Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: Fba, dk

Fba, dk

I keep hearing that dk is such a strong, huge, biggest alliance
    My question is: if that is the case, why bother to dress fba at all?
    Isn't that like saying:" sorry, we are so weeeeak, we could not beat u at all.
    Maybe next time, in the meantime, let me show u my weak armors; because my "strong" armors are worthless against yours. I am such a coward and I am sooooooo proud of it".
    A member of Beastmode Gods Line ID: ntnook

"matched up stripping": weaker armors == less hits to take down == more gems per hour
    "defensive stripping": points denying is one of the few strategic things to do in battles; if defensive stripping is better/easier at that than rotating strong armors all hour long, then that's the way to go...

It's up to Gree to block strategies if they see them as bad for the game.

(in my retirement guild I always hope the opposing GM is AFK, so I can more easily farm milestone points; other than maybe your own pride, there's zero incentive to ever fight a close, hard battle, since that will just be lost points.)
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

But even if the GM wears only bronze armor, it's possible to get 555 points or maybe even more. Not a very good defense against being AFK...

That's one of the most tiresome aspects of these endless and rigged wars - if the GM has to sleep or work, the rest of the guild almost doesn't face a chance to win.
    Last edited by roookey1; 08-25-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    But even if the GM wears only bronze armor, it's possible to get 555 points or maybe even more. Not a very good defense against being AFK...
    I don't think it is possible anymore with the new update

FB stripping is the most cowardly thing a GM can do in this game. It's basically just admitting that you are a weakling and have crappy armors. I've been very vocal within my alliance about this garbage strategy, but there are people who still choose to wuss out and put on FB. Well, that's one of the many things about this game that rubs me the wrong way and one of the many contributing factors for me quitting the game very soon.
    Rushka Empire [Android]

Currently recruiting: Level 100+
    Officer Rank: N/A
    Line ID: scabitron

Quote Originally Posted by nicktran111467 View Post
    I keep hearing that dk is such a strong, huge, biggest alliance
    My question is: if that is the case, why bother to dress fba at all?
    Isn't that like saying:" sorry, we are so weeeeak, we could not beat u at all.
    Maybe next time, in the meantime, let me show u my weak armors; because my "strong" armors are worthless against yours. I am such a coward and I am sooooooo proud of it".
    Of course you're saying this being part of 3D Alliance being against DK Empire and all but it's not like 3D Alliance doesn't do this.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

It is a really annoying tactic but it depends who it's being done against. If a GM is going to sleep does it or if all the hc's and higher do it, I think that's just dumb and they're probably just bad at the game. If a guild from alliance A matches a guild from alliance B, and guild B is fighting for #1 or #3 spot, I could understand guild A having everyone strip to one fba.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    It is a really annoying tactic but it depends who it's being done against. If a GM is going to sleep does it or if all the hc's and higher do it, I think that's just dumb and they're probably just bad at the game. If a guild from alliance A matches a guild from alliance B, and guild B is fighting for #1 or #3 spot, I could understand guild A having everyone strip to one fba.
    I agree. I hate the 1 FBA as well but in terms of strategy to deny points to opposing guild, it's very effective
    Guild: World Dragons
    Line: wowo1522

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    Of course you're saying this being part of 3D Alliance being against DK Empire and all but it's not like 3D Alliance doesn't do this.
    nope. bmg is no longer a part of 3D. we are indy. and this is my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    "the game" is having more points than others after those 72(?) hours so denying points as much as possible from any guild that could potentially be a contender for your (or an allied guild's) rank at the end is just logical. Blame Gree's crappy war mechanics for making such an odd move the optimal thing to do...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

nope. bmg is no longer a part of 3D. we are indy. and this is my personal opinion.
    So why was it directed at DK Empire when there are so many other alliances (not an Empire like DK Empire) you could've directed this at like the 3D Alliance or kept this general like "some Alliances" or "other Alliances" but instead this was against the DK Empire? There were hints of jealousy in the first sentence of the very first post (that you posted) so this was clearly biased against the DK Empire.
    Last edited by Ant venom; 08-28-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    "the game" is having more points than others after those 72(?) hours so denying points as much as possible from any guild that could potentially be a contender for your (or an allied guild's) rank at the end is just logical. Blame Gree's crappy war mechanics for making such an odd move the optimal thing to do...
    Just annoying when my guild does a casual run and we face these types of people.
    no

So why was it directed at DK Empire when there are so many other alliances (not an Empire like DK Empire) you could've directed this at like the 3D Alliance or kept this general like "some Alliances" or "other Alliances" but instead this was against the DK Empire? There were hints of jealousy in the first sentence of the very first post (that you posted) so this was clearly biased against the DK Empire.
    Not being jealous. Just stated my own opinion. I don't know about other allianced doing it, but dk/emp guilds do this practice the most, again, based on my experience.

And.. If u think it is OK or acceptable to do it, then why get upset? Everyone has their own opinion, some are OK with it, I am not. No matter what the justification is, it is cowardy in my book.

Not being jealous. Just stated my own opinion. I don't know about other allianced doing it, but dk/emp guilds do this practice the most, again, based on my experience.
    Like 3D doesn't do this, bunch of hypocrites. I'm pretty sure 3D does it more in Wars just because they couldn't get t1 and are butthurt. Since you've been with 3D for a decent amount of time, you should know of them using this cheap tactic and aren't the oh-so-good Alliance that you know of but are full of deceit, cheating and uses cheap tactics and ways to try and beat DK Empire (like sending a former DK GC who joined 3D to Death Knights and then getting promoted to GC before a War in DK and essentially kicking everybody out when the GM wasn't on which essentially led 3D to win and brag about a t1 that wasn't even legitimate).
    Last edited by Ant venom; 09-01-2015 at 06:41 AM.