GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: It's Baaaack! Monster data usage

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

It's Baaaack! Monster data usage

Just thought I'd give a heads up to everyone to keep an eye on your data usage if you regularly play on your data plan as opposed to wifi. I'm pretty good about it and didn't get dinged, but I did just look at my wifi logs for last month an MW used a whopping 3.4gb. In comparison, CoC used less than 100mb. I don't check the logs often, so I don't know how long it's been an issue, but I do know it was fixed for at least a little while. I
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Banned
    Post Count
    That's crazy! Thank you for the heads up��

Post Count
    I use 3-4g quite a few times a day for MW (sad I know) I just looked at my mobile data MW current 1.3g but last time the stats on iPhone were reset was 29Sep15 so not issue for me in UK on 5s
    485046391 & 565411567

Banned
    Post Count
    I look at my data use on iPad and it goes from 150 mb to 500 mb every 2 or 3 days. I just delete app and reinstall every few days and it helps on lag and crashing. But other than that the game is getting unplayable.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    Just thought I'd give a heads up to everyone to keep an eye on your data usage if you regularly play on your data plan as opposed to wifi. I'm pretty good about it and didn't get dinged, but I did just look at my wifi logs for last month an MW used a whopping 3.4gb. In comparison, CoC used less than 100mb. I don't check the logs often, so I don't know how long it's been an issue, but I do know it was fixed for at least a little while. I

D A M N !!!!!! I just deleted MW and KA and reinstalled them and I just free up 3.5GB on my iphone 5

Post Count
    Hi data usage started up at least 1 month ago about the time we bloated up with the app.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Just to be clear, I am not talking about the amount of space the app is taking up on devices, but rather how much data is going back and forth between the device and the GREE servers. On wifi it's generally not an issue, but when on your cell providers data plan it's enough to put you over monthly limits just by using that one single app. It very well my have started a while ago. I don't often check how much anything is using while on wifi.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Just to be clear, I am not talking about the amount of space the app is taking up on devices, but rather how much data is going back and forth between the device and the GREE servers. On wifi it's generally not an issue, but when on your cell providers data plan it's enough to put you over monthly limits just by using that one single app. It very well my have started a while ago. I don't often check how much anything is using while on wifi.
    correct, MW is only about 250+ MB on size, yet my usage and room used by the app was 2.8GB (data and other stuff that gets collected by the app and uses room on the device) along with the amount of data back and forth like you mentioned

Post Count
    Yes, my data usage doubled a bit over a month ago. It seemed to correspond to the session errors cropping up so feels like the app looses it's connection then does a full resync when reconnecting. Either way I don't play via cell anymore because of this just wifi.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Mines used 18.3 GB this month. Everything loads in this game...crates... Maps... Units... Flipping everything it seems that and the greespyware uploading our data etc