Update Regarding Accomplices - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Update Regarding Accomplices

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Weren't there threads describing the implementation of accomplices by developers on this forum? Where can we find those threads to see what was promised?

Nice job cleaning up the forum.
    Always Famous......

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    As a free player I approve of this. Can't see the "money no object" group going a bundle on it though. When would they stop tapping long enough to take advantage of it?
    Didn't seem to be much of an issue when all those energy regen mods were going to the top ranks in war. According to the leaderboards those wars were as competitive as any.

Regiardless, Gree simply worked around this new "ability" by increasing the energy requirements for LTQ events. So if anything is done woth battle health regen I pretty much expect there to be several "unforeseen issues."

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Didn't seem to be much of an issue when all those energy regen mods were going to the top ranks in war. According to the leaderboards those wars were as competitive as any.

Regiardless, Gree simply worked around this new "ability" by increasing the energy requirements for LTQ events. So if anything is done woth battle health regen I pretty much expect there to be several "unforeseen issues."
    And there's the whole problem with the company in a nutshell. Give a good reward to a tiny fraction of the player base, then neutralise it by increasing the requirements which simultaneously kicks the other 99% of players in the proverbials.

But there's a difference in this case. In previous wars they were spending to get the rank they feel entitled to. Spending ludicrous amounts to get enough accomplices to avoid the horror of a bit of red on their news is a separate issue - I'm not saying I have great sympathy with people who just spend as a default option, as opposed to those who spend for a specific goal, but they're unlikely to be satisfied with a battle health bonus due to the way they play the wars.
    Last edited by sister morphine; 02-13-2015 at 04:30 AM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    I haven't read the whole thread..sorry. But has there been mention of bonus gold from Gree? I too spent some good money on gold used to acquire these accomplices. Not only are they currently useless, sounds like they well never be used as intended.but depending on what type of bonus is on the table, I'm open to hearing about it.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Are you in the gold bonus scheme? That's probably it.

Post Count
    Even though there is a 3 year precedent on the value of spending in this game, I do have a certain level of sympathy for people who spent gold chasing these things. What I find extremely comical is people wanting to be compensated for "time" in chasing these things. Really? Your time is so valuable that you want to be compensated for the time you spent playing a video game? Really? Just listen to yourself. Either that is an incredible amount of hubris, or near single digit IQ talkin right there......

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Too little too late
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia. [/I][/I]

Post Count
    Are you in the gold bonus scheme? That's probably it.
    I don't know what that means, so I would guess I'm not. I'm just an average moderate gold spender that feels duped. The way they rolled out that accomplice program with zero warning and very little clear instruction or support....left many of us unable to play the PvP portions of the game at all for a period of time. Many of us felt we needed these accomplices to remain competitive and able to help our syns. Many of us spent money on gold to keep pace with the game they changed. Now that they have our money they change the feature? That's a bait n switch, and I admit falling for it. Now I feel it's fair to be accommodated in some fashion. replace my gold (multiple vaults), or something.
    Them saying "accomplices will still be used in other parts of the game" described in a time of gree choosing is not acceptable

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Now this is what I call a Valentine's Day Massacre!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgz View Post
    I don't know what that means, so I would guess I'm not. I'm just an average moderate gold spender that feels duped. The way they rolled out that accomplice program with zero warning and very little clear instruction or support....left many of us unable to play the PvP portions of the game at all for a period of time. Many of us felt we needed these accomplices to remain competitive and able to help our syns. Many of us spent money on gold to keep pace with the game they changed. Now that they have our money they change the feature? That's a bait n switch, and I admit falling for it. Now I feel it's fair to be accommodated in some fashion. replace my gold (multiple vaults), or something.
    Them saying "accomplices will still be used in other parts of the game" described in a time of gree choosing is not acceptable
    I'd like to know the reason behind the change in accomplices before making accusations of bait & switch. If it's because of some players complaining because they don't like the change (and/or threatening to stop buying gold because of it) then let's be honest, it's those players to blame 60% and the company 40% for not calling their bluff.

If Gree have decided that it just wasn't working as intended, then the case for partial refunds is stronger. But nobody should be refunded for doing events that they would have spent on anyway unless they're prepared to lose all the prizes from that event.

More dubious is the idea of someone buying a load of gold, waiting for their bonus to be delivered and then getting a refund from their vendor. That's sailing much closer to fraudulent behaviour than anything the company has done to date on this subject.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This situation reminds me of the commercial playing here in the states for Dollar Shave Club. In the commercial some dude tries to buy razors and the clerk says some outrageous price that surprises the customer. But the customer is resigned to pay for the blades anyway. Then the clerk informs the customer that there is a free gift that comes with the purchase. So the customer grabs the gift and is met with a swift punch right in the junk. Gree gave us the accomplices then proceeded to punch us right in our collective junk. Our "free gift".

Post Count
    I'd like to know the reason behind the change in accomplices before making accusations of bait & switch. If it's because of some players complaining because they don't like the change (and/or threatening to stop buying gold because of it) then let's be honest, it's those players to blame 60% and the company 40% for not calling their bluff.

If Gree have decided that it just wasn't working as intended, then the case for partial refunds is stronger. But nobody should be refunded for doing events that they would have spent on anyway unless they're prepared to lose all the prizes from that event.

More dubious is the idea of someone buying a load of gold, waiting for their bonus to be delivered and then getting a refund from their vendor. That's sailing much closer to fraudulent behaviour than anything the company has done to date on this subject.
    All very good points. Can't say I disagree with any of that (at least not now), and your post is making me think. I still feel duped, but maybe "bait n switch" is a bit harsh of a term at this point. I guess I'll see how it plays out over the next few days.

I don't know how anyone can say with any certainty just how much of their gold was strictly for acquiring accomplices, and how much would be part of their normal spending pattern anyway. I think its fair to say that anyone who bought and spent gold all along would still have bought and used some percentage regardless -- but I do still remember those 3-5 days where I couldn't rob or attack anyone, yet I was still getting rob / attacked regularly; those days did encourage me to make purchases and play ltq's that I normally wouldn't have touched, play RB and Epic boss much more diligently, and spent more on SA and Battle events in order to up both my individual score, and help my syn score...all in the name getting better accomplices.

Post Count

I'd also include the people who go back for "refunds" every couple months and keep buying gold. I've seen people actually bragging about how they get about $500 out of every $1000 they spend refunded. Those people should be in jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The accomplices still count in PVP however, just not battle. Is that correct?

Post Count
    Great so now accomplices are decoration. Gree this is tiresome.