happy members.. - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: happy members..

Post Count
    Understood about trolling, bullying and attacking others.

But why eliminate anything that is fun or funny as well?

We play games for fun. As soon as I see any hint of fun on a thread here, I know it's immediately going to be shut down.

That is really and truly unusual.

If people are having fun here, why shut it down? That does not make any sense to me at all on a forum about a game we play. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it.

Fascinating

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I.m with max power on this one.. I used to read this forum every day but I haven't been on in months cos of the over moderating lately.
    Fyi new mods stop deleting threads and rewriting peoples comments.
    Oh and cc is crashing every 10 seconds on my android. . Fix it please.

Post Count
    I really don't care what rules you have, but I hate arbitrary enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post

On a regular basis the Community Management staff receives PMs from community members thanking us for trying to clean up the forums, and for trying to remove the negativity. We also receive messages from community members who ask us to do more, to come down harder on the "trolls". They feel as though they can not participate in the community for fear of being attacked, or bullied. This is not acceptable. This is what we are working to change.
    Thank you for your efforts to clean up trolling and bullying on this forum. One of the posts in this thread is a great example of why some new members do not feel comfortable participating, and it is perplexing why some are sanctioned and others are not for such bullying.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnson View Post
    Understood about trolling, bullying and attacking others.

But why eliminate anything that is fun or funny as well?

We play games for fun. As soon as I see any hint of fun on a thread here, I know it's immediately going to be shut down.

That is really and truly unusual.

If people are having fun here, why shut it down? That does not make any sense to me at all on a forum about a game we play. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it.

Fascinating
    Fun can of course be had, and we do want it to be had. However fun should never consist of attacking, insulting, or bullying others. Nor should it come at the expense of others feeling safe and comfortable.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion24 View Post
    I.m with max power on this one.. I used to read this forum every day but I haven't been on in months cos of the over moderating lately.
    Fyi new mods stop deleting threads and rewriting peoples comments.
    Oh and cc is crashing every 10 seconds on my android. . Fix it please.
    As I stated in my response, we will continue to crack down on certain behaviors, including swearing and insults. A user's post is only ever edited if it breaks the Code of Conduct. And threads that are duplicates, or can not be edited to be appropriate and within the CoC will be removed. As will threads that have spiraled into nothing but inflammatory attacks.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I really don't care what rules you have, but I hate arbitrary enforcement.
    We will continue to enforce to the best of our capabilities. We have a small team of Mods and a small Community Management team. We are unable to be here 24-7 (as much as we would like to be), and some things will get through from time to time.

If a user continues to break the CoC, we will come down harder on that user than someone who breaks the CoC for the first time.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Post Count
    lol, one of my fav episodes!

"eep!"

Post Count
    I lol'd, weasel.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    With 30 years experience I am very surprised that Clementine does not realize how counterproductive heavy moderation has on a community.

I could create a software program that moderates this forum with more nuance than the sledgehammer moderation that goes on here daily.
    Common sense just isn't that common.
    Always Famous......

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandukan View Post
    With 30 years experience I am very surprised that Clementine does not realize how counterproductive heavy moderation has on a community.

I could create a software program that moderates this forum with more nuance than the sledgehammer moderation that goes on here daily.
    Common sense just isn't that common.
    I just explained why we are taking this approach. Please take a moment to read again.

Post Count
    Well, Clem, we have been heard. Better no traffic than bad traffic I guess. Sadly, that often means throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Now that you know where we are coming from, I won't bring it up anymore, I will just assume the present level of moderation is what you want and what it will be moving forward.

Best of luck in all your ventures.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    I just explained why we are taking this approach. Please take a moment to read again.
    I read what you wrote and appreciate that you want to create an inviting environment for everyone. But clearly by the forum traffic your actions have accomplished quite the opposite of what you intended.

When I trained individuals in crisis management and conflict resolution in the workplace the predominant factor that dictated implementation of any solution strategy was impact on company goal and objectives.
    Once a strategy was implemented real world testing required that we be flexible enough to course correct.

You seem to have made a decision on how to proceed and refuse to adjust even when faced with overwhelming evidence suggesting your methods are flawed.
    Always Famous......

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandukan View Post
    When I trained individuals in crisis management and conflict resolution in the workplace the predominant factor that dictated implementation of any solution strategy was impact on company goal and objectives.
    Once a strategy was implemented real world testing required that we be flexible enough to course correct.

You seem to have made a decision on how to proceed and refuse to adjust even when faced with overwhelming evidence suggesting your methods are flawed.
    The rules are as cut and dry as possible. Your company based strategy might work for inter-office politics but when you apply it to the general public they tend to break the rules, then those rules will be enforced. Not sure how forum Code of Conduct can apply to company goals and objectives as they tend to be another entity entirely. Sure we all strive for better communication and understanding, but that will only go as far when others will abide by those standards.

Users got their warning and infractions but choose to not follow those rules and will end up being banned, as some users stated before that they could care less about those rules. Tread carefully.