We're having a meeting this week, voice your concerns here!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We're having a meeting this week, voice your concerns here!

Player Experience
    Post Count

We're having a meeting this week, voice your concerns here!

Hey everyone,

We're having a meeting this week to discuss some of the biggest player demands to see which ones are feasible to add to the game. From my Q&A 2 weeks ago, I received some nuggets of information, but if you have any other ideas, please post them up in this thread and the MW team will discuss it and share some of our thoughts with you afterwards.

Some ideas brought up by players 2 weeks ago:

1. Better inventory management
    2. Matching up factions in war by average stats, not total stats
    3. More uses for valor/better valor units
    4. Skill point resets (would have to be very limited/one time use)

Let me know if I missed anything! Keep in mind before you give us your suggestion that we are not going to implement anything that severely cripples any groups of our current players or that can be easily exploited.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    1) make leveling up be an advantage not a disadvantage. Ie low points in WD events, being punished in the Epic Boss, etc

2) Communicate. After each WD event publish with a sticky the start/stop times and dates of all events. It is always a mystery what time an epic boss or LTQ will start.

-- when a new event starts post it on the forum with relevant information such as the rewards, folders needed, epic boss power etc.

3) Valor. Make it useful again. Too many players have millions of valor with nothing to do with it. Create buildings you can buy only with valor, have events that require valor just like folders are needed in the raid boss. Something.

4) Keep the points received in WD close for every hit. Maybe +\- 25 points. Plus if you win against a player you should not lose the next time. I don't mind spending gold when I find a good target but it pisses me off when I use it just to win 2 of 4 fights when my attack is 500k more than their defense.

5) make sure the in game information is accurate. Check the dates times of each event and ensure pop ups state the same information as the globe and timers.

-- If there is ever a time where the dates and times do not match let us know ASAP. Post it on the forum before you get multiple threads asking the same question.

6) make events that are more of a challenge to teams and forces them to work together not just spend gold and you get xxxx unit. Not all events should be obtainable by dropping the most gold but I understand the need for revenue. You can still create events that force teams to work together in order to meet the goal and still have the gold based rewards.

--- I know it was brought up two weeks ago regarding the event where you had to take out xx guard towers and then xx supply depots but that never came back be use players could not find all the targets. Well that was part of the game and one of the few I recall where you could not buy the final unit.

So why not bring that back but make it a faction based event rather than personal. Have a faction goal to find and take out xx buildings?

It was a fun event and sure not everyone will be able to complete it but that's part of the game.

6) make skill point reset available in game once every 50 levels and charge 50 gold per reset. It's the same cost as a name change and limits players from abusing the system. The game has changed a lot and long time players have no use for 100 stamina points now that pvp events have been eliminated.
    Last edited by 2000y2k; 02-04-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Skill point reset. Hmm.. Well, that would be interesting. Especially if the attack and defense skill had any function what so ever.. Unfortunately it doesn't, so all of us who has several hundred points in these two skills, could benefit from re-skilling.

- Or will the attack/defense skills come to us one day????
    ID : 322 629 335
    Name in game : General Vegas

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas7100 View Post
    Skill point reset. Hmm.. Well, that would be interesting. Especially if the attack and defense skill had any function what so ever.. Unfortunately it doesn't, so all of us who has several hundred points in these two skills, could benefit from re-skilling.

- Or will the attack/defense skills come to us one day????
    What's funny is the players who have skill points in energy want to move it into attack/defense and the players with skill points in attack/defense want to move it out. Grass is always greener?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Just a suggestion: in place of using average stats where you run the risk of teams adding in a bunch of level 1 players to lower their average, why not use total stats + faction size (maybe +/- 5 faction members). This would have a similar effect to average in controlling the mega minis steak factions, but prevent diluting. I'm sure there is a way to game this too, but almost any set up will have some counter strategy.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Better drop rate for bricks and we should be able to start collecting folders for next raid boss once the current raid boss is over, or have much better drop rates.

Bring back the FLTQs,

More tiers for the epic boss,

Boot out inactive members during WD, why should they get the rewards for doing notting.

The biggest one would be and isn't hard more information on events before they start

Post Count
    More ranking within faction so others can purchase bonuses, walls, kick players etc apart from the leader.

Post Count
    Give leader ability to change order of roster, and also have individual players' faction ranking stats reinstated when players leave faction then come back.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    Hey everyone,

We're having a meeting this week to discuss some of the biggest player demands to see which ones are feasible to add to the game. From my Q&A 2 weeks ago, I received some nuggets of information, but if you have any other ideas, please post them up in this thread and the MW team will discuss it and share some of our thoughts with you afterwards.

Some ideas brought up by players 2 weeks ago:

1. Better inventory management
    2. Matching up factions in war by average stats, not total stats
    3. More uses for valor/better valor units
    4. Skill point resets (would have to be very limited/one time use)

Let me know if I missed anything! Keep in mind before you give us your suggestion that we are not going to implement anything that severely cripples any groups of our current players or that can be easily exploited.
    make the cash units stronger so we can actually buy some units with ingame cash that will help our stats
    Retired to free playing

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    1. I would like to see losses to lower stat players eliminated or the tolerence lowered. Losing by 3-5 Million should not happen.

2. Bring back the value of defense buildings, the stat inflation has made them ineffective.

3. Adjust the WD pts to be more even. I can get 150 WDP's but 1000 BPS? Seems un-even to be based on level only and punishes the long term players.

4. Correct the lag during WD battles, showing a lead of 50000 with 30 seconds left and losing a war should not happen, everyone is now wise to the "play dead" and have everyone hit in the last minute strategy.

Thanks for listening

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Why do we have to wait days for a response on here as to the correct start and finish of events to be told the answer with less than 24 hours left of that event?

Why was the Raid boss energy jacked up to almost imposs lvls?

Why did the mods say the folder drop rate was working correctly when it was not correct in the slightest?
    Last edited by Richard79; 02-04-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Raise the level cap again to 400

Lurker
    Post Count
    But the attack/defense skill has no effect?
    No one I've talked with, knows about any effect anyway.

I have measured with players my level which only have like 50 attack (I have 220), on how high targets compared to our level we can win against, and it's exactly the same. Both when raiding and attacking directly.

So what's the points of the attack/defense skill? What does it help?
    ID : 322 629 335
    Name in game : General Vegas

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    There has to be a counter balance to the average stats thing or as a player said, teams will add afew level 1<s and it will throw it all off again. That will be very tricky to fix IMO, but it is really worth a shot.
    Eliminating wins and streak prize would make WD balance out again. I am sure the wins and streak teams will cry fowl, but really who cares WD was way more fun and balanced before that component. Keep the individual goals for those who want the extra prizes.

Post Count
    Already been said but, BETTER CASH UNITS!