DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Math

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Question Battle Math

Has the math used during battles been determined (by the community) yet?

Ive heard two methods of figuring this out..

your atk + def vs opponet atk + def = 50% of the battle
    assigned 20%, unassigned 30%.

..and

your atk vs thier def + a 20% cushion = 50% of the battle

Why the **** can I win all 3 categories and produce a loss?

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    There are 6 categories. We can only see 3.

You also have to account for their attack vs. your defence. You cannot see their attack or your defence, so you only get half the information required.

In other words, whoever designed the new battle results screen literally did half a job.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rabid1 View Post
    Has the math used during battles been determined (by the community) yet?

Ive heard two methods of figuring this out..

your atk + def vs opponet atk + def = 50% of the battle

..and

your atk vs thier def + a 20% cushion = 50% of the battle

Why the **** can I win all 3 categories and produce a loss?
    It's Gree maths, every which way you lose! You win all 3 and lose because of magic potion deployed to your opponent who has a no lose spell cast upon them which in turn makes you spend more on gold to regain the lost 'safe' points

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    My level 31, 3m attack beat a level 194 28m def cause they had no accomplices...

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    couldn't part of that info be found if robbing?

I take it the 6 catagories are:

my atk
    his atk
    my def
    his def
    kingpins
    assigned to mafia

what about the atk and def skill points?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    To be honest, does anyone care anymore? It's killing the game and it's now more of a joke that people don't spend on......

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I agree, this is a joke. I don't mind the change so much, its the lack of info. You don't make a flight simulator that randomly changes the controls every 5 minutes. Wait ... did they change this to a flight simulator?

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    couldn't part of that info be found if robbing?

I take it the 6 catagories are:

my atk
    his atk
    my def
    his def
    kingpins
    assigned to mafia

what about the atk and def skill points?
    The rob results screen is the same as the battle results screen. Only half the needed information is displayed.

6 categories are the three you see (your mafia, accomplice, and kingpin attacks vs. rival's mafia, accomplice, and kingpin defence), and the exact opposite of the three you can see (rival's mafia, accomplice, and kingpin attack vs. your mafia, accomplice, and kingpin defence).

Basically, every time you're attacking someone, they are attacking you back. Whoever won did so because their attack is better than the other's defence. Didn't know hitting attack meant you were simultaneously hitting "come at me, bro" to have your opponent attack you back, did you?

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    well I understand the process better now, thanks. during battle I should actually atk people with approx my def numbers (and hope I've got more kingpins than them, and then hope some more I have them arranged properly).

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Talk About GREE BS...

Here's A Cbt to get your heads round; would love to head Developers Point of View on this one...

Lvl 126 cassidy 88.66m/562/291
    & I LOST WITH 171.88m/666/155

lost in one field (which was for least points) hammered opponent in all other fields 80/20...

GREE sux
    LoM & SC

See that Sub Forum for Trades/Help?
    Proud to have been a Prime Mover in it's Creation!

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy69 View Post
    Talk About GREE BS...

Here's A Cbt to get your heads round; would love to head Developers Point of View on this one...

Lvl 126 cassidy 88.66m/562/291
    & I LOST WITH 171.88m/666/155

lost in one field (which was for least points) hammered opponent in all other fields 80/20...

GREE sux
    You cannot see their mafia attack vs. your mafia defense, but it was probably close enough that they beat you just barely.

Same thing goes for accomplices assigned to mafia. You can't see their attack vs. your defense, but those numbers are so close that they probably won there too.

As for kingpin, they obviously have you beat there.

So it's close enough that they probably took 50% from accomplices, at least 1% from their mafia attack vs. your mafia defense, thereby winning every time.

No, none of that is very cool, but it is what it is.

Post Count
    Don't attack anyone with a defense higher than yours and make sure you're winning in at least one of the accomplice categories.

Also, you can adjust your kp whenever you want so if you want to mix up Intel so it's wrong or you want to win a fight, adjust accordingly.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yep, it's a carp shoot. Had a mini level 38 beat a level 250. Had 3m attack v 48m def, but had some accomplices which other player had none. Stupid game now

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    The rob results screen is the same as the battle results screen. Only half the needed information is displayed.

6 categories are the three you see (your mafia, accomplice, and kingpin attacks vs. rival's mafia, accomplice, and kingpin defence), and the exact opposite of the three you can see (rival's mafia, accomplice, and kingpin attack vs. your mafia, accomplice, and kingpin defence).

Basically, every time you're attacking someone, they are attacking you back. Whoever won did so because their attack is better than the other's defence. Didn't know hitting attack meant you were simultaneously hitting "come at me, bro" to have your opponent attack you back, did you?
    Surprised? Would you just stand there and take it if some guy attacked you in real life?

People need to study what was said in the AMA before pronouncing on this. Your opponents attack vs your defence only becomes a factor if your attack is less than overwhelming against their defence. A 2.5:1 advantage in mafia should be enough to win even if you lose in both accomplice parts. If your mafia attack is just under 2:1 make sure you win by at least 2:1 in one or both accomplice categories

well I understand the process better now, thanks. during battle I should actually atk people with approx my def numbers (and hope I've got more kingpins than them, and then hope some more I have them arranged properly).
    Absolutely not. Do as suggested above and you should start winning. The only attacks I've lost this war were blind scouting.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Surprised? Would you just stand there and take it if some guy attacked you in real life?
    This isn't real life, but if it were, none of the rivals you attack get warned you are attacking them which makes each attack you initiate the equivalent of a surprise attack. Unless you were unlucky enough to launch a surprise attack against someone highly trained in hand to hand combat, your victim wouldn't be fighting back with all their might, even if they managed to get in one single punch.

People need to study what was said in the AMA before pronouncing on this. Your opponents attack vs your defence only becomes a factor if your attack is less than overwhelming against their defence. A 2.5:1 advantage in mafia should be enough to win even if you lose in both accomplice parts. If your mafia attack is just under 2:1 make sure you win by at least 2:1 in one or both accomplice categories
    Your theory allows for the possibility of a draw, which cannot happen. If you destroy your opponent in mafia attack vs mafia defense, yet they destroy you in both the kingpin and accomplice categories, a tie breaker must come from somewhere. As per the AMA:

In other words, if I attack you and my attack blows away your defense, then your attack and my defense will be largely irrelevant.
    "Largely irrelevant" is not "completely irrelevant/no longer a factor."