Dev Notes: Week of December 1, 2014 - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of December 1, 2014

Post Count
    It's nice to finally see some forward movement, but based on some comments about wanting more I feel those needs are misplaced. First and formost the primary issues of players being locked out must be the number one hot button fix, and sadly I believe that the addition of many current features are at the root of the current problems.

All the graphics updated by server pushes is the driving force for high data usage, again people, you want more but the downside is more data usage. Plus the app is severely bloated 2-3gb for documents and data? Really?

And the the question of beta testing, I hope you guys are testing on older devices. In the app store you are still stating that IOS 5 is supported when in fact I know of no players who have downloaded MW 4.5.x on those older devices that can actually access the game. Even those on newer devices are still having issues....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Lurker
    Post Count
    We really need a message all button for leaders. And a co-leader. These are very important.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    To all of you commenting about wanting more........................

...............LESS IS MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    More broken stuff, is more nothing.
    Most people use a cellphone to tap, tap, tappity, tap.
    Do you really believe you can stuff more non-working junk on that cellphone?
    Go ahead, get more, I'm enjoying the show for free.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    Thank you. If you keep this up and take it seriously you may just save the ship before it sinks.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Great post i love the idea.
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I Will Merc You View Post
    The data consumption is currently enormous. Playing MW while using cellular data is simply out of the question.

Will 5.0 address this issue? If not, do you guys on that end think it is something that can be resolved in a future update, or, is it simply a non-issue?
    We have taken several steps to reduce data usage in 5.0, including changes to how our server communicates with the client and updates to advertising SDKs.

We will continue to try to improve our data usage and loading times going forward, but I think these changes should help a lot.

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    Thank you. Can you tell us what the producer does? You manage the actual game development, you are the coder, you are the what? Rather than us try to guess, please tell us what your role is in detail and how your role on the forums will change our experience from clementine and the unpaid useless mods.
    I'm basically the project manager for the game. I manage the schedule and keep track of everyone's workload, along with attending design meetings and working with the community team.

I can't guarantee a specific level of participation in the forums - when I'm here, I'm not working. I'll try to check in now and then, and you'll see me in these threads and in the AMAs.

(Also, you'll note that my replies are coming in bursts -- I'm trying to block out time around other stuff going on here in the office. Please be patient if you don't get a reply right away.)

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Better late than never, I suppose. Now let's see this added to all current Gree titles. At least in some of the other titles there aren't any current issues approaching critical mass... Or is that what it takes to get one of these threads started?
    If this goes well and you guys like it, you might start seeing it for other games, but that's up to the project teams for each game. The producers on both Kingdom Age and Crime City are pretty busy, so I suspect it's going to take a couple iterations of us trying it before they're sold on it as a good idea.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post
    If this goes well and you guys like it, you might start seeing it for other games, but that's up to the project teams for each game. The producers on both Kingdom Age and Crime City are pretty busy, so I suspect it's going to take a couple iterations of us trying it before they're sold on it as a good idea.
    Talking with customers and making them feel like their issues matter is ALWAYS a good idea. Without customers, there's no money, so no need for project managers - or developers

You and the other developers getting active in the communications venue where the players are active is a HUGE step toward keeping us playing the game. So again, thanks.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Talking with customers and making them feel like their issues matter is ALWAYS a good idea. Without customers, there's no money, so no need for project managers - or developers

You and the other developers getting active in the communications venue where the players are active is a HUGE step toward keeping us playing the game. So again, thanks.

Couldn't agree more.

This is a positive move in the right direction. Take that from someone who was just about to quit, though your sudden realisation that communication is what is required has deterred me for the time being.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    R&B, not sure how long you have been aware of this forum, or the player's concerns/suggestions that have filled this forum..

One major complaint/suggestion/issue that MANY if not ALL voices that utilize this forum have mostly agreed on one exact topic; we NEED less or fewer events...more downtime.......or, as crazy as this may sound........a break from the constant money grab.

All that being said, it has become clear to me that of all the mentions made about fewer events/more downtime/an occasional break have fallen on deaf (or defiant) ears.

My question: Why a 7 day WD event?
    My 2nd question: Who had this idea?
    3rd and final question: Whoever had this idea, does that person have any clue that this forum exist.

Please only provide a serious answer, as the issues mentioned above are not recent issues from your players..they are issues that have been here, in this forum, for YEARS. The decision to have a 7 day WD event is a slap in the face, seriously.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I Will Merc You View Post
    The decision to have a 7 day WD event is a slap in the face, seriously.
    A seven day event over one of the major holiday periods (Christmas, Chanukah, New Years, and school break) across the planet, whether one is Baha'i, Confucianist, Christian, Shinto, Sikh, Tao, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, Atheist, Agnostic, Wiccan, Satanist, Buddhist, nothing, or anything.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post
    Most, if not all, of the players who buy gold/gems are "pretty busy" too. That doesn't appear to be an obstacle that prevents them from paying your salaries and stocking your lunch room.

Just saying.

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Most, if not all, of the players who buy gold/gems are "pretty busy" too. That doesn't appear to be an obstacle that prevents them from paying your salaries and stocking your lunch room.

Just saying.
    For what it's worth, being snarky to me isn't going to make the case that the other producers should do this any easier to make.