Changes to the Gold Bonus Program

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to the Gold Bonus Program

Post Count

Changes to the Gold Bonus Program

Now that its nerfed...

Lets hear people B&M! Bring on the retirement threads!

Edit: I'd get banned for posting the announcement email (dumb rule, I know). Instead, I'll post this link, which says the same thing...so could probably get me B&, too: http://greegam.es/CCBonusProgram
    Last edited by mxz; 10-09-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    New gold bonus tiers:
    • $500 = 2,500
    • $1,000 = 5,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    • $2,000 = 20,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    • $3,000 = 45,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    • $5,000 = 125,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    • $10,000 = 250,000 + event level equivalent exclusive item

Technically they're disinflating the value of gold, which is a good thing, but no one likes receiving less for the same amount of money.

Consistent Contributor Dr Girlfriend's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm guessing that somehow Gree makes more money when people retire? Only way this makes sense.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Girlfriend View Post
    I'm guessing that somehow Gree makes more money when people retire? Only way this makes sense.
    Maybe they get a cut from the eBay commissions?
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Absolute joke gree this new gold bonus is ridiclous...keep shooting yourself In the foot

Banned
    Post Count
    Not really. People still will buy. So just means profits go up.

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hey guys, we expected a lot of people to be angry about this. It was either make the changes or remove the program entirely, so we went with this. Keep in mind that it's a courtesy program we don't have to run at all, and we give out free stuff. Anyone that enrolled agreed to us making changes at any time.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    New gold bonus tiers:
    • $500 = 2,500
    • $1,000 = 5,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    • $2,000 = 20,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    • $3,000 = 45,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    • $5,000 = 125,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
    • $10,000 = 250,000 + event level equivalent exclusive item

Technically they're disinflating the value of gold, which is a good thing, but no one likes receiving less for the same amount of money.
    Actually what they're doing is nerfing the $1,000 and $2,000 gold tiers (they also added a $3,000 tier, but the bonus is worse than the old $2,000 tier). Does not seem like a good way to win over customers...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    Hey guys, we expected a lot of people to be angry about this. It was either make the changes or remove the program entirely, so we went with this. Keep in mind that it's a courtesy program we don't have to run at all, and we give out free stuff. Anyone that enrolled agreed to us making changes at any time.
    Words of wisdom, right here. "Less is more"

See guys, they're doing you a favor by taking things away.
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Banned
    Post Count
    Best tough sh*t f you from a mod so far.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    with stat inflation and loot items getting stronger and stronger i wonder how "good" the crate level equivelant exclusive item will be? any mods on it A&F?
    Silent Assassins

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Girlfriend View Post
    You're not far off. A game like this will stagnate because new players will never be able to overcome a 2+ year head start. Would you jump in and start spending gold when you see an insurmountable gap between you and all the strong players? It just encourages free play or no new players at all. To get past this, they have to one of a few things:

1) Inflate stats. Make it easier for new players to catch up to old players.
    2) Start over periodically. Declare a "winner" and let everyone start again on even footing.
    3) Encourage old players to quit or discourage people from playing really long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    What do you mean it was this or take it away? I don't care because the game has been uninstalled from my phone for awhile now, but I'm calling BS on this one.
    I NO LONGER PLAY CC

RETIRED FROM INDIAN NATION

My teepee still has the new teepee smell.

LOLGREE

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Keep in mind that it's a courtesy program we don't have to run at all, and we give out free stuff.
    Isn't this like saying airlines are doing flyers a favor (out of the goodness of their heart, mind you) by handing out frequent flier miles? Yes, it's a courtesy program that they don't have to offer - but if they stopped the program alltogether they'd lose a huge portion of their largest, most valuable (read: highest spending) customers.

Consistent Contributor Dr Girlfriend's Avatar
    Post Count
    The only reason I bought gold was because of the bonus program. This is the second time it's been downgraded since I first signed up, and this one is a serious slashing.

But seriously, the idea that you'd somehow have to scrap the system or change it is a joke. As is the idea that you're "giving away free stuff," when it's pixilated gold bars we're talking about here. It's costs you nothing to give them away. Changing the system for the worse -again- is going to cost you customers, though.