Easy cheater reporting system idea

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy cheater reporting system idea

Banned
    Post Count

Easy cheater reporting system idea

Apparently the easiest way to identify a cheater is to post something unique on someones wall and tell GREE. I assume they do a search for your exact post on all walls.

I found myself wondering why I was posting something unique instead of something another cheater reporter posts. They would find 2 cheaters with 1 support ticket if I posted the same thing as another cheater reporter.

Why doesn't GREE implement something simple like a popup saying "Post 'abc123abc123' on the wall of any suspected cheaters." If the cheaters try and flood the search system then they will be pointing themselves out. Think "This guy reported 100 cheaters this week. Lets take a look at him." from the support side. GREE can see who posted it and who's wall it went on. If someone repeatedly reports non-cheaters it should be easy to crop their posts out of the results if they aren't cheating, themselves, and easier to find them if they are. Plus it would erase the support ticket build up. They could just scan for abc123abc123 a couple times a week and take a look.

Post Count
    I like it, that would definitely cut support times down significantly. The only problem is, if we use a generic phrase, over time, hackers will learn it. Then, once they see someone posted that on their wall, they have a few days to try to cover their tracks.

Banned
    Post Count
    Do wall posts stay visible to support after they leave news? How many days? How many posts? Anyone here in the know?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gambet1234 View Post
    Do wall posts stay visible to support after they leave news? How many days? How many posts? Anyone here in the know?
    I don't know but I would think forever. It's the internet. Even if you delete something, it is still stored so I'd bet my money that GREE stores ALL wall messages regardless if we delete them from our wall.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Would it be possible to just put a report button in everyone's profile that way when you find a cheater
    All you have to do is go to there profile and click report and then it sends details of that player to gree?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Build a sub-forum called "Report cheaters" and anyone is welcome to post there.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Munch on it View Post
    Would it be possible to just put a report button in everyone's profile that way when you find a cheater
    All you have to do is go to there profile and click report and then it sends details of that player to gree?
    This would definitely get abused

Livin' the #smuglife

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gambet1234 View Post
    Apparently the easiest way to identify a cheater is to post something unique on someones wall and tell GREE. I assume they do a search for your exact post on all walls.
    It doesn't have to be unique. I has to be a post. The actual post content can be anything you want, just be aware that bypassing the language filter is not recommended. Edit: I'm pretty sure they just go directly to your account, check your posts, and find the one you tell them about. Why search everywhere for something when you know where it is?

I found myself wondering why I was posting something unique instead of something another cheater reporter posts. They would find 2 cheaters with 1 support ticket if I posted the same thing as another cheater reporter.
    The only way they could possibly find two cheaters with one support ticket is if you found and reported two actual cheaters in the same ticket. Your ticket has nothing to do with anyone else's ticket. However, if you include the word "cheater" somewhere in the ticket it likely has a way of finding the right inbox. Other key phrases do, so it's not impossible.

Why doesn't GREE implement something simple like a popup saying "Post 'abc123abc123' on the wall of any suspected cheaters." If the cheaters try and flood the search system then they will be pointing themselves out. Think "This guy reported 100 cheaters this week. Lets take a look at him." from the support side. GREE can see who posted it and who's wall it went on. If someone repeatedly reports non-cheaters it should be easy to crop their posts out of the results if they aren't cheating, themselves, and easier to find them if they are. Plus it would erase the support ticket build up. They could just scan for abc123abc123 a couple times a week and take a look.
    Don't bogart that thing dude.
    Last edited by dudeman; 03-11-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Post Count
    Hackers need to be dealt with before they get started which means better security by GREE(DY), that being said any hacker reporting should be kept the way it is now. The "hacker-report-phrase" and button ideas could be used on any rival someone just doesn't like. Maybe there is a stalker someone has, and they hit the report button. Now support has to check this person just because they have better stats then the reporting person. OK maybe it takes 2 or 3 reports before this person gets looked at, maybe even 5 or 10, the number doesn't matter as most of us have multiple accounts, friends, and/or faction members that can report the person as well....

The best solution to hackers is stopping them before they can start.
    As of 3/16/14 5:00am PST:

CC: 817-801-163
    Level: 247
    Mafia: 269
    Attack: 15.9m
    Defense: 15.4m
    IpH: $7.06m
    Fights W/L: 53,996/19,825
    Robs W/L: 124,836/1026

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AFed View Post
    This would definitely get abused
    Not if they do it like COD when if you are found to be abusing the report system then you get banned yourself for being a tool and wasting time

Post Count
    If they're going to go to that kind of trouble to add a popup or filters in the game, they could just make it a one click button.

Syndicates have raised the stakes though. I suspect some teams are reporting tons of cheaters to try to get strong opponents banned.

--

CC: Teg / Level 171 / 79k att / 88k def

Banned
    Post Count
    Gree doesn't look at the hackers anymore, I reported the same guy several times and he never got banned

Consistent Contributor Ghost Recon's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by (CCK) Cam View Post
    Gree doesn't look at the hackers anymore, I reported the same guy several times and he never got banned
    Careful with that. Just because a guy is banned doesn't mean his account is deleted. I've heard that your account isn't deleted, it just lies docile. Probably to give the player a chance to dispute the ban. I'm sure GREE cares very much about hackers.
    Add Me
    Modern War: 184-453-105
    Crime City: 498-695-076

Post Count
    Here's an easier idea:

Have everyone's mafia invite code visible in their public profile. That way when you report a cheater, especially if they have a common name like Alex (or TYLER DURDEN or Indian ), you can just report them using their invite code. GREE wouldn't have to search for comments posted on the suspected cheater's wall or anything like that then.

This would also make adding players to your own mafia easier. Rather than posting your own invite code on someone's wall, you can just send them an invite using their code.
    Blackwidow - Level 200

Banned
    Post Count
    GREE should just develop better tools to find the hackers themselves.

It should be very easy for the GREE developers and software programmers to write simple code to detect obvious cheaters.

1. They could easily catch people with more respect weapons than could be bought based on the Robberies & Attack wins.
    2. They could also catch people with more money than could be generated by the buildings they have, won, or paid for.

They seem to do a pretty good job at catching Gold hackers because that hits their bottom line.