Epic Boss is WAY too hard. We need a system for everyone, not just "vets" - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss is WAY too hard. We need a system for everyone, not just "vets"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It seems like everyone with stats in the billions complains about it being "too easy for newbies to farm 100s like candy with one free hit.", and all the newer/lower stat players complain about how difficult it is too catch up with everyone having the same Epic Boss health system.

Why haven't they just made the 101,102,103, etc. bosses have increasing health? It seems like an easy fix to adjust the health down for everyone (a little bit), and just add increasing health beyond level 100 to prevent over farming for newbies. Most "huge stat" players could finish and fairly easily, and newbies could also finish (albiet with great timing/ some gold) and none would be able to farm 100s to jump up the stat tiers way too fast.

Just an idea.
    Last edited by Kitty McPurr; 04-15-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Post Count
    There's nothing wrong with farming 100s.. it rewards those who are active.. the only thing wrong with last EB was that only the low levels could farm
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with farming 100s.. it rewards those who are active.. the only thing wrong with last EB was that only the low levels could farm
    Sooooo so wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Sooooo so wrong.
    How so? What's wrong with killing a few 100s a day for loot?

Also helps a ton with the syndicate daily goals

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Evan the the killing of 500 lvl 100 bosses is exactly the issue we just experienced...it resulted in the mini accounts surpassing their seniors in stats.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    the level 100 boss should be (reasonably) attainable by all players, since we do need some newer players to fill in the spots of retiring veterans. Endless farming was the real pickle with the last cycle of EB, that and 250+ player not being able to finish (without many vaults). I think an even playing field can be okay (which is what we are getting now), but it is scaled up a little too much for advancement. If Gree implemented a continously increasing EB health beyond lvl 100 it could help with the complaints.

Furthermore, I think scaled modifiers at certain incriments might also help. Say for example a 1% mod at 50 kills, another 1% at 75 killes, and the finale of 3% at 100 kills. It would serve a couple purposes for Gree and Players...if players were struggling early, they can still shoot for A MODIFIER and possibly spend gold to get 50 killls completed, and much more so for 75 kills, and DIEHARDS (true Bruce Willis style) would push for the 100 kill Mods. 5% mod is a reasonable gimme for top players...but 1% or 2% is an achievement for newer/lower players.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Syndicate goals of 300 kills per day is relatively easy with an active/good stat team...over the event it is only 1800 kills. Perhaps adding an elite mode to syndicate daily goals would be nice. Completing the 300 X 5 still fulfills the indy portion with associated mods. The elite syndicate goals could piggyback the "regular syndicate goals" and be (for example) another 300 in each day.and reward NOT stat gaining mods, but other useful "temporary mods", perhaps 30day income bonuses, or 30day energy/stamina bonuses for the syndicate (non-transferable to individual jumpers.) Either way jumpers kills should only count in the syndicate they are in. Don't disallow jumping, just limit where their kills count.

just an idea...
    Last edited by Kitty McPurr; 04-15-2015 at 10:30 PM.

Post Count
    I know.. I said farming in general isn't bad

It was bad how high levels couldn't when low levels could

Other than that being able to farm 500 bosses should be something to congratulate someone on, that takes persistence

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    At least we know who the liberals are on here, the ones expecting everything to be free and not have to be earned!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinguy369 View Post
    At least we know who the liberals are on here, the ones expecting everything to be free and not have to be earned!
    Anyone that is able to farm 500 bosses deserves 500 loot items.. but it's bad that high levels were deprived the opportunity. High levels should've had the opportunity to farm 500 bosses as well

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Gree gave us accomplice's to change the game, and get older player's more active to maintain their attack/defense advantages earned by long time gameplay. Then you could buy accomplices in gamepacks to increase your kingpin and accomplices strength.All the accomplices did was make most players upset with the MAJOR change in gameplay that went over like a lead balloon. OUT WITH ACCOMPLICES.
    Gree then gave us HUGE raid boss strength increase because to many groups were completing epic portion of event by use of jumpers to complete the event, which meant mid level group's couldn't finish the normal level raid boss unless they also used jumpers. MORE COMPLAINT'S.
    Gree then gives us HUGE weapons power boost to try to fix the increase in raid boss strength instead of backing off the raid boss strength screwup Now we have mini monsters with 400+m attack/defense which has upset many players. My main avatar has increased strength by about 200% in last month, and my mini by 400% from their levels before the weapons power boost.
    I loved the game because you didn't have to play to try to be a top 10 or 100 or 250 group to have fun with it. Now everything is so twisted up with the constantly changing game environment, it's becoming difficult to have fun. I'm not a fan of all the MAJOR changes that have happened because they should have been incremental, not instantaneous. I'm going to keep playing the game, but I hope we can get the balance back, even if imperfect, that the game had before all the change's in the last several months.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinguy369 View Post
    That is so laughable its not true. Farming, whether one agrees with it or not, requires a large investment of time so hardly "free".

Try leaving the ridiculous political analogies at the door next time.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Lurker
    Post Count
    Well said!!!!!!!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    That is so laughable its not true. Farming, whether one agrees with it or not, requires a large investment of time so hardly "free".

Try leaving the ridiculous political analogies at the door next time.
    Spoken like a true hippy, go save the rainforest or recycle your sandals or whatever else it is you hippies do.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    Spoken like a true hippy, go save the rainforest or recycle your sandals or whatever else it is you hippies do.
    With no rainforests everything would die of asphyxiation. Suck it up capitalist running dogs!
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"