Lack on communications on giving info about new changes in the game

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lack on communications on giving info about new changes in the game

Post Count

Lack on communications on giving info about new changes in the game

Gree please upfront at least few days earlier announce information on every new change with explanation if the change is permanent or not and how to play it and other relevant info.
    I understand why people are upset because the lack of informations and throwing a new events and big changes in the game get them confused what to do.
    It is not so hard to post a new info about stat inflation,about health increase on raid boss event,war and battle changes etc.
    Please do so and be more communicative with the community and don't be afraid about the feedback that you will get from them upfront,better the feedback and criticism upfront from a players because the alternative is not so good,that no communication get you in position that the game lose the core of the players and they are leaving the game when they see that all their progress was for nothing
    Last edited by DragCro; 04-10-2015 at 01:38 AM.
    [FK] TITAN

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    If they announced or make the change before the recent Heroic Raid boss, do you think players are going to spend gems on the RB for the crapy reward

I guess Gree make the change because there are some players who farmed hell lot of units during the Epic Boss. This change can nullify all the advantages the players gain from the Epic Boss. Well at least the units can still be used during raid boss again but I guess not for long

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The big issue is that all boosts serve no purpose now - so war rewards are pointless

Titan is right - we need comms - I do not believe this is intentinional but most do and are assuming this is final KA war for all top guilds and gemmers.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
    I guess Gree make the change because there are some players who farmed hell lot of units during the Epic Boss. This change can nullify all the advantages the players gain from the Epic Boss. Well at least the units can still be used during raid boss again but I guess not for long
    The units will still be worthless when Gree increases RB health by another 551%
    Purple Squirrel

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I agree . Lack of communication is the big problem . I believe most would be willing to work with new ideas if we have the time work a stradigty for event or battle . Your leaving us in the dark . That's not a fun way to game for me .

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree evem has an announcement forum where they can clarify things for us.

I would like to know why gree employees get paid to moderate these forums and cant even post that they are aware of major issues and are looking into them.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Maybe this will help Gree understand:

com·mu·ni·ca·tion
    kəˌmyo͞onəˈkāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    the imparting or exchanging of information or news.
    "direct communication between the two countries will produce greater understanding"
    synonyms: transmission, conveyance, divulgence, disclosure; dissemination, promulgation, broadcasting
    "the communication of news"
    means of connection between people or places, in particular.

Communication - Definition and More from the Free Merriam ...
    www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/communication
    b : a verbal or written message. 3 a : a process by which information is exchanged between individuals through a common system of symbols, signs, or behavior <the function of pheromones in insect communication>; also : exchange of information.

Communication - Medical Definition and More from Merriam-Webster
    www.merriam-webster.com/medical/communication
    noun com·mu·ni·ca·tion \kə-ˌmyü-nə-ˈkā-shən\. Definition of COMMUNICATION. 1. : the act or process of transmitting information (as about ideas, attitudes, ...

Communication | Define Communication at Dictionary.com
    dictionary.reference.com/browse/communication
    the act or process of communicating; fact of being communicated. 2. the imparting or interchange of thoughts, opinions, or information by speech, writing, ...

communication - definition of communication by The Free Dictionary
    www.thefreedictionary.com/communication
    com·mu·ni·ca·tion n. 1. The act of communicating; transmission. 2. a. The exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing, ..

But I'm not sure Gree can understand.
    How sad
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Part of the communication problem is that none of the Community Management Team (volunteer mods included) play KA.

KA customers on the forum are left out.

I know K&D, BtD, WoN & LoW all have their own problems, but TBH, I don't really care about them because I don't play those apps. Sure, it bothers me a little that KA gets no love. And, the apps that GREE employees play seem to get more positive attention, but there is nothing I can do about that. *shrugs*

I wouldn't suggest downloading KA to my proverbial worst enemy anyway, let alone asking one of the CMT to start playing KA so they have a better understanding of the game.

I'm not blaming the CMT for ignoring KA issues because they don't play KA, but it is what it is.

Consistent Contributor Uberfauker's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I don't play this game anymore so I don't know what's going on with the attack changes but I'd guess what ever it is was an accident and they don't know how to fix it yet.

The lack of communication is more likely due to the mods getting tired of coming here day after day and saying "we are aware of the situation and are working on a solution". Who wants to do that? I'm sure when Relic leaves work everyday he/she is driving home wondering how the devs can be so incompetent.
    ...What?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I don't play MW but reading about the current HRB disaster there is very depressing - it's the exact same pattern - massive changes that seem very wrong and zero comms.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DragCro View Post
    Please do so and be more communicative with the community and don't be afraid about the feedback that you will get from them upfront,better the feedback and criticism upfront from a players because the alternative is not so good,that no communication get you in position that the game lose the core of the players and they are leaving the game when they see that all their progress was for nothing
    And you handle feedback and criticism so well?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DragCro View Post
    Gree please upfront at least few days earlier announce information on every new change with explanation if the change is permanent or not and how to play it and other relevant info.
    I understand why people are upset because the lack of informations and throwing a new events and big changes in the game get them confused what to do.
    It is not so hard to post a new info about stat inflation,about health increase on raid boss event,war and battle changes etc.
    Hi DragCro,

Thank you for taking the time to write out your thoughts. This has been an especially difficult week and we apologize about all the problems that players have been exposed to.
    Improving communication is at the top of our priority list, and Clementine, Relic and I (as well as the rest of our department) are committed to making this a reality. The truth is that the main obstacles we face have to do with procedure and structure, and not with people "not wanting to communicate" or failing to see the value in communication. Game development is very fast paced and complex and we need to ensure that communicating things in advance become automatic parts of the development process (we're not there yet). This isn't always as easy as it sounds but of course it can (and must) be done.

I write this not to make excuses but because I think many players share your concern and frustrations. My humble hope is that I can convince you and others reading this that we do take our responsibility for better transparency and communication seriously and that we are constantly working towards that goal. I am confident that it will get better. Thank you for reading.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Has the idea of having a social network in game that have live moderators to answer questions ever been looked at? I have seen it done. Not sure it would be practical in this app . Just a creative suggestion instead of complaining about the problem .

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    "Step 1: Skip an event, its not hard. Take some time off and spend it with your friends and family.
    Step 2: Skip a war. Once again, spend some time with your friends and family.
    Step 3: Skip two events and a war. Yep, spend some time with your friends and family.
    Step 4: Skip an entire cycle... You should be used to spending time away from the game by now. Read a book or do something useful...

After Step 4 your stats will be so bad you will need to quit the game, it worked for me"

Best advice so far, from Uberfauker

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Sounds like a good way to stop playing . Not what I want to do. I would drop rank and still have fun with friends at lower level. I think maybe we lose focus on what the most important thing is . Fun with friends . This game is way bigger than stats . Things learned from every culture . Just saying !