Page 4 of 24 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    "you know what you get when you combine two nemesis armors? a free armor slot" -eunichorn

they are worth 25 ep each. you are likely to get 24 or 50 ep for whatever it is you fuse. You will not wear what ever it is you fuse.
    Android player

Quote Originally Posted by overcire View Post
    they are worth 25 ep each. you are likely to get 24 or 50 ep for whatever it is you fuse. You will not wear what ever it is you fuse.
    So Nemesis is 1 more EP than a craftable Rare? I guess that should be added to the spreadsheet on the Armor Leveling tab...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    So Nemesis is 1 more EP than a craftable Rare? I guess that should be added to the spreadsheet on the Armor Leveling tab...
    Added Nemesis to the Armor Leveling.

I've got a quick question that I've been looking for the answer to on here but can't seem to find. When I'm recruiting friends for something, which armor are they wearing? Is it grouped by type, say if I'm recruiting for the big weekly boss then my friends will be wearing the armor they're wearing currently in that setup? Or is it just one specific armor, say from the PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by theeggman85 View Post
    I've got a quick question that I've been looking for the answer to on here but can't seem to find. When I'm recruiting friends for something, which armor are they wearing? Is it grouped by type, say if I'm recruiting for the big weekly boss then my friends will be wearing the armor they're wearing currently in that setup? Or is it just one specific armor, say from the PVP?
    When using friends for Epic boss, they're wearing their epic boss setup armor. When using them on adventure AKA normal stages, they'll be wearing the armor they have on in the normal stage setup.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

What to do?

Hey guys,

I'm currently level 56 (android). Very active. Help give me some direction here:

1. I just unlocked the misty march
    2. I currently have all the (+) versions of the big four (HH/Crius/AA/LF)
    3. All the big four are roughly level 30 each
    4. I have bought the 500k expansion and I'm currently saving for the 1mil expansion (700k at the moment)
    5. I have all training fields level 2, 17 gems at the moment saving up for lvl 3 training grounds

Just need some direction on where I should go. thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Rended View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm currently level 56 (android). Very active. Help give me some direction here:

1. I just unlocked the misty march
    2. I currently have all the (+) versions of the big four (HH/Crius/AA/LF)
    3. All the big four are roughly level 30 each
    4. I have bought the 500k expansion and I'm currently saving for the 1mil expansion (700k at the moment)
    5. I have all training fields level 2, 17 gems at the moment saving up for lvl 3 training grounds

Just need some direction on where I should go. thanks everyone!
    It's tough saving up for those expansions, but the best thing to do is really to save all your gold to get that, and not spend any on further armor levelling until you've got that one and the next (2 million). Put up training grounds as soon as you can on the new expansions.

Gold is ultimately THE limiting factor. I've just levelled my 2nd legendary armor to 70, and the last 2-3 levels took a day each, using fusion stones to make 50ep armor so I was doing it as cheaply as possible. I have 11 level 3 training grounds, but lack of gold was still what held me back.

Of course it's very boring waiting, so keep stockpiling materials while you do - snakeskin and the commons, while collecting basic shards as you can along the way. You will run out of materials very quickly once you have the money to craft and fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    It's tough saving up for those expansions, but the best thing to do is really to save all your gold to get that, and not spend any on further armor levelling until you've got that one and the next (2 million). Put up training grounds as soon as you can on the new expansions.

Gold is ultimately THE limiting factor. I've just levelled my 2nd legendary armor to 70, and the last 2-3 levels took a day each, using fusion stones to make 50ep armor so I was doing it as cheaply as possible. I have 11 level 3 training grounds, but lack of gold was still what held me back.

Of course it's very boring waiting, so keep stockpiling materials while you do - snakeskin and the commons, while collecting basic shards as you can along the way. You will run out of materials very quickly once you have the money to craft and fuse.
    Thanks for the informative response. I have two quick questions from that:

1. How in the world did you save up 200+ gems?
    2. You think I should not progress and just stay back and farm materials?

Thanks!

Yea I'm also around the same point in the game and would like to know what to do as well.

Level 59
    Epic Stage at Zephyr Plateau
    Unlocked the + version of all the Big Four
    They're at HH+(36) CA+(35) LF+(10) AA+(1)
    Also just bought the 500K Expansion
    Have five Lv.3 training Grounds and three Lv 2.

Do I just save up for the next expansion? I was hoping to get to Level 60, get to Haunted Citadel, continue to level my Hydra for next week's boss and the Citadel, or should I just wait?
    Last edited by ZERO_07; 07-22-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rended View Post
    Thanks for the informative response. I have two quick questions from that:

1. How in the world did you save up 200+ gems?
    2. You think I should not progress and just stay back and farm materials?

Thanks!
    1. I bought them, mostly. I got impatient.
    2. I'll answer you and Zero_07 together on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO_07 View Post
    Yea I'm also around the same point in the game and would like to know what to do as well.

Level 59
    Epic Stage at Zephyr Plateau
    Unlocked the + version of all the Big Four
    They're at HH+(36) CA+(35) LF+(10) AA+(1)
    Also just bought the 500K Expansion
    Have five Lv.3 training Grounds and three Lv 2.

Do I just save up for the next expansion? I was hoping to get to Level 60, get to Haunted Citadel, continue to level my Hydra for next week's boss and the Citadel, or should I just wait?

Like I assume you guys are doing, I fought every Epic Boss from the first week I started playing. I beat level 15 on my second Boss, and levelled the armor to 35, when I discovered there was a +version, and I didn't have the materials for it.

I hadn't read this Forum.

Every Epic Boss armor I earned after the first and before I was able to craft the + version, has been an almost* total waste of time and effort. I'd have been better off building my castle gold-producing base, and grinding for basic crafting materials.

I also battled along through the Quests, spending gold and materials levelling several not very good armors, including the Steam Wizard, Snakeskin, and Monk's Vestment's. I reached level 100 in 10 weeks.

Whatever combination of elements the Epic Boss has, it will eventually be repeated and bettered, so it's generally not worth crafting the non+ version if you can't get the +version too.

If I had been more patient, waiting for my Gold to build up, opening the expansions, and building training fields, I'd have had millions more gold to play with in the following weeks.

I've got a few more questions along these lines, since I'm actually in the same place as these two guys at lvl 62ish(How convenient!)

• First of all, are the higher rarity armors always going to be better than the ones of the same elements but lower rarity? For example, I had LF armor and found the dark prince's which was way better. For each level of the dark prince's armor, is an LF+ armor at that level always strictly better? I'm a little confused on whether or not to give up my + versions of lower rarity to go with these more rare sets.
    • By the logic above, the best sets in the game are then from the Epic Bosses?
    • I'm a little confused about what you said in your last post with getting resources for the Epic armor sets. To craft the + version you need to get the normal version to level 35 or something right? So are you saying you wish you had used your money to build training fields first as an investment in the future? I just built my first epic armor set and I'm unsure where to go from here, I know eventually you have to level it up, but it sounded like from what you said you regretted actually building the non-plus version.
    • Along those same lines, once you get an epic armor and level it past your old armor of those elements, it will be strictly better and you should always use that epic armor, is that right? So get rid of the old 1-3 star armor? That ties in with my first question I guess.

Thanks for the help!

I would prefer lower rarity high stats armour: stats are all that matters and rarity just means it costs more gold and more EP. One level on an armour will tell you how good it will be maxed, as every armour level gives the same amount of att and def, and armours have a level cap. Or you can use the spreadsheet. But try to figure out how it works.

This game, naturally, has a very linear stat progression on armours. Older armours are worse so that people will keep on buying DPC's and fighting epic bosses. New legionaries are the strongest and rarest items in the game, with a few anomalies.

However few armours grow at a rate of +20 (or more) stats per level. Everyone else is looking for good armour. You can assume that they have looked longer/harder than you if you just started researching. Lo and behold, the story line rare armours have some of the best growth around, partially because you can easily craft + versions of them.

You will always be fielding three knights. So Eventhough my Living flame is out shadowed by my pyromancers for this boss, both are getting some action. Would I level up another pyro+ for this boss to put on a squire? No. Too much gold / time to invest in a character with poor health. Would I consider another LF+? Yes, if Mantle of the beast + were not equivalent.

Invest in cheap and good armours. But first invest in your city. Learn from the lannisters: gold wins
    Android player

So you would level up the 1-gold star armors all the way first then?

Also I'm confused about the stats-per-level thing. Did you mean that for a given armor, each level up will give the same amount of attack and defense as the previous level up, say +5 atk and +5 def, but higher rarity armors will have a higher amount-per-level, like maybe +8 atk and +8 def per level up?

I guess this is a harder question to answer, but is it usually good to max out all your storyline single-star armors to lvl 50 before upgrading the legendaries? I'm unsure of when the best time is to make the change over to the bigger but better investments in the 4-star armors. Or should I just finish the big 4 to lvl 50 and then move on to legendaries when I can?

nah stats per level are gear dependant, not rarity dependant. Every level grows by the same amount. Just go look at the spread sheet.

Storyline armour's (+ variety) grow by more per level and cost less per level than legendary armours. It is for that reason that it is every ones opinion here that you should have the big four story line armours finished before chasing after legendaries.

I miss the pace of the game back when I was getting stronger with every 10k gold invested. I haven't grown truly 'stronger' since I maxed my Jians+, just more agile.
    Android player

Quote Originally Posted by theeggman85 View Post
    I guess this is a harder question to answer, but is it usually good to max out all your storyline single-star armors to lvl 50 before upgrading the legendaries? I'm unsure of when the best time is to make the change over to the bigger but better investments in the 4-star armors. Or should I just finish the big 4 to lvl 50 and then move on to legendaries when I can?
    Skip the Snakeskin and Chimera Corps -- they have inferior stats. The other four are known as the "big four" because they give you the best stats at the cheapest cost. It's best to max those before working on legendaries unless there's a specific armor you want to use to fight the epic boss in a particular week.

(At this point in your game, you don't want the armors from the epic boss, but it's very much worth fighting for the other goodies you get as prizes along the way!)
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition