New players can't afford limited time buildings - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New players can't afford limited time buildings

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Tadaaah, how about a REAL challenging LTB? The best ones you put out today cost the same as the first one (the Anniversary Center). Back then, an AMAZING IPH was $1m and most people were under $100k. My camping strategy gave me an awesome $300k at the time, and I was BARELY able to afford most (with much effort). Now that $1m IPH is a joke at almost all levels (and many over $100m), how about occasionally putting out something REALLY expensive? Adjusted for inflation, it should cost over $10b. Most will be appalled, but I could save that in 4 days ($135m IPH) and a few at the top could do it in 2.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    What many fail to realize is the first LTB were nearly impossible to aquire for 99% of the players. Most had to buy Cash and go on crazy raiding spree just to purchase a lvl 1 and that was back when they didn't even give you units or bonuses for buying them. In addition you had to donate a good majority of your income to your faction in order to purchase bonuses so you could advance in the game. It was thrilling to go for but most of the players didn't have the IPH to support getting those buildings.
    McGurt Assisted Living
    I just sh!t my pants. PM for details.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Durt McGurt View Post
    OMG that just made my day!!!!!!!

We are old Fuddy Duddy's McGurt!
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by VileDoom View Post
    Agreed. Tbh, GREE has gone above and beyond to offer plenty of achievable IPH boosts for the masses in the past 6 months. I've been playing for about 2 years now and I assure you they were not this readily available during my first year of gameplay.
    agree buddy best thing going when i started playing was oil rig for 24hr payout,oil refinary for 48hr and nano for 12hr build..all the new players these days have alot easier chance to get iph up then we did
    Retired to free playing

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Hey guys!

Looks like y'all have covered this topic extensively! Thank you all for your support on the LTB's and providing newer players with strategies and insight.

Indeed, the LTB's are on a rotation. We switch it up so that players of all levels have opportunities to participate in these events. The suggestions and feedback are always welcome.
    Really?

Tadaaah, can you describe me how players below 100th level can upgrade this building to level 10?
    No IPH, no rival bases for raiding...

You don't give chance at all to new players (beginners) to reach power near of old players.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikethegreat88 View Post
    Tadaaah, how about a REAL challenging LTB? The best ones you put out today cost the same as the first one (the Anniversary Center). Back then, an AMAZING IPH was $1m and most people were under $100k. My camping strategy gave me an awesome $300k at the time, and I was BARELY able to afford most (with much effort). Now that $1m IPH is a joke at almost all levels (and many over $100m), how about occasionally putting out something REALLY expensive? Adjusted for inflation, it should cost over $10b. Most will be appalled, but I could save that in 4 days ($135m IPH) and a few at the top could do it in 2.
    Great post Mike, I remember when the AC, AV, and AMRs came out they were amazing buildings with a huge price tag. I think the Jinai Facility was the first "cheap" LTB. I think AV might have been 120 million to purchase? I don't remember what my IPH was back then but I had been working hard on my IPH from the start and saved for the better part of a week for each of those buildings but I got them all built. And that was back in the days of 10 million max vaults too! I think a real challenging LTB would be great, but maybe the starting price should be more like a billion or two. With the cost for going all the way to level 10 being like 250+ times the purchase price very few people could get to level 10 even with just a 1 billion starting price.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by elangomatt View Post
    Great post Mike, I remember when the AC, AV, and AMRs came out they were amazing buildings with a huge price tag. I think the Jinai Facility was the first "cheap" LTB. I think AV might have been 120 million to purchase? I don't remember what my IPH was back then but I had been working hard on my IPH from the start and saved for the better part of a week for each of those buildings but I got them all built. And that was back in the days of 10 million max vaults too! I think a real challenging LTB would be great, but maybe the starting price should be more like a billion or two. With the cost for going all the way to level 10 being like 250+ times the purchase price very few people could get to level 10 even with just a 1 billion starting price.
    I don't think a high price is much of a challenge as you could spend gold to upgrade it anyway. If you want to make it a challenge, sure, make it expensive, but update the attack payout to greater than $300k/hit and/or update the max that you can attack someone for (really, 3.6m?, at this stage of the game?).

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Durt McGurt View Post
    lol so true
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    OMG that just made my day!!!!!!!

We are old Fuddy Duddy's McGurt!
    heck yea back in those days i was happy as heck to be able to raid a lvl 10 munition stockpile..and if u did see a lvl 10 oil rig(wasnt many at all) it was like the lottery to raid that
    Retired to free playing

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    Really?

Tadaaah, can you describe me how players below 100th level can upgrade this building to level 10?
    No IPH, no rival bases for raiding...

You don't give chance at all to new players (beginners) to reach power near of old players.
    Keep paying your dues and eventually the fruits of the endgame will become available to you. I'd love to reach level 10 within the ltm to receive the +1 upgrade unit but it simply won't happen. However, I'll be a little bit closer next time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Consistent Contributor Saint Anger's Avatar
    Post Count
    Really?
    This makes no sense to me at all. The question for me is: "WHO" are you trying to compete against?

New(er) players should by no means be able to expect to complete against the "power near of old players." I have been playing for 2+ years and my account does not get close to the power of the many older players. But you know what - I don't expect to compete against them; they played longer, maybe they had access to more rewards, maybe they spent more, maybe they had a different strategy in terms of what they upgraded.

Instead, I expect to compete against players in my same relative tier. That is my competition, not the Speed Ump's and Thief's and Durt's (pick your poison here). They can't see my anyway, since I am not at their respective (assumed) levels.

Can those players in my tier get the +1 LTB? Maybe, but maybe not. If I am level 100, I would assume most cannot.

Therefore, if Player X below 100th level cannot get the LTB to level 10, maybe his focus should be to get it as high as possible especially compared to where the other players below level 100 (NOT level 300 players), and recognize the long-term advantage gained over many of those others in the level 100 orbit. These seemingly small advantages add up over time.

To think that a new player would expect to, in presumably a very short time, "reach the power near of old players" is silly. It is not an immediate gratification game, short of spending real $$$.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by VileDoom View Post
    Keep paying your dues and eventually the fruits of the endgame will become available to you. I'd love to reach level 10 within the ltm to receive the +1 upgrade unit but it simply won't happen. However, I'll be a little bit closer next time around.
    My question is not related to me. I simply hate unfounded statements like "players of all levels have opportunities to participate in these events".
    VileDoom, do you see a base for Tadaaah's statement?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Saint Anger,
    So you agree with Tadaaah that this LTQ building for players of all events.
    Or do you simply move the discussion to other direction?

Consistent Contributor Saint Anger's Avatar
    Post Count
    Tadaah said, and I quote, "Indeed, the LTB's are on a rotation. We switch it up so that players of all levels have opportunities to participate in these events. The suggestions and feedback are always welcome."

He did not say "players of all levels have opportunities to FINISH in these events." He said "participate." Build the LTB, upgrade it as much as you can, and viola! You "PARTICIPATED" in the LTB event.

Post Count
    My question is not related to me. I simply hate unfounded statements like "players of all levels have opportunities to participate in these events".
    VileDoom, do you see a base for Tadaaah's statement?
    If you're looking for an absolute yes or no answer then no, not all players will be able to purchase the current LTB. I'm also going to speculate that a level 1 player would have trouble purchasing even the cheapest LTB. I myself missed out on the first 3 LTB's offered but accepted the fact that my account simply was not up to speed at that point in the game.

I assure you I am very critical of a great many things GREE does but this is not one of them. I appreciate the fact that some of these LTB's are focused towards players who have put in more time, effort and in some cases money to achieve a "veteran" reward.
    Last edited by VileDoom; 09-11-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Here's an idea instead of complaining about not getting the building.
    upgrade other buildin to boost ur income cuz that wat im doing ps I can only afford up to lvl 2 on this building bit at least I can get it