GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Daylight Savings Time and Epic Boss

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Question Daylight Savings Time and Epic Boss

Considering we are in the middle of Epic Boss and there is a scheduled outage for the servers, how is the loss of time being compensated for? The quest length is the same as you said it would be, but I don't see the requirements changed for it. You said that it would be adjusted, but you need to take into consideration the individual quests and not just the daily guild quest. What is your plan for this, since we are losing time during a very difficult quest?

Thanks in advance.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    They said they adjusted the event difficulty - but it turns out the level 100 is 16.5K vice 14.3K last cycle. Unless you got extremely lucky with chests you lost ground even if you finished top ten and got the eb prize Waiting to see if the developers will adjust. Even without daylight savings tie they should have left EB strength alone.

The idea is that we spend money and get better not worse.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromm View Post
    Considering we are in the middle of Epic Boss and there is a scheduled outage for the servers, how is the loss of time being compensated for? The quest length is the same as you said it would be, but I don't see the requirements changed for it. You said that it would be adjusted, but you need to take into consideration the individual quests and not just the daily guild quest. What is your plan for this, since we are losing time during a very difficult quest?

Thanks in advance.

You'll just have to make due. Seriously.
    People are constantly demanding "breaks." Then we get a legitimate break from the game and we get this thread?

Do you really want GREE to compensate and create more bugs and more coding errors for a few extra hours added to an event?
    So what if you actually miss a few hours? Really.

Time to have a RL while the bleating servers are down.

(note: all questions are rhetorical.)

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    You'll just have to make due. Seriously.
    People are constantly demanding "breaks." Then we get a legitimate break from the game and we get this thread?

Do you really want GREE to compensate and create more bugs and more coding errors for a few extra hours added to an event?
    So what if you actually miss a few hours? Really.

Time to have a RL while the bleating servers are down.

(note: all questions are rhetorical.)
    Seriously, you don't know the first thing about me or why I made this thread. The outage doesn't even effect me due to my time zone. I asked a legitimate question regarding a statement they made and was hoping to get a legitimate answer. I didn't asked to get trolled, but I guess I should have known better. Thanks for validating my reasons for such a low post count...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I think the point is that they claimed they adjusted the difficulty down to compensate but in fact made it unreasonably more difficult. A pattern that is breaking the game...

I would love to know the percentage of KA players that are actually better against EB boss with the work they did over the cycle. Extremely low I bet. Hell, I will make it easy and just look at those in top ten guilds who got the +75 and are likely quite active. I bet the percentage is still under 10%.

Break out the numbers Gree. explain this please. Why should we spend money to get worse????
    Last edited by Jomama1; 03-06-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I thought the lower lvl's were easier but I got some decent boots from a chest, I don't complete 100 as never have the time and no plus 75 ATTACK for me, so I reckon I'm better off

Consistent Contributor Toddiekska's Avatar
    Post Count
    Does Gree mean they lowered there increase? Instead of a (guessing) 20% increase they did a 12% increase? Overall as others have commented, how many are able to reasonably keep up with the wave of increased?
    I am editing my resume and adding Beta Tester.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    A couple of years ago, we had a GLTQ going on when we had daylight savings. Gree just changed the last level, form @ 279 mins to @ 60 mibs, if I remember correctly. Maybe some of the legendary levels will be shorter. It would be nice if Gree gave us a heads up about it.

Just found out that Gree lowered the time allowed for the timed Bosses in Legendsry. Is this how they adjusted EB for daylight savings? By making it necessary to spend more gems to finish in time?

The silence from Gree is deafening.
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 03-07-2015 at 02:34 AM.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It's saturday - they are surfing

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Hello Gree- can we get a response?

Not only do you make level 100's 15% harder, you shorten the timed amounts to force more gems - unbelievable.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Today we lose @ 6 hours due to Daylight savings time, but no reduction in the qty of Bosses to kill for the Daily Quest.
    25% of the day is gone, and no reduction!

Sadly, we're getting used to Gree lying to us.
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    CC had a team event over the weekend that ended an hour early without notice for some teams. Rewards were issued early while other teams were still playing the event.
    No word from GREE what happened, but it seems like it had to do with the time change.

Just a heads up:
    In case the same happens in KA, figure the event(s) will end an hour early than posted ingame.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Just got to 10/10 legendary. Still need 10 kills
    Gree, where is the so called "adjustment" you promised in your daylight savings announcement?
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    Gree, where is the so called "adjustment" you promised in your daylight savings announcement?
    Perhaps in the counts hold chests they gave out in the bundles that you could buy.
    Oh wait the hero equip chest was from several cycles ago with all crap weapons and armor that impossibly could boost you attack anyway...

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    It appears we didn't get an adjustment...