LIARs LIARs LIARs: King of Lying and all other things about new Epic Boss - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: LIARs LIARs LIARs: King of Lying and all other things about new Epic Boss

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryosaeba View Post
    Wait a minute. So Gree did decrease the boss HP and XP but you all are still complaining?
    Yes. Making it go from 2 hits for 16 hits for many (an 8x increase), then dropping it from 16 to 15 (a .063x decrease) still leaves something to be desired. No color commentary is necessary. I think the numbers speak for themselves

Are you all expecting Gree to make this game free for everyone? What is the point of quests if everyone can easily finish?
    No one said either thing. The efforts to reduce the conversation to this level of simplicity is absurd.

Personally, I welcome this change.
    So you are the one. Good for you! Then it must be excellent for all.

In any case, this game is still a "The more you spend, the more you win" game
    And this is why people are mad. They spent and now are losing. You summed up the entire argument right there.
    Last edited by SenorSwamp; 01-05-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I hve to add this..altho I know not everyone has had this experience with the epic boss event.
    On the old system when it was by army stats and the boss health was gaged by player level. At lvl 158 I could kill about 20-25 bosses total. On the new system I got 80 down.(always believed one must have the best gear one could get, so it paid off when the change came. it is a pvp game..would one go into combat without their kit or gun?)
    But I do not belive it is working as intended and needs some bugs worked out.
    Last edited by Valid or; 01-05-2015 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Daily player

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Hello Kingdom Age Players

I apologize for my late response to this thread. I would like to address all your comments about the Epic Boss.

First off, I would like to apologize if you feel like my comments were incorrect from what you expected. I stated that we would make the boss easier not that we would return the boss to the way it was. We are trying to find a balance between the old epic boss and the new revamp. We can not go back to the way it was. Epic Boss was a very unbalanced event and if we left the event alone and did nothing we would have to remove it from the calendar.

We are trying to find a happy medium where you as players can enjoy the event while still being challenged AND keep the event competitive for all players. I understand you are frustrated that you can not breeze through the Epic Boss anymore but the alternative is to remove this event entirely which I believe is not what our players want.

I know changes can be difficult but we are trying to find a balance between our players needs and running a business. We do value your feedback and participation in our events and we are trying to make sure our players needs are met as well as trying to keep all our events current and challenging. This is in no way meant to slight any of the hard work all our players have put into this game. This change was made so we can keep this event on the calendar and continue to provide our users with daily content they can enjoy.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I am glad to finally see a response, but I'm not sure I understand why you would of had to remove the EB if it was kept the old style. That does not make much sense to me. But if you insist on this new stlye and looking for a more balanced approach, then you going to have to give out more weapons, Armors, and ect, with actual better stats then what we already have and can craft. Especially for gem events like RB and conquest indi rewards. Also maybe making top 3 guild rewards for conquest good weapons or items with bonuses to make so heavy gemmers get more of a advantage again.
    Last edited by Cloud22; 01-06-2015 at 04:27 AM.

Post Count
    At first I was so unhappy of the change which I'm doing 3 free hits on lvl 100 EB boss and now doing solid 17 gold hits. I think the change is good and gree had lower slightly xp and health. Many of us still doable to finish lvl 100 with lots of patience.
    It was a boring EB event last time and now it's more challenging.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud22 View Post
    I am glad to finally see a response, but I'm not sure I understand why you would of had to remove the EB if it kept the old style. That does not make much sense to me. But if you insist on this new stlye and looking for a more balanced approach, then you going to have to give out more weapons, Armors, and ect, with actual better stats then what we already have and can craft. Especially for gem events like RB and conquest indi rewards. Also maybe making top 3 rewards for conquest good weapons or items with bonuses to make so heavy gemmers get more of a advantage again.
    I fully agree for end rewards on large events if gear is the reward, then it needs to be better than we will be able to craft with a lvl 10 workshop.
    We do need a lot of gear, would help lots if they would drop from critters on the maps..or maps dedicated to the new gear.
    Daily player

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    First off, I would like to apologize if you feel like my comments were incorrect from what you expected.
    Translation: We goalpost-shifted again, suck it up.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

I apologize for my late response to this thread. I would like to address all your comments about the Epic Boss.

First off, I would like to apologize if you feel like my comments were incorrect from what you expected. I stated that we would make the boss easier not that we would return the boss to the way it was. We are trying to find a balance between the old epic boss and the new revamp. We can not go back to the way it was. Epic Boss was a very unbalanced event and if we left the event alone and did nothing we would have to remove it from the calendar.

what we see: After making players spend TONS of real cash to build stats and be able to kill EB, we realize, that we were no longer able to make players spend more hard earned cash

We are trying to find a happy medium where you as players can enjoy the event while still being challenged AND keep the event competitive for all players. I understand you are frustrated that you can not breeze through the Epic Boss anymore but the alternative is to remove this event entirely which I believe is not what our players want.

Yes we understand the EB needs to be a bit more challenging but not nearly impossible to achieve, perhaps drop the gold hit to a max of 50k at level 100, and take HP down to a max of 7,000 at level 100

I know changes can be difficult but we are trying to find a balance between our players needs and running a business. We do value your feedback and participation in our events and we are trying to make sure our players needs are met as well as trying to keep all our events current and challenging. This is in no way meant to slight any of the hard work all our players have put into this game. This change was made so we can keep this event on the calendar and continue to provide our users with daily content they can enjoy.
    again, we were. not making any money with EB, so we thought that only using equipment for damage will make players once again spend TONS of cash to complete, and who know when once again they reach the point to kill it for free, we will then perhaps only use hero strength for EB damage, so people will spend on buying the skill reset coupons every cycle for EB
    Last edited by truthteller; 01-06-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'm sorry to intrude KA players, but I feel I must comment as you are not alone in this.

So because Gree ramped up the stat inflation, it was no longer able to make any money on EB, and now had to find some way to do that or have to kill it in favor of some event that did make money. Ok, fine. But how well did it really work out for you by taking it from almost cometely free for all to nearly impossible for all without large expenditures of gems? Whatever the timeframe was on the stat inflation, it should have been at least half of that ramping these changes back up, because instead of losing some money for a little while longer, you've instead lost a lot of it permanently as so many across a number of your games have said screw it all and just quit.

Once again Gree, job well done.

Post Count
    Not really sure about how I should rate the new EB event. I was able to finish gem free and I can still do it even if it takes some more hits now. Yes I need refills for the timed bosses but I get more refills as rewards than I need.
    I completey understand that those players that have been able to rush through this event and farm lvl 100 bosses at the end for rewards are dissapointed now.
    I would call me a mid-range gemmer. What do I buy for my money? Fun... like a firework for new-year... I buy gems and burn them because it's fun - I don't buy a permanent god-mode for the game - but of course I want to get something in exchange for my gems. What I like about the new EB is that more of my guild mates are able to finish 100 bosses - this is definitely motivating them. Before the changes where made most players couldn't even think about finishing EB (completely different to MW) - with the changes much more are able to do so... this is bad for the top player but good for many others (most of them also gem-player).
    Last edited by Lord Vyper; 01-07-2015 at 12:51 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorSwamp View Post
    Yes. Making it go from 2 hits for 16 hits for many (an 8x increase), then dropping it from 16 to 15 (a .063x decrease) still leaves something to be desired. No color commentary is necessary. I think the numbers speak for themselves
    Look mate, they are adjusting it. What's the point if everyone can kill the boss with 2-3-4 hits? Why not just give away the prizes for free? So now it takes 15 hits (for you). What's the matter with that? It's still totally doable without gems. Do you feel you shouldn't put any effort into any quests? Again, what's the point if that is the case? Heck, the boss even give potions as rewards! I have been using some of them to kill the bosses. Took a lot of time but zero gems to 100. So indeed, the numbers do speak for themselves. It's not easy as giving it away, it takes effort and time (as it should), and it's doable without gems. Can't complain.

So you are the one. Good for you! Then it must be excellent for all.
    No. I'm not the only one. Most in my guild (top 25) was able to finish without gems. Again, it took some effort, and gold, but still able to finish gem free. That's a win in my book.

And this is why people are mad. They spent and now are losing. You summed up the entire argument right there.
    I don't see how they can be mad. So instead of breezing through a 5 day event in 1 day, they have to put some time and effort in. Waffleking summed it up nicely. They are trying to balance the game for everyone. In the past, while you may be able to fly though EB, a lot can never make 100. Not even with some gem usage. Then you get those people complaining. I don't think this game can ever please everyone. There will always be something that will piss someone off. The best they can do is please more people then they piss off.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post
    Not really sure about how I should rate the new EB event. I was able to finish gem free and I can still do it even if it takes some more hits now. Yes I need refills for the timed bosses but I get more refills as rewards than I need.
    Bingo. The boss gives potions that you can use to kill more bosses.

I completey understand that those players that have been able to rush through this event and farm lvl 100 bosses at the end for rewards are dissapointed now.
    There was a time when EB was a breeze for minis and impossible for top players. Most L180+ couldn't even get pass L20 boss.

What I like about the new EB is that more of my guild mates are able to finish 100 bosses - this is definitely motivating them.
    Exactly what I got from my guild mates too. It took effort, a lot of effort. But it was rewarding. If it were easy, I don't think we would care that much. This is a game after all. What's a game if it doesn't present a challenge?

Before the changes where made most players couldn't even think about finishing RB (completely different to MW) - with the changes much more are able to do so... this is bad for the top player but good for many others (most of them also gem-player).
    Not really bad for top players. The prizes given out didn't have +atk/+def bonuses. Just a based unit with a very minor 2% CP points and -5% cool down for box events. The base unit is nothing to write home about. So the weaker players won't catch up to them because of this event. But everyone who put in some effort can benefit a little for other events.

Consistent Contributor Uberfauker's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I don't see how they can be mad. So instead of breezing through a 5 day event in 1 day, they have to put some time and effort in. Waffleking summed it up nicely. They are trying to balance the game for everyone. In the past, while you may be able to fly though EB, a lot can never make 100. Not even with some gem usage. Then you get those people complaining. I don't think this game can ever please everyone. There will always be something that will piss someone off. The best they can do is please more people then they piss off.
    Most of the players that spend money on this game are business owners or successful professionals in their profession...busy people with no time spend on some stupid boss event that takes 5 days to complete. Most of us used gems because we wanted to complete events early so we can go back to doing what we what we do best...making money. We built our accounts up to be strong enough to kill a lvl 100 boss with one free hit and now we have been reset. Most of us who don't have the time to spend killing bosses for 5 days are not completing this event because we refuse to spend money on an event we should be completing for free (because we already spent money to build our accounts up, thought I might say this again you may have missed the point).

It is sad that you don't realize that when players like us leave this game you will too.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Thank you for your courageous reply!

I will offer this, can you please just be straight up with us? Your reply this time around is as close as I have seen GREE come to presenting us the truth. The reality is GREE is a public company and it is underperforming (see the 3 year stock drop and P/E ratio - not a pretty picture compared to your rivals)!

https://www.google.com/#q=TYO:3632

We understand you are in business to make a profit and this is important aspect we all respect. While you appreciate that we enjoy the game, your focus and loyalty is not to us, but to the share holders of your company. Therefore, your suggestion that EB would have been removed if you did not change it, is getting closer to the heart of the matter... Can you just speak plainly and state Epic Boss was not generating enough revenue to remain on the calendar? Your soul purpose for offering any event to the KA community is to drive new revenues for GREE International, INC. If a game (like LAW) or sub-product fails to meet the revenue guild lines, GREE will need to change it or remove it (this is why I soon expect you will "rebalance" Raid Boss). Also, when you (GREE) talk about rebalancing, it is not to balance the event for the population (so free players feel they have a chance to compete with people spending real money). What you mean to say is you are re-balancing a sub-product within KA to meet your primary goal of generating gem spending (i.e. generating revenues for the company)! So to take my own advice (speak plainly) you reset a popular event in KA to increase the money we need to spend to complete it. Now if you said that plain and simple, we could at least respect it!
    Last edited by Mattman@WLD; 01-06-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    Co-founder of Warlord (WLD)
    WLD War placement: TOP 3
    Guild code: 885578648
    KA Ally Code: 776-075-625

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Waffle - a very minor decrease in difficulty is nothing like a balance - stop using meaningless words. You claimed recognized a problem and made a fix so miniscule it was worthless, especially when combined with an expensive LTB which made us avoid gold hits (do you recognize the connection?)

Uber is right - many of us spent tine and gems so we don't have to do it now. you are telling peole that gemming is woorthless because you will just make it hard again.