Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This could either be really good, or really bad

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Beat me to it....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    So I did Google both articles cited in this thread and I have read both of the articles. Both state roughly the same thing. Layoffs between 30 and 60%. Both quote the CEO who tried to put a bow on the news. The gamesbeat author spoke with a community manager and confirmed the layoffs. Also it mentioned the advertising budget of other games - 40m a month. I presume it's the game with the swimsuit model who needs acting lessons but was hired for other attributes.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    The article said that the until rumor of 2/3 was actually 30 percent. The head honcho at gree said their realigning their businesses to develope better customer service and content for their better properties.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    The article said that the until rumor of 2/3 was actually 30 percent. The head honcho at gree said their realigning their businesses to develope better customer service and content for their better properties.
    Where speedie? Do you have some other Gamesbeat article that isn't on Gamesbeat? The one and only article on Gamesbeat doesn't say any of that.......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    And here we hear from a happy (ex) employee on glassdoor...... Hilarious.

I worked at GREE International full-time (Less than a year)

Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    No opinion of CEO
    Pros
    Awesome and talented people (especially engineers). Great perks, benefits, and location.
    Cons
    Clueless management / COO. Lack of project vision. Soul-crushing F2P development focused on squeezing a few extra bucks from the 'whales' without any regard to the quality of the product. So much wasted potential. The future of this company is bleak.
    Advice to Management
    Since you've been doing everything wrong up until this point, try doing the opposite of what your instincts tell you and maybe you will have some success.
    Helpful (5)
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hallelujah.
    A moment of silence for all the great times we've enjoyed on the forum.
    Please, tap a couple times for all the fallen homies, and the great community managers.
    Tap Tap Tap
    Sniff Sniff Snuff
    In your tapping out and your tapping in, may THE GREE be with you.
    Tap 'em if ya wanna, beloved!!!
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Maybe if they fought harder to implement the processes we suggested we would still have the fallen among us. They get no sympathy from me. They were apart of an unsustainable model, we told them so...they even knew it...yet they did not change it. No moment of silence. Good riddens to garbage.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Maybe if they fought harder to implement the processes we suggested we would still have the fallen among us. They get no sympathy from me. They were apart of an unsustainable model, we told them so...they even knew it...yet they did not change it. No moment of silence. Good riddens to garbage.
    while I do agree they had plenty of warning via the forum.. I still feel bad for people like bolt.. he was in tough spot being lied to by his employer and still tried to be as helpful as possible.. I m 98% positive he got in trouble for being so helpful since it didn't help their bottom line right away... those that were trying to make changes I feel for .. those running this game into the ground they get nothing but pity for their sheer stupidity

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Same thing happened to CJ, he was about as good as they've ever had.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by good gawd noooo View Post
    while I do agree they had plenty of warning via the forum.. I still feel bad for people like bolt.. he was in tough spot being lied to by his employer and still tried to be as helpful as possible.. I m 98% positive he got in trouble for being so helpful since it didn't help their bottom line right away... those that were trying to make changes I feel for .. those running this game into the ground they get nothing but pity for their sheer stupidity

Mi amigos, uno momento, por favor. Gracias.

I was referring to our fellow tappers, the ones that suffered, struggled, and endured these last four years with us.
    I threw a bone out to Bolt, Clementine, and Relic; especially Bolt, because they appeared to be trying.
    Alas, we'll never know, because Bolt, Clementine, and Relic could have been three persona's portrayed by one person.

That's my biggest gripe about these so called social "games", you don't know.

That said, unlike some people, I DEW hate to see other people hurting.
    I take no joy in the employees who appear to have lost their jobs.
    I DEW take great comfort in seeing THE GREE reap what its been sowing.

Galatians 6:7 - Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post

I was referring to our fellow tappers, the ones that suffered, struggled, and endured these last four years with us.
    I threw a bone out to Bolt, Clementine, and Relic; especially Bolt, because they appeared to be trying.
    Alas, we'll never know, because Bolt, Clementine, and Relic could have been three persona's portrayed by one person.

That said, unlike some people, I DEW hate to see other people hurting.
    I take no joy in the employees who appear to have lost their jobs.
    I DEW take great comfort in seeing THE GREE reap what its been sowing.

Galatians 6:7 - Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
    If you are bad at your job, you should be removed from your job. I don't like seeing people unfairly removed due to other people's incompetence, I definitely have a big heart but when people screw us over and then get their come upons I have zero sympathies. We told them until we were blue in the face what they were doing was going to land them right here, and all they thought to do was issue us with bans and sanctions.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    If you are bad at your job, you should be removed from your job. I don't like seeing people unfairly removed due to other people's incompetence, I definitely have a big heart but when people screw us over and then get their come upons I have zero sympathies. We told them until we were blue in the face what they were doing was going to land them right here, and all they thought to do was issue us with bans and sanctions.
    Yes, you are correct.

The ones communicating to use, lecturing us, or censoring us actually had no power to effect any change.

it would have been better if we were told, something like this: "Yeah, I like your ideas mate. But, I'm just a small minnow in GREE OCEAN. I'm here to interact with you, but I'm unable to enact or act upon any of your great ideas."

"

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    I guess what this all means is that KYS better hurry up and rally the troops because they aren't going to have too many shots at dethroning SUP.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post

Look up community managers at gree on linked in. You can work out who clem, relic and tadahaa are.

Post Count
    everything working as intended, nothing to see here move along please..... baaaaaaa
    485046391 & 565411567