174 81.69%
  • I do not agree

39 18.31%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WD event from 72 to 24 hours for starters

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HGF69 View Post
    Ferr every time after an event you put up a similar thread. I understand your request but be completely honest with me here - is this because you think its too long or that a 1 day event gives you a better crack at first place?

I can't help but feel there is a slightly selfish reason behind this but you can tell me otherwise.

24 hours just becomes who can hit reload the quickest for the top 10 factions so there is no skill, planning or fun involved. The Top 10 will have a pretty much identical score and the winner will be the quickest re-loaders with the most members - simple maths.

48 means lower gold teams can still get their refills in and put in a decent shift and get some sleep.

I am also of the opinion that there should be at least one month between events.
    It is 100% self centered but not for any other reason than the one I stated. If that is unbelievable I have no way to prove it. As to the leaderboard i can almost guarantee you that the top three will be exactly the same. As to the amount of WD points i am not completely sure. I think it may be more wd points for the top three factions as they may go all out 24 hours. But that is speculating. If that is the case it will cost us more than the current situation. The winner remains to be the one with the most 1 million plus gold spenders going all out.
    During three days i am almost 100% preoccupied with the event. That in fact may be my true problem in which case I stop argueing about shortening the event. i will have to find a solution within the faction and within myself. I hope you find this response sincere or honest enough.
    Yours,
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Banned
    Post Count
    FERR, why play every WD event? The top teams don't need the awards! The top teams are the ones who can make the change happen or at least cause them to think about it. What do the top teams get out of being a top team? Modern War recognition Status?
    Didn't see any mention of the top teams by any global leaders,wasn't on Google nobody saw it on the national news!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    GREE ought to try it out. They are having 2 WDs per month now, why not shorten one and leave the other? Play with it and see what the outcome is.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I agree this is completely out of control for the way the game is being run but I disagree a 24 hour event will solve the problem. For me if I stayed up for the 24 hours I would be a mess for several days while I caught up on lost sleep which defeats the object of spending quality time with the wife & kids. The top 10 all turned out 24 million ish points this time which is an increase on Ireland 1st & 2nd did less. Not saying the top3 factions don't provide a great income but the money seems to be coming from the top100 now during the WD events.

I just don't see how the top100 or even the top50 factions can work together on this as you well know players want to be 1st, 2nd, 3rd or in the top10 how could a group say or dictate what place each faction will come? I know if I was told right this round we are going to be 2nd I would want to join the 1st placed team.

For it to work each player needs to make a choice and that choice is either reduce spend or stop spending.

Consistent Contributor Zach3432's Avatar
    Post Count
    Why should Gree slow down or change at all? People come here to complain, but yet every war there is full participation. Simple economics would dictate that Gree is giving us exactly what we want and has no reason to change. I am truthfully surprised that events aren't 12 days away. I bet most would compete. Like I said, take a war off, relax, and enjoy.
    Zach

"Go to heaven for the weather, hell for the company."
    -Mark Twain
    "Three generations of imbeciles are enough."
    -Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach3432 View Post
    Why should Gree slow down or change at all? People come here to complain, but yet every war there is full participation. Simple economics would dictate that Gree is giving us exactly what we want and has no reason to change. I am truthfully surprised that events aren't 12 days away. I bet most would compete. Like I said, take a war off, relax, and enjoy.
    Spot on, only one way theyll listen to us, and heres a hint - its not what we SAY

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly 1 View Post
    I do not believe this is true. The majority of players in top 10 and 25 teams have to commit more than just 1 day of activity in WD events. This is especially true for leaders/officers and any 'support' members each faction has. For teams on the border line of their tier (eg they're at 10th position and in danger of slipping to 11th) wouldn't be able to get all their hits in on Saturday when they will be needed to help further at the end on Monday. The unpredictability of where you will be positioned in your tier as the event progresses means you have to be available at any point during the event in case your help is needed.
    A guild can just dedicate a third of the players to each day of the WD, or not participate until the very last day to overcome this.

Banned
    Post Count
    This leads me to think. Why complain that a war should be 24 hours long instead of 72 hours long when you can just participate in the final 24 hours?

See Ferr? I've solved your problem.

Banned
    Post Count
    A 24 hour event is a terrible idea. You would be asking people to stay awake for 24 hours. It favors factions that have people from all over the world. A 24 hour event that starts at noon for the US players would start a midnight for others. That's pointless. 72 hours is perfect for the 98 percent of players who are not in top ten factions.

The problem is the frequency of events. Once a month people.....that's what we should be fighting for.

Banned
    Post Count
    This game is like a second family to them. Families don't have to be made of husbands, wives and children. It can be made up of faction members.

Banned
    Post Count
    this is simple for gold players. dont do anything on day one or two. then drop the 30 grand you were going to on the weekend on the last day. That way you only have to play one day.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I think everything should be accelerated. A war every weekend!!!! First we'll fight for Djibouti then onto Malta, Lichtenstein, Rwanda, and the Vatican as we can't afford to divvy up too much land area too fast. Every week should have a new event every day Monday through Friday, 1 Boss, 1 Crate event, 1 Map Based Limited Time Event, 1 raid 50 Ore Mines and 100 Nuclear Factories Event, 1 attack 50 rivals with the same avatar and same number of letters in their name event, and one day off.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    It is 100% self centered but not for any other reason than the one I stated. If that is unbelievable I have no way to prove it. As to the leaderboard i can almost guarantee you that the top three will be exactly the same. As to the amount of WD points i am not completely sure. I think it may be more wd points for the top three factions as they may go all out 24 hours. But that is speculating. If that is the case it will cost us more than the current situation. The winner remains to be the one with the most 1 million plus gold spenders going all out.
    During three days i am almost 100% preoccupied with the event. That in fact may be my true problem in which case I stop argueing about shortening the event. i will have to find a solution within the faction and within myself. I hope you find this response sincere or honest enough.
    Yours,
    Ferr thanks for being open and honest. You point out relevant issues but fail to see that YOU CAN do something about these.

If you want Gree to listen, make them by hitting them where it hurts and playing gold free in Madagascar.

Put your ego to one side and step your faction down.

Why are you busting a gut to come 2nd all the time? For units that make no difference to you as your faction members are strong enough.

You saw our experiment about gold free. Okay we are not in your league but we have always been top 100. It was by far the most entertaining and fun war we have ever done.

Who cares if for ONE war Ferr doen't compete with gold - probably just you. You are your own worst enemy here and I mean all this in a respectful way as I do respect you guys. Just trying to point out you are not going to change things unless you take a stand.

Put pride to one side for the next war and make a stand on your morals. Trust me you will get more respect doing it than from anything else you can do in this game.

Ball is in your court mate, good luck.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    there's never been a 24 hour event in the history of MW as far as I know. I cant see them starting now to be honest. Im sure they can make more money over 3 days than 1. As long as people are spending cash Gree wont listen to our concerns.

Banned
    Post Count
    I concurr ferr

If players like you voice your discontent maybe greedy will act