How much $ you spent on this game???

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much $ you spent on this game???

Post Count

How much $ you spent on this game???

Just wondering how much money you guys spent on this game. I seen people with crazy weapons, very nice hood with nice money making buildings. They gotta spend 100, 200, even 1000+.

Personally I spent 20. Not gonna spend anymore. I loveeee cherry blossom, so I got that, and the ice cream store, and chicken and waffles restaurant. The rest I spent on the mass carnage gun. This was way back when I was like lv 40 or something, didn't know about the M4A1 guns. Otherwise I would've saved my gold for more nicer buildings. Wish I have saved for the wedding chapel
    Teach me how to dougie!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    $0

I like to know what I'm paying for. With BG agencies giving a fraction of the stated worth and other unknowns, I'm holding out. I think I'd spend about $10 though if I knew what I was actually getting in return.

I have a love/hate with funzio. It unplayable on the iPad 1 and a joy on the iPad 2. I like some of the gold items but it's annoying knowing that someone with thousands to drop will be in an untouchable position. I would like it if someone who spent very little money in game could still compete at the top with enough time spent hitting that goal.
    DCjG - HTC
    Crime City ---- 658 914 238
    Modern War -- 523 560 575
    Kingdom Age - 463 475 134

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think I spent $5 and got 2 ice cream stores and 2 smoke shops. Seemed like a good investment for how much revenue they produce. I've really slowed down at level 88 right now as I didn't upgrade the right buildings early to generate a good hourly income. I now TOTALLY understand the "leveling up too fast" theory.
    I -LOVE- Twinkies btw.

Post Count
    This is a long-standing discussion in the game. Sometimes it is the subject of demeaning comments or jealousy, other times it is the subject of almost religious-style attacks and denial.

Look, life is like this... people have $$ and wish to spend it. That's it. If I spend a couple hundred towards cigarettes, no one is the wiser and judges. If I spend a couple hundred on a game, well - then people get mad, say things, act judgmental. Jeez. It's like owning a Pinto and chastizing someone driving a Porsche. If you love that Pinto, drive it like it's stolen. If not, why drive it? Work yourself to a position to buy the Porsche. But don't be a hater.

In the end, it is all fiat currency anyway - do you all realize that? It is nothing, made from thin air. Numbers in a database, x's and o's. Nada.
    known as "rocko" around these parts
    870 849 326

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarelibra View Post
    This is a long-standing discussion in the game. Sometimes it is the subject of demeaning comments or jealousy, other times it is the subject of almost religious-style attacks and denial.

Look, life is like this... people have $$ and wish to spend it. That's it. If I spend a couple hundred towards cigarettes, no one is the wiser and judges. If I spend a couple hundred on a game, well - then people get mad, say things, act judgmental. Jeez. It's like owning a Pinto and chastizing someone driving a Porsche. If you love that Pinto, drive it like it's stolen. If not, why drive it? Work yourself to a position to buy the Porsche. But don't be a hater.

In the end, it is all fiat currency anyway - do you all realize that? It is nothing, made from thin air. Numbers in a database, x's and o's. Nada.
    Wow! You really took to the defence. There hasn't been a negative thing said in THIS post about spending money on the game. Clearly you have taken an emotional stand on this topic. LOL!

Post Count
    $0

I'm not against the idea but I wanted to see how far I could push growing a competitive economy versus players who had an advantage in both time and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
    I -LOVE- Twinkies btw.
    Better get 'em fast; Hostess declared bankruptcy again.

Post Count
    Wow! You really took to the defence. There hasn't been a negative thing said in THIS post about spending money on the game. Clearly you have taken an emotional stand on this topic. LOL!
    LOL - sorry, dude, but not emotion. What does it matter, anyway? Why compare - and to what?

There are some on here that have spent thousands... including some involved in the big war. So what. The only winner there is Funzio.
    870 849 326

Banned
    Post Count
    $250 total over the past 6 months, but $100 of that was "free" b/c it was from itunes gift cards I got as gifts.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    There are always the few (ok, A LOT) who like to brag about how much they have accomplished WITHOUT spending any money. They are usually the same ones who cry when they are beat up by someone who DID spend money.
    I spent $5 on Crime City and I am happy. I spent $125 on Modern War and I am MOSTLY happy... Funzio needs to work a few things out.
    End result... I could have played BOTH of these games a lot smarter and be a lot wealthier/stronger. I've learned along the way. As you said, money spent or not, it only matters to he/she who spent it

Post Count
    There are always the few (ok, A LOT) who like to brag about how much they have accomplished WITHOUT spending any money. They are usually the same ones who cry when they are beat up by someone who DID spend money.
    I spent $5 on Crime City and I am happy. I spent $125 on Modern War and I am MOSTLY happy... Funzio needs to work a few things out.
    End result... I could have played BOTH of these games a lot smarter and be a lot wealthier/stronger. I've learned along the way. As you said, money spent or not, it only matters to he/she who spent it
    Now that is one game (Modern War) that I would NEVER spend money on. You constantly lose what you try to build (I know, gold units are indestructible - ever wonder why?).
    870 849 326

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's all relative. On the one hand you might justify the amount spent vs. other apps. On the other, you might treat it like an entertainment budget in Vegas.
    DCjG - HTC
    Crime City ---- 658 914 238
    Modern War -- 523 560 575
    Kingdom Age - 463 475 134

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarelibra View Post

U mad?

You seem like someone who has spent hundreds and are as a whole, unhappy about what you see your money turn to. Either a greater economy or a stronger CC character capable of retrieving fake money off another persons character.

When it comes down to it, CC is a free game where gold gives an advantage. Sometimes significant, but I think mostly just to gain that extra 'edge'.

I've never spent a cent on this game, but I spose I intend to. Im lvl 110 and have an hourly income of 85k p/h, but like the look of the chappels, taverns and rock cafes.

I play this just as much as my ps3, so why not fork out $20-$50?

BTW - I think $50 is max. People like yourself may try to drag out the argument of a car or whatever, but look, we don't start life with a FREE car which we are able to upgrade with money (ALA crime city + gold). And it IS just an APP from the app store, a FREE app. At the most, for games from the store, the average person is probably tentative to pay over $5 for an app unless it promises to be unreal. Hence - It justifys people suggesting others who have spent $100's on crime city are either ill or addicted - BADLY.

I see both sides of the arguement. But I don't see the side of those who blow a lot of money, irrespective of their relative incomes and lifestyles.
    Crime city mafia code: 496 285 384. On all the time - wan't max mafia members. Add me!

Post Count
    ive spent around about 20 bucks total.
    seeya wouldnt wanna be ya!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have 2 Questions:
    1) Durantular, how did you get your income to $85k/h without spending gold? You must have spent a lot of time with lots of patience upgrading lofts etc? I am finding it a struggle pushing the $40k/h limit without gold.
    Anyone else with good advise?

2) For gold buildings, if there is 1 building that is worth the bang for the buck, what would it be? I am eyeing the Pirate Tavern at lvl 113 with 110 gold... that looks like a game-changer to me, but the upgrades beyond level 2 doesnt look attractive. And it would involve a lot of app downloads from tapjoy to get that amount of gold so I may spend my first real $$ (or fiat currency as Rarelibra would have it) to speed up the process. Again any suggestions?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TemplarX View Post
    I have 2 Questions:
    1) Durantular, how did you get your income to $85k/h without spending gold? You must have spent a lot of time with lots of patience upgrading lofts etc? I am finding it a struggle pushing the $40k/h limit without gold.
    Anyone else with good advise?

2) For gold buildings, if there is 1 building that is worth the bang for the buck, what would it be? I am eyeing the Pirate Tavern at lvl 113 with 110 gold... that looks like a game-changer to me, but the upgrades beyond level 2 doesnt look attractive. And it would involve a lot of app downloads from tapjoy to get that amount of gold so I may spend my first real $$ (or fiat currency as Rarelibra would have it) to speed up the process. Again any suggestions?
    Started with the basics - Houses to lvl 10 straight away. Pawn shops, courts, warehouses and gunshops - All easy, guaranteed collection times. Italian restaurants and barbershops, followed. I always make sure I have something upgrading at all times, it's been that way for like 60 days now lol.

Laundromats should creep to lvl 10 when you're out of cash from upgrading, and getting $826 every 5 minutes helps a lot. Then come cinemas and lofts - upgraded to lvl 2 ASAP. Internet companies and brownstones for their easy collection times.. Soon enough you're making a lot, to get domincans to lvl 4, brownstones and internets to lvl 2, upscale clubs.. Then a few random buildings to fill out the space. I've currently got my lofts on lvl 5 and cinemas on 6.

OH and by the way - I DON'T buy weapons or complete the job list. I'm currently doing the job on the 2nd last map, 5x325 energy for 60-115k.

Edit: I don't have any defence buildings either. I figure I'll get broken into anyway. I collect my buildings on time so it's not of any real concern.
    Crime city mafia code: 496 285 384. On all the time - wan't max mafia members. Add me!