What the Eff are you thinking Gree?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the Eff are you thinking Gree?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count

What the Eff are you thinking Gree?

I mean, +2 buildings for top300?!?!?!?!?! This was a top50 box event prize ffs. Which people spent THOUSANDS for. It's reasonable to expect a nice prize there to discourage micro guilds, but devaluing other players literal years of work is not the right way to go about it. It's too good of a reward for too low of a rank. May as well just give it away to everyone, seriously not cool. Change it to health regen or something.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 09-30-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    I mean, +2 buildings for top300?!?!?!?!?! Change it to health regen or something.
    I hope they do!!! Health regen is worth way more than upgrading a few buildings at a time. Gold is not really used anymore, but health is.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I sure don't need it but I say let them have it. The game has changed since those leaderboard events, if it helps a few people get back into their own economy and develop it faster than I'll have more to raid.

Banned
    Post Count
    Yes, change it to health regen! I don't even care about upgrading buildings anymore. When I saw that prize I thought it was a waste. Unit bonus means a lot more at this point.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Again, tone down with what you say lol...

I don't mind having more upgrades... If you didnt know, they changed the individual box event over time, no one complained about it now... so why make a big fuzz about it now? (not the same situation but you get the idea)
    Hi guys

Post Count
    I vote for health regen too. Wait, this is not a poll...
    Kingdom Age ID: 137-166-368

Post Count
    I'm excited about the building upgrades. That's one of the modifiers I'm still missing. Still upgrading just one at a time. I hope they don't change the reward!

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Whatever anyone says, giving out a past top50 box event reward for top300 is just stupid. I don't care if it has any bearing on the way the game is played today. It totally devalues the reward. And it's bad precedent. Why would you ever go for a box event now when you know it's going to be handed out on an f'ing silver platter in a couple months.

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Whatever anyone says, giving out a past top50 box event reward for top300 is just stupid. I don't care if it has any bearing on the way the game is played today. It totally devalues the reward. And it's bad precedent. Why would you ever go for a box event now when you know it's going to be handed out on an f'ing silver platter in a couple months.
    Because people like to have the shiniest new thing first. I swear Gree could offer up a half eaten ham and cheese sandwhich with a reward unit that gives negative 5% attack for first place and FUN would likely pile on the points just cause they wouldn't want to not have top billing.

Death shall come riding on the many wings of a Murder of Crows

Consistent Contributor aphroKEN's Avatar
    Post Count
    I mean, +2 buildings for top300?!?!?!?!?! This was a top50 box event prize ffs. Which people spent THOUSANDS for. It's reasonable to expect a nice prize there to discourage micro guilds, but devaluing other players literal years of work is not the right way to go about it. It's too good of a reward for too low of a rank. May as well just give it away to everyone, seriously not cool. Change it to health regen or something.
    Stat inflation has gone crazy. I don't see you complaining about stat inflation since that has literally OBSOLETED years of work and many $$$ of investment in this game.

Back then the top 50 box event unit only had about 1k/1k stats. Some things depreciate over time. An additional building upgrade was worth a lot back then but these days many players are approaching level 10 on all buildings.

Newer players could probably put that bonus to good use which I think is great that this bonus has become more accessible. It allows the players that can actually use the bonus to have a realistic prospect of earning it. Newer players can also catch up, in terms of building upgrades, to older players. But even then this is somewhat a moot bonus because buildings are far less useful than they once were. The only buildings that retain their effectiveness are the boost buildings.

So I think this is not imbalanced. Just accept it because stat inflation is far worse.

Post Count
    Well this game isn't exactly known for setting good precedents. Here's a better question: why would you even spend money on this game when you know a freely obtainable reward 3 months down the track will succeed something that costs a lot of money?

People still spend money however (even when the rewards don't have modifiers). As to why, the answer is pretty simple.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
    Because people like to have the shiniest new thing first. I swear Gree could offer up a half eaten ham and cheese sandwhich with a reward unit that gives negative 5% attack for first place and FUN would likely pile on the points just cause they wouldn't want to not have top billing.
    lol I wish Gree would do something like that. FUN will get weaker and weaker after each successive war and would have to eventually stop going for first place. I'd like to see how far FUN will go.

Post Count
    I'd love for it to be changed to health regen, too, but Health Regen is a HUGE bonus so that's why I hope it won't actually be changed. Such a powerful bonus shouldn't be at the 300 range.

The +2 concurrent building upgrades isn't actually that much of a big deal anymore. Gold is only used for guild bonuses these days and once you hit a certain threshold the cost of the bonuses increases so exponentially that even having 3 gold buildings upgrading at once isn't gong to significantly impact the buying of those bonuses.

As much as I would love to have more health regen, I think it's pretty balanced as it appears. Not saying it won't get changed before the event, but that's my 2 cents.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by aphroKEN View Post
    Well this game isn't exactly known for setting good precedents. Here's a better question: why would you even spend money on this game when you know a freely obtainable reward 3 months down the track will succeed something that costs a lot of money?

People still spend money however (even when the rewards don't have modifiers). As to why, the answer is pretty simple.
    Touché. I give up. It's a bad idea, and although I agree this isn't the first bad precedent... When did that become ok?

Post Count
    I suport the Gree to give those bonuses to top 300 guilds,why should not they have better bonuses?

They deserve here and there some bonuses that they can use and worth something as energy or health or upgrade few buildings at once..Some kind of balance need to exist in game..

And i think here and there llp guilds deserve a chance to get cool bonuses..So i am and i suport this new order of guild prizes.
    Please don't change them..Let's do something and for those that can't spend to much on this game,let them improve their game a little,they deserve it!
    Last edited by DragCro; 10-01-2013 at 04:18 AM.
    [FK] TITAN