GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, this is very strange!!!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Lightbulb Okay, this is very strange!!!

I have a couple of accounts that I've been using to test a theory.
    My theory is that accounts can increase DEFENSE, but not OFFENSE.
    So far, so bad.

BOTH accounts have had tremendous growth of their DEFENSE.

Meanwhile, BOTH accounts have barely moved their ATTACK.

You might want to test that theory yourself, mate!!!!
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I noticed a similar thing. I had to reboot my tablet and thought I lost all my accounts. But it gave me an extra one lol. But my newbie getting loads of defensive but offence is going up slow. Maybe it's what GREE want. Newbies to get loads of defensive stats.

Banned
    Post Count
    My attack stays barely move anymore compared to my defense. It is very lopsided.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Dusted off that level 5 account I had to create when I upgrade my phone 6 weeks ago, and pushed it to level 14. So far, stats are pretty even.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    I have a couple of accounts that I've been using to test a theory.
    My theory is that accounts can increase DEFENSE, but not OFFENSE.
    So far, so bad.

BOTH accounts have had tremendous growth of their DEFENSE.

Meanwhile, BOTH accounts have barely moved their ATTACK.

You might want to test that theory yourself, mate!!!!

Brilliant observation. This makes sense. I look at all my boost %s. The
    total AMT of my attack and defense by percentage points is almost the same. But if I look at by actual stats defense is almost 4 times higher.

You have really stumbled on to something.

Question is. Why they do this?
    Last edited by thescondo; 12-19-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    Enjoy the ride. Just enjoy the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] Dredd View Post
    This is working as intended, the week two tokens build on the week one amount.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by thescondo View Post
    total AMT of my attack and defense by percentage points is almost the same. But if I look at by actual stats defense is almost 4 times higher.

It could be several things, maybe a combination of them all.

Increase defense stats, decrease attacks stats, people will DEW whatever THEGREE mandates, because the ability to raid is limited.

It might be what I've thought for years, stats are fake and what you see ain't what you get.

Bored hands will stop tapping. Gotta keep 'em engaged, gotta keep 'em tapping.

If tappers realize there never was a social aspect, those tappers are inclined to quit, stop spending, stop tapping.

When tappers no longer care, the game soon ceases to exist.

The heavily invested, long time tappers were whining about little pipsqueaks attacking them and "stealing" their FAKE loot. This is one way to satisfy the old school tappers.

THEGREE might have lost all control, and no one will ever know.

I bet others have ideas, too.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Post Count
    I have thought for at least a year that something was strange. My attack barely budges. Who knows with free in sure it's broke and working as intended. And the only two things that can be broke and working as intended us Gree and politics.

Post Count
    Could it be an attempt to try and 'keep' tappers tapping? Yeah I know considering how screwed up everything else is this seems rather pointless but could it be that they are trying to skew things so that weaker players don't quit because they are getting farmed into oblivion?

The other unrelated thing, skill points. They do not appear to have fixed the glitch I discovered with point allocations a couple of years ago. Had wondered when they let us reset our skill points if they fixed it but doesn't look like it based on the acoounts I experimented with. Seems that some folks attacking the test accounts set up a specific way keep getting interesting results.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I might have stumbled across something. It's the first time I have recycled any units ever. And on my main account i noticed that I had lower stat units attached when I had higher units free. For instances unit 30 mill attack 25 mill defence available not attached and 10 mill attack 15 mill defence attached. So that could be why stats are messed up.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by levelhead View Post
    I might have stumbled across something. It's the first time I have recycled any units ever. And on my main account i noticed that I had lower stat units attached when I had higher units free. For instances unit 30 mill attack 25 mill defence available not attached and 10 mill attack 15 mill defence attached. So that could be why stats are messed up.

That makes sense.
    A tapper has no idea just which units are played.
    SUMTING VEWWY WONG FO SHO.

"

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Cool I've discovered the TRUTH.

My research has unveiled the truth behind the CURRENT stat situation.

When your DEFENSIVE stats increase by 3%, for example, that's TRUE.

However, when your ATTACK stats increase by 4%, for example, that's false.

DEFENSE stats increase are REDUCED by moving the decimal point TWO places to the left.

Thus, rather than using .04 for 4%, .0004 is used, increasing stats by much less than they should be.

I think this is being done in an attempt to control stat inflation.

YMMV....

"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by thescondo View Post

Could it be because of the gold defense buildings. There's 5 I believe. Two gauss cannons, whatever the newest ones are called, and the old gold factory one. The bonuses add up to 80%, 80%, 20%, 30%, and 20% respectively. Those bonuses are added across the board for all units in your army. Yes granted, there are the other gold buildings that do: air, ground etc etc but those bonuses are only add led to the attack of that unit. I checked and didn't see a spot for "alliance defense" only alliance attack. Maybe everyone just had higher alliance defense thanks to those buildings??? Not to mention the other alliance defense units you get through out the game.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fatbodychris View Post
    Could it be because of the gold defense buildings. There's 5 I believe. Two gauss cannons, whatever the newest ones are called, and the old gold factory one. The bonuses add up to 80%, 80%, 20%, 30%, and 20% respectively. Those bonuses are added across the board for all units in your army. Yes granted, there are the other gold buildings that do: air, ground etc etc but those bonuses are only add led to the attack of that unit. I checked and didn't see a spot for "alliance defense" only alliance attack. Maybe everyone just had higher alliance defense thanks to those buildings??? Not to mention the other alliance defense units you get through out the game.

Yes, those gold defense buildings play a part.
    But, I've tested characters with ALL defense buildings, and characters without any defense buildings.
    The difference is a greater delta between attack and defense stats.
    That makes sense.

Overall, all characters attack doesn't grow at the massive rate defense grows.

I now believe this was done to limit attacking, driving the majority of lemmings, err tappers to DEW THEGREE mandated social events, while discouraging rogue or single tappers.

More money from the herd animals, than the smaller pack or lone wolf animals.

"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yes, those gold defense buildings play a part.
    But, I've tested characters with ALL defense buildings, and characters without any defense buildings.
    The difference is a greater delta between attack and defense stats.
    That makes sense.

Overall, all characters attack doesn't grow at the massive rate defense grows.

I now believe this was done to limit attacking, driving the majority of lemmings, err tappers to DEW THEGREE mandated social events, while discouraging rogue or single tappers.

More money from the herd animals, than the smaller pack or lone wolf animals.
    Do you have proof like screen shots you can post? Maybe showing bonuses and stat difference.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbodychris View Post
    Do you have proof like screen shots you can post? Maybe showing bonuses and stat difference.
    I have all boost building at 20% except for the original that top off at 10%

Here are the total of all my boosts:
    Enjoy the ride. Just enjoy the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by [PM] Dredd View Post
    This is working as intended, the week two tokens build on the week one amount.