescending, I wrote it as honestly as I could and tried not to sound like the "spoilt rich brat" my posts have previously been described as being.

It's simply an observation that in this game, I guess as with a lot of things in life, people will always want more without putting extra in.

My point is relatively straightforward. If, for example, Gree made Masters level RB accessible to Top 250 factions without the use of gold, is that fair on those who do spend gold?

I'm sure there will be diametrically opposing views on that. My opinion, and please note it's only an opinion, is those who invest in this game by spending gold (no, I don't want a debate about whether spending real money in a game is an 'investment') should get more than those who don't.

It's not wrong for a person to spend their own money on whatever (legal) things they want to.

Without trivialising the issue, if one person spends $100K on a certain type of car, should someone who only spends $50K have the same car??

I'm not trying to sound pompous nor condescending, I just accept life isn't fair and never will be.
    And Rob, I did say your points are not invalid.. You deserve the edge for the amount of money you are spending.. and its your choice to spend, nobody can complain about it..

But assuming you bought Gold class tickets to the show which gets you the front row, and we bought bronze class which gets us the last row, is it not fair that we at least get to see the show, even though we are in the last row?

Or are you saying that nobody should get to watch the show except for gold class ones?
    You still have a better view, remember?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    And I never understood why people have a problem with other people having problems or opinions.. This is an open forum with certain rules. As long as the rules are being followed, nobody should have a problem..
    I have no problem with people having an opinion. But when you post an opinion on here (as I do), I think it's right an proper that people argue for or against you. I vehemently disagree with your point. That's all.

As for not having what some top teams have, nobody in my team has ever complained about not getting masters prizes.. We were happy getting the prestige items with 90% participation from the team.. even the minis.. Now we don't get any despite participation from all..
    This is not my experience. I think Prestige is easier to get than ever. I 'believe' the issue is the growth in average faction strength is proportionately higher the higher your faction is. I.e., the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker. Whether that's intentional by Gree or not I do not know, but it's true. I did suggest that the top factions who find all events easy should perhaps get another higher strata of events.

But, like "cannot connect to server" mentioned,
    "The real challenge in every game ever created is using your brains and skills and intelligence to play it for free and beat it as far as u can do with no short cuts no cheats no passwords."
    I agree people should not cheat, but that is a facet of human nature neither you nor me will eradicate. But I'm afraid Cannot Connects 'opinion' is, again in my opinion, wrong. If a person believes that winning is the only thing that matters, then for him it is the only thing that matters; they're not 'wrong'. Take Formula 1 (even with the stupid new rules), every team invests fortunes to gain a tiny advantage to win. There are no Formula 1 teams who try to win without investing; that's just not life. I admire those who try to get as far as possible golf free, but I do not accept criticism for those who 'choose' to spend money to win. Just my opinion.

There is a group of people who believe strongly in this.. Despite GREE's efforts to curb the free players options, people will still find ways to get stronger without gold.
    That's great and admirable. But there are also a lot of people who exercise their right to spend money in this game to get the best stuff.

I'm not arguing against you having the right to express your opinion, I'm exercising my right to disagree.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=smart tiger;1455311]

And Rob, I did say your points are not invalid.. You deserve the edge for the amount of money you are spending.. and its your choice to spend, nobody can complain about it..

But assuming you bought Gold class tickets to the show which gets you the front row, and we bought bronze class which gets us the last row, is it not fair that we at least get to see the show, even though we are in the last row?

Or are you saying that nobody should get to watch the show except for gold class ones?
    You still have a better view, remember?
    Hi tiger

I understand what you're getting at with your analogy, but it's slightly off track. I do think people in the cheap seats should see the show, it's just that they won't get as good a view.

Surely a more fitting analogy is the simple one I have used many times, buying a car.

Every car is 'available' to every person
    But not every person can afford every car.
    Ditto some people may be able to afford the car but choose not to buy.

With this analogy, as in real life, pretty much everyone can afford to buy a car of some description. But only those who have the means AND the desire get to have the very best ones.

And no, I don't drive a ludicrously expensive car.......

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    How to do raid boss for free and get alot of folders. First drop rate for folders is high on first map INSURGENT CAMP. INSUREGENT GUNMAN USES 10 ENERGY AND 1XP. You get about 200 plus folders for 4k energy. Why i wouldnt do fltqs all the way during raid boss event versus getting enough folders to finish raid boss masters. Simple the prize. Last raid boss masters prize was almost a 2million unit and bonus was plus 5 alliance attack. Thats how you can obtain enough folders to finish raid boss masters without using gold.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Inflation, what inflation.

Right.... because I have nothing better to do today...

This is based on Larry and Danimal's data back to the introduction of the Master's tier, which was about the same time as the glitch got stopped. You'll see that with a couple of outliers, energy requirements are actually pretty stable on a per day basis, 500-550k for faction masters, 240-280k for prestige masters, 55-60k for masters indy and 16-18k for prestige indy.

I suspect if I did the analysis on a per hour basis the spread would be even tighter, as i know that some of the end of cycle 1 day events, were 21 hours as opposed to the full day. There are a couple of others where the event length might be slightly out, but I think it's 95% accurate.

So, to reiterate... energy reqs are broadly stable... what has changed is the value of the prizes and the introduction of equipment, which changes peoples willingness to do the indy events vs exclusively focusing on the faction part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=robmurphy;1455316]

Hi tiger

I understand what you're getting at with your analogy, but it's slightly off track. I do think people in the cheap seats should see the show, it's just that they won't get as good a view.

Surely a more fitting analogy is the simple one I have used many times, buying a car.

Every car is 'available' to every person
    But not every person can afford every car.
    Ditto some people may be able to afford the car but choose not to buy.

With this analogy, as in real life, pretty much everyone can afford to buy a car of some description. But only those who have the means AND the desire get to have the very best ones.

And no, I don't drive a ludicrously expensive car.......
    Once again Rob, I am not trying to offend you or criticize anybody using gold.. it is just a difference of opinion..

The best analogy that I can think of right now is that of Club football..

You can always get an edge by buying more expensive and better players.. But those who do not have money to buy the best would still like to have a shot at the premier league or champions league..
    You are right that the low budget clubs cannot complain that Messi or Ronaldo are too expensive.. It would be unreasonable..

But with whatever low level footballers they have, they would still have a chance to give it their best shot, to perform like a great team, work out strategies to go as high as possible in the league.. They might still not win, but the rules of the game are not moulded to suit the richer clubs and that makes it fair..

But in the case of MW, we fail to see the light at the moment..

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Right.... because I have nothing better to do today...

This is based on Larry and Danimal's data back to the introduction of the Master's tier, which was about the same time as the glitch got stopped. You'll see that with a couple of outliers, energy requirements are actually pretty stable on a per day basis, 500-550k for faction masters, 240-280k for prestige masters, 55-60k for masters indy and 16-18k for prestige indy.

I suspect if I did the analysis on a per hour basis the spread would be even tighter, as i know that some of the end of cycle 1 day events, were 21 hours as opposed to the full day. There are a couple of others where the event length might be slightly out, but I think it's 95% accurate.

So, to reiterate... energy reqs are broadly stable... what has changed is the value of the prizes and the introduction of equipment, which changes peoples willingness to do the indy events vs exclusively focusing on the faction part.
    And there we have it folks time to wipe away the tears and put your man panties on

But on a serious note either spend money and get good rewards or don't spend and accept that you won't get everything, no one is stopping you playing the game so play it how you want
    Last edited by dan2407; 01-22-2015 at 06:42 AM.