How About A Very Radical Solution For The Stats Outbreak? - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Would You Like Gree To Reset Some Parts of the Game?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. gree should change a thing

52 69.33%
  • Yes. but only Items reset

12 16.00%
  • Yes. Items and Hoods reset

2 2.67%
  • Yes. a complete game reset of items, hoods, mods and level

9 12.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How About A Very Radical Solution For The Stats Outbreak?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy_P_Martini View Post
    i think stat inflation is inevitable under any model. my thoughts on curbing it:
    i played a lot (A LOT!) of games where u build up ur character. u improve it and equip it with items.
    gree (funzio) r definitely not the first to come up with a game like this.
    yet, i have never encountered such a ridiculous stats inflation!
    it's unreal and out of proportions!

this kind of stat inflation is avoidable.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by noamlin View Post
    i played a lot (A LOT!) of games where u build up ur character. u improve it and equip it with items.
    gree (funzio) r definitely not the first to come up with a game like this.
    yet, i have never encountered such a ridiculous stats inflation!
    it's unreal and out of proportions!

ive read elsewhere of a game where stat inflation was a problem, the developers took specific units that players built up, that had become overpowered. They chopped their stats in half without warning. this is certainly a problem these kinds of games face.

avoidable? maybe to a privately owned company. a little harder when you got stockholders to answer to.

Consistent Contributor SollyLlama's Avatar
    Post Count
    Of course it is, but the people who publish this game chose a different route.

The stat-inflation is universal.

The only people who don't enjoy it are the people who have become complacent.

Syndicates that have a high level of casual players will suffer, and this will shake up the rankings by allowing active syns that have participated in the recent events to overtake syns that didn't have players as active, relying on the stats they had already acquired.

If you aren't enjoying the game, you should just leave. Some players on this forum call this "beating the game."

Why ARE you still here?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    You seem to be confusing active and gold spending. Players can be extremely active, but if they don't or can't afford to spend piles of money on an ongoing basis they will lose out.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor SollyLlama's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    You seem to be confusing active and gold spending. Players can be extremely active, but if they don't or can't afford to spend piles of money on an ongoing basis they will lose out.
    Many 1000s of players will assure you that playing for free *and enjoying the time spent* isn't losing out.

This thread is about someone who doesn't play for free, and feels like they are losing out anyway.

Anyone who isn't #1 could be considered "losing," and so in that analysis just about everyone is losing.

IMHO, the only people who are losing are the people spending their TIME, and not enjoying it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip99 View Post
    Stats of new players ARE ridiculous, but stats of older players are going up at the same ridiculous rate.....you should still be ahead
    Not with the Boss events being so powerful. Older accounts are in higher tiers and have much more difficulty completing boss events than noobs. Unless of course you are referring to people completing every event.

Banned
    Post Count
    first of all cubic i want to thank u for this comprehensive reply!

excuse me but it has been said that resetting the game will take away the progress of ppl who PAID for.
    if u didn't pay then u don't get to vote.
    ppl r saying that gree can't take away their progress - as a free player u may (and will) uninstall, but as a gold player it's another issue.
    i don't remember Gree eployees going to work every day because of free players.
    I could drop this question, however, my point is that someone who puts in time in something is as valuable as others. Reason for it is that s/he will build up a target for the spenders to defeat, hence they spend even more. And in every free online game where you could pay real money to get an advantage the very majority are non-spenders, so excluding them would leave the game with too low amount of players that it would case a collapse shortly. Reasons is that the light-spenders which couldnīt spend more wouldnīt have targets anymore, the medium-spenders would then loose the light-spenders and left would be only the high-spenders whom soon would have been as in this game maybe 3 syndicates left.
    Besides, Gree doesnīt only get their income via the gold-spenders, they have other incomes aswell, as every other company who offers something for free. It could be advertiser paying the check or other stuff they fixed some income from. Well, all in all, thats my view on it, but I do understand urs aswell.

ummmmm... every game?!
    what kind of games do u play that require only tapping? (no thinking, no moving, no skills).
    (angry birds, fruit ninja, candy crash - all require much more than just tapping lol).
    You still have to tap in the games though

that is half correct -the game does focus more on syndicates but u don't have to get the best syndicate in order to progress.
    a syndicate of 30 ppl at level 50 each can benefit from sltqs 3 times more than a syndicate of 20 ppl at level 200!
    But they canīt stay lvl 50 forever if they participate in every events. Besides, this way for me is a bit more fun, now we have to co-ordinate the syndicate not to waste energy etc, and every member will get to share the rewards. Many syndicates are having lots of different players (lvl, iph etc) this means that members contribute in different syndicate events and in the end mostly have contributed equally and to be granted same rewards is pretty nice for it. Before you had to choose what events you wanted to do when everything was individual.

u say u could list but u didn't - because u can't!
    except for syndicate's bonuses (which are worthless) there is no need for cash.
    You gain cash, that is still useful. Donīt agree on that? What pays for the LTB? Cash, and from LTB you can get those extra items by lvl them up as many canīt. There is a source where you could gain an advantage over ur competetor by keep on robbing and atack other players.

what strategy??
    we used to plan fighting times, send scouters on wars and what not...
    today u need no strategy - just be a low level of the 1st or 2nd tier and u r set! u can beat every mission without strategy.
    I still claim there is a strategy (or strategies actually) but if I where to put them out here they wouldnīt be much of a use anymore. Sorry about that

wrong.
    we used to play 5-10 times a day because of few things - collecting money all the time and maximum participation with bosses.
    today u can do the same with playing once a day - no need to collect money anymore, and some events can be finished with a few minutes (e.g. the epic boss, where ppl reached a point they kill all bosses from level 1 to 100 with one hit!)
    Well, during any syndicate event you would need to log on a few times every day, atleast in our syndicate that is. And they are just throwing more and more of those at us lately. For the collecting part we will all reach a point where we only have buildings where we are using 12, 24, 48 and other odd cycles from the LTBīs we get, but they bring in more than the lower crappy ones and I donīt mind that at all. And I refer the importance of cash to the above thing where I explained the value in getting new LTBīs. About that last boss I just think they screwed up, it was too easy, or maybe it was a way of saying sorry for them screwing up in the past.

modifiers and hoods are something ppl have really worked for.
    i bet 90% of the mods where given to ppl who used gold, unlike items that are handed out like candy for free.
    for the last year i worked hard on two things - my mods and my hood. i did not work hard for 95% of my items.
    Letīs just agree we have different perspective on this one

For the record, Iīve payed a few bucks in to this game, but it was on my older charachter which I where way of with and lvled up too fast. Sure, now he would be great for SLTQīs since he had very high energy, but his stats where crap. Started over and so far I havenīt payed more because I where about to quit, hanging in there though.

Banned
    Post Count
    I think I have noticed a repeating problem.
    Probably the real cause of the destruction of this game:
    The tiers!

There shouldn't be any tiers. Growing levels should be a goal, not something to avoid.
    I'm doing the boss mission and a level 20 is doing the same - there is no logic for him to have easier time WHILE earning the same prizes as higher levels.

Someone said that stats inflation affects everyone so if u doubled ur stats then do did ur opponent. Then the only thing that actually took the game out of balance is the tiers...

Post Count
    Actually, if the entire base were inflated equal to the rate of inflation of the LTQ's, RB's, Wars, etc. then you may find a reasonable balance. I suppose the inflation rate exceeds 10% per month. Perhaps the initial Laundromat should now be priced at 500 instead of 100 and the payout equal.

More importantly, the respect and cash items must be inflated regularly! I suggest a new rollout every 30-60 days. ....and yes, the gold (real $$) purchases are really worthless. Think about the recent individual boss event and the 350$G giveaway. I suspect a huge number of players 'reset' their game or added a new device and the immediate rewards were multiples above the Gold Prize Purchases!!! Scratchers...do I need to go there? If this were inflated accordingly, you might get a few takers too.

Quite simply.... just inflate the game across the board equally.

Better still.... reduce your inflation rate!! Currently, people are leaving at high rates. It seems if one were to layoff for a month or two, they would be lost in the dust. How long could the members of Fight Club stand on the sidelines before the average Joes pass them by. The have long dominated this game and yet I feel a short layoff, even for them, would be a major setback.

There are many fine additions but the most damaging part of the game - is the inflation! Please take the time to get this right Gree...
    There are three sides to every story. Mine, yours and the truth.

Mob

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    You are correct mob, they absolutely need to update cash and respect items. You also make a good point about reducing inflation rate, however I do not think this can be done....the genie (inflation)is out of the bottle and you can't put it back. With everyone's stats in the millions, no one is going to care about working at events for a 2,000 point weapon. Most importantly no one will spend gold to get 2,000 point weapons.....this would be bad for business, which is why gree wouldn't do it. Really they probably couldn't do it and still turn a profit. It may be a game for us, but end of the day it is a business for gree. Inflation will not only continue but the rate will go up, gree needs to offer bigger and bigger weapons to entice people to spend. Even 20,000 point weapons are not that thrilling anymore.....I have 2 at 70,000.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I think putting much better cash items in the store is the best solution. Stat inflation favors new players, the only advantage that us older players have is higher iph, which still takes time to build.