It's time for change! - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's time for change!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    What those people need to do is stop trying to claim some kind of special status based on sexual orientation. Most intelligent and rational individuals don't care about such things that have no effect on them personally. However, when people have a very in-your-face attitude about needing to be special because they are "different", it's annoying whatever the reason for it is. Bragging about it to people who could not care less invites harassment on themselves. Too busy flamboyantly shoving it in people's faces to even realize, and then they blame others for becoming tired of it and expressing their opinion.

Not to mention this game and forum take place on the internet, where someone's gender is largely irrelevent let alone what gender they like to get freaky with.
    Couldn't have been stated better. 99.999% of us do not really know or interact with each other in RL. Its the virtual world, and even if in real life its no ones business what we do behind closed doors. I really don't see the need or reason to push our "preferences" for what we do in private on a public gaming forum anyway. Also, I respect all people alike, regardless of their sexual preferences or personal life style.

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    I don't see this as 'Push Preferences', but it seems like a group of individuals that don't harass each other. I have encountered groups where they use Gay as a derogatory slang. Hopefully people can stop using gay references as hate speech/derogatory.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    I don't see this as 'Push Preferences', but it seems like a group of individuals that don't harass each other. I have encountered groups where they use Gay as a derogatory slang. Hopefully people can stop using gay references as hate speech/derogatory.
    Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing. People should be less concerned with trying to tell people what they can or cannot say and more concerned with how they react to what has been said. After all, your reaction is within your control and not anyone else's.

If someone says something in a derrogatory way, taking offence is a complete waste of time. Just realize that the person who is "being offensive" is doing so either out of ignorance, carelessness, or is looking for a specific reaction because they enjoy being a jerk. This applies to anything, not just discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Post Count
    What those people need to do is stop trying to claim some kind of special status based on sexual orientation. Most intelligent and rational individuals don't care about such things that have no effect on them personally. However, when people have a very in-your-face attitude about needing to be special because they are "different", it's annoying whatever the reason for it is. Bragging about it to people who could not care less invites harassment on themselves. Too busy flamboyantly shoving it in people's faces to even realize, and then they blame others for becoming tired of it and expressing their opinion.

Not to mention this game and forum take place on the internet, where someone's gender is largely irrelevent let alone what gender they like to get freaky with.
    Most people are not intelligent or rational.

Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    Just to be clear, is this a syndicate that will be discriminating applicants based on sexual orientation?
    LOL....ironic, no?

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    Not that long ago, gay meant happy. You can't change the meaning of a word and them tell me I can't use it anymore. Well, you can try, anyway....

Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing. People should be less concerned with trying to tell people what they can or cannot say and more concerned with how they react to what has been said. After all, your reaction is within your control and not anyone else's.

If someone says something in a derrogatory way, taking offence is a complete waste of time. Just realize that the person who is "being offensive" is doing so either out of ignorance, carelessness, or is looking for a specific reaction because they enjoy being a jerk. This applies to anything, not just discrimination based on sexual orientation.
    Lotta truth in this. This stuff is only hurtful if you take it seriously, and a lotta people have started to take it pretty seriously lately. When someone says something racist, I feel sorry for them.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    You can't say a damn thing these days before being called 'racist' or an '*******' (sorry for the language before banning me lmao). I mean, if I say I don't care about the 'gay-hate' I will probably be called a 'gay-hater' or 'homophob'... these days you can't have an opinion on a subject.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Most people are not intelligent or rational.
    True, but I never said most people are intelligent/rational. I said of the ones who are, even being intelligent and rational doesn't prevent some from caring about or prying into stuff that's none of their business.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
    I mean, if I say I don't care about the 'gay-hate' I will probably be called a 'gay-hater' or 'homophob'... these days you can't have an opinion on a subject.
    I suppose there's an argument that could be made at some level that abject indifference to the plight of another person does not mean you "hate" them, but it's an awfully fine line to draw... "I don't care about puppy mills, but I don't hate dogs" Yeah... I'd probably call you a dog hater.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Master of Musings
    Post Count

I hope you'll reconsider what you said elsewhere in the light of this post...

People who win at the special olympics have something to brag about too. It doesn't change certain facts though.
    Every time I see this (and sadly it's too often) it makes me feel sick. Why casually dismiss people just because they have a mental disability?
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post

Every time I see this (and sadly it's too often) it makes me feel sick. Why casually dismiss people just because they have a mental disability?
    The Special Olympics is more about physical disabilities, and I agree, I am sick/bored with it.

1997 called, they want their material back.

Post Count
    Oh no you DI'NT!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

I haven't casually dismissed you. Sorry if you feel that way.

Post Count
    True, but I never said most people are intelligent/rational. I said of the ones who are, even being intelligent and rational doesn't prevent some from caring about or prying into stuff that's none of their business.
    Can I count on you to help build this gay syndicate?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    The Special Olympics is more about physical disabilities, and I agree, I am sick/bored with it.
    Now that's something I thought was the case in US terminology, but when I googled it, Special Olympics came up as an organisation helping those with mental disabilities through sport. It's the Paralympics is for (mostly) physical disabilities.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Banned
    Post Count

Because Weasel, on a relative scale, is a worthless person. There are good, kind people in this world. People who make humanity better. Weasel isn't one of them.

Post Count
    Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

Voted 2014 People's choice "Best Recruiter" on Kakao.
    It's never too late to be a Molly,
    Interview Today!!!! 393025085

Pecs in effect. I know you hatin'.