Thread: the raid tweaks

the raid tweaks

I think a year ago player "ribbon M" of raids still ended somewhere in the 20000-50000 range, but now that has been sliced down to 5000 (was 8000 a few raids ago IIRC).
    Together with the tweaking of the milestones and (boss power/stats), I guess this means Gree has split the raid players into 3 categories. (following numbers assume they keep cycling the milestones through the 5 mono-element shadowforged fragments at a constant rate and assumes no fragments from other sources than 2-day raids)

- The very big spenders that can get up to 11 shadowforged fragments from milestones, probably 1 fragment from player rank and of course the player and probably guild dragonforged armors. If they finish all milestones each raid, they could craft a set of 5 shadowforged after about 2 - 2 1/2 months.

- the people doing a guild dragonforged run that I guess get about 2-5 shadowforged fragments as sideeffect of their run plus the guild dragonforged armor.

- the rest of us that don't gem or only gem a bit on the raid to whom Gree kind of signaled we are not worthy of a ranking (by slicing away the majority of the player ranks) and should instead purely focus on the milestones by placing that 2 shadowforged fragment bait at the 5.2M goal there. If you consistently get those fragments and the fragment rotation stays consistent over the 5 mono-element shadowforgeds, you'd be able to craft the first on the 51th week since the start of those milestones (you'd have 10 fragments of each on the 49th week), then the rest on the 53th, 55th, 57th and 59th week. So in a year and a bit less than 2 months, a patient player would collect the first 5 shadowforged through raid milestones. (of course by that time Gree will have released a rarity above shadowforged...)

Rewards wise, if you're not doing a guild dragonforged run, you're probably much better off in a guild that calls up level 2 and 3 bosses than anything higher.
    (as a player mostly using epic+, I'm getting probably 30-40% more milestone points on a "legendary" lvl 2 boss than I get on a non-legendary lvl 3. 2 such players hitting it at the same time should kill it without wasting milestone points.)
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

The legendary raid sucks for smaller guilds because it promotes egoistic play as long as it doesn't feature adjacent elements and stays with the current stats.

A player decked out in current EB+ and normal version of heroic mode armors can do about 110k to a lv2 raid boss. And 70k to a lv3. Noone wants to hit the remaining 40k of a lv2. Noone wants to hit a lv3 if there arn't at least 3 people online at the same time. Let us kill a lv2 with 1 energy by either lowering health or stats. Or preferably let us do more damage to a lv3 boss than a lv2 boss has.

When lv2 was at 70k health a player with EB+ and normal heroic armors could do more than that on a lv3 boss.

you could also say it fosters more coordination through line/whatsapp/etc./guildchat for smaller guilds. 2 people hitting 100k on a lvl 2 in parallel (2nd starting before the 1st ends) means 2x 100k milestone points and a dead boss.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Valid point.

But... even when 2 guys are online they still don't want to go for the higher lv boss. And shouldn't that be the goal? Beating harder odds by playing as a team.

All that's needed in my eyes is that attacking a higher lv boss means more points per energy. Killing said boss can still be a team effort.

(I'm not as mad as it perhaps sounds, just voicing how new raids are not as fun as the old ones for a non gemmer)

Quote Originally Posted by Konny View Post
    Valid point.

new raids are not as fun as the old ones for a non gemmer)
    There is the answer. It's not about FUN for players, it's about people spending gems - and lots of them - to get any where near the rewards of the old raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Konny View Post
    Valid point.

But... even when 2 guys are online they still don't want to go for the higher lv boss. And shouldn't that be the goal? Beating harder odds by playing as a team.

All that's needed in my eyes is that attacking a higher lv boss means more points per energy. Killing said boss can still be a team effort.
    Well, what would be ideal for the setting and what's actually optimal are 2 different things... Otherwise Gree would have put an end to strip battles. Ideally you'd want knights fighting in their strongest armors in the wars, not friends meeeting up for a LARP match in foam armor...
    And a higher level boss is more bonus points at the cost of individual/milestone points; the point where the actual reward from the guild points outweighs the missed out milestone points is just so silly far away. But I doubt anybody would want to go back to the point before milestones existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    the point where the actual reward from the guild points outweighs the missed out milestone points is just so silly far away
    Actually a point I as a non gemmer have no problem with, that's just the way it is as a freeloader in a money game . The first decent reward is for T100, we come in 1500 at best. You can't just give out newer epics for T1000.

I really like the milestones, because they make leveling armors possible. Even with them there is no way I can enhance every EB+ armor I want. Armory should be able to queue a days worth of bronze armor, or I should get me a job with no work to assign new every 4.5 minutes :-)

My guild was a T10 raid pusher. We will not push raids at all. I have good armor and lucky to hit 60k . Thats with correct elements and matching bling. For lower level players it is horrible. They totally destroyed raids. Most guilds will no longer push raids at all.
    JC QD

Now they really tweaked it. Raids are becoming ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladin View Post
    Now they really tweaked it. Raids are becoming ridiculous.
    Yes raids no longer fun. Actual made them to the point of wanting to avoid playing them at all. Thanks gree for taking the fun away and making us feel pathetic
    JC QD

Hmm, new blitz raid.
    - shorter fights, so the maximum gems per hour limit is higher
    - they forgot to adjust the numbers of the "guild member rewards" to the new lower points
    - less free energy in the milestones compared to previous blitz raids