GREE, wait times to get matched are a problem!!!!! - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GREE, wait times to get matched are a problem!!!!!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf4life View Post
    It's either 'Me thinks' or 'I think'. 'I am aftraid'. 'may, could'.

I'm not too worried about you or Eddie or anyone else.
    Ok. I deleted what I was typing...is this really a road you want to go down? Trying to discredit folks by pointing out grammar mistakes (especially when they were obviously done intentionally, exactly as written)?

Lets face it. There are enough people on this forum who think you're a tool. Do you really want to assume the hall monitor roll?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I feel that Gree won't want to do anything about the wait times as it drives profit and revenue. The same reason they did this LTQ to raise the stats of lower teams and players, they will keep the wait times long for the higher teams.

Great business move in my opinion, but obviously not good for people in the top factions.

This whole situation is one of the main reasons I got out of a top Faction
    Quote Originally Posted by procsyzarc View Post
    After having this issue in KA with the LTQ being almost impossible even with 100% win rate for top teams due to wait times I did a test in MW this weekend.

I created a one man faction and in 10 hours 20 mins I got 10 wins (some of which I didn't need to do anything since I won just on successful defences)

My stats aren't fantastic (little over 1m) but staying low I never faced anyone over 200k. Had I still cared enough about MW to set alarms through the night I could have easily finished this.

Gree needs to do something about the wait times top teams face otherwise they will loose their cash cows as people make small factions to get around the issue since LTQ prizes are far better and cheaper than rank prizes
    Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day

Heavy Marine Helicopter
    PM if you are a retired top faction player who just wants to enjoy the game
    **Retired from formerly known as The Buckwheat Connection**

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    incorrect again Eagle, or Eddie er PJ, whatever and really who cares.

I have no beef with CJ. Not his business to wade in on our little tiff. He wanted to, so I wanted to correct his grammar, quite simple.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle13 View Post
    CJ D, Misdirection and "discredit the witness 101" are frequent forum tactics. These tactics are used by the
    ...shall we say... "challenged folk" as well as our many Funzy friends (aka shills)...pay no mind...
    monitor roll? You may have hit the noggin on the head...or something like that.
    **EDIT**

I edited my comment towards Eddie as I felt it wasn't right to stoop to his level and violate the ToS...yet again...
    Last edited by Golf4life; 09-02-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Heavy Marine Helicopter

Banned
    Post Count
    I feel that Gree won't want to do anything about the wait times as it drives profit and revenue. The same reason they did this LTQ to raise the stats of lower teams and players, they will keep the wait times long for the higher teams.

Great business move in my opinion, but obviously not good for people in the top factions.

This whole situation is one of the main reasons I got out of a top Faction
    How is it good for business each member in top 25 factions currently spend hundreds each event. If it remains like this they will leave their current factions for wd events and get better prizes for free? It also reduces competition for top spots meaning less spending again. Yes it may mean low ranked factions spend a little more but that is nothing compared to the reduction from top factions.

There is no way Gree would allow this.......trouble is they are so clueless they probably don't even realise they are hurting their own profit so nothing will change

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    absolutely agree with what you said

their thought process was genius: Instead of teams spending a bunch of gold towards the end of the 3 day war, they will do it the last 10 minutes of each battle, which theoretically would have worked.

The issue they failed to realize is the number of teams playing. If there were only 500 teams and they were all strong competitors, this tactic would have driven sales through the roof.

The other side of this is that they realized exactly what they were doing. They allowed a bunch of the lower level players and factions to get these amazing stats, a taste of what could be, so that in future wars they will be more willing to spend money to compete for better stats and prizes.

EDIT**

and for the initial part about the wait times. Why wouldn't it be more profitable for Top teams to wait longer? They use less free hits and scrounge to spend buttloads of gold to make up for it. You are right, people will get tired (as I did). Unfortunately, there will always be more people to replace them.

a rebuttal to this will be from most that the average scores for ranked positions is much lower and that is absolutely correct, but for two reasons only:
    1) end of month and no bonus gold delivered yet (expect the next war to have much higher point totals)
    2) the prizes weren't worth the effort.

Even before the announcement of the Faction LTQ, my old faction (Buckwheat Connection) were planning on shooting for 25 instead of 10 because of the crappy rewards announced for India.

How is it good for business each member in top 25 factions currently spend hundreds each event. If it remains like this they will leave their current factions for wd events and get better prizes for free? It also reduces competition for top spots meaning less spending again. Yes it may mean low ranked factions spend a little more but that is nothing compared to the reduction from top factions.

There is no way Gree would allow this.......trouble is they are so clueless they probably don't even realise they are hurting their own profit so nothing will change
    Last edited by Golf4life; 09-02-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Addendum

Heavy Marine Helicopter

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Yea they do take a long time. Our last battle we declared about an hour and15 minutes before the end and the war started at hour and 3 minutes holy. Everybody was getting the creeps!

Banned
    Post Count

and for the initial part about the wait times. Why wouldn't it be more profitable for Top teams to wait longer? They use less free hits and scrounge to spend buttloads of gold to make up for it. You are right, people will get tired (as I did). Unfortunately, there will always be more people to replace them
    Speaking from KA where I am in a top 3 team but assuming it is the same here. If we hit declare the second we finish we can get in a max of 55 matches due to the wait time which means if we draw FUN (the SUP1 of KA) just once or get an unlucky loss we miss it since we have no room for error at all and we have to avoid FUN which means we don't get the 54 matches in. I spend about 5-6k gems in my team and can not possibly complete the LTQ unless they change the wait times.

So how many people will say stuff my top 10/25 team I will join a top 4000 team and get better prizes for free. Remover we are top 3 the rest have to worry about us and other top 10 teams so have it even worse.

What does this have to do with wait time? If we got instant matches like lower ranked teams we would have some room for error like they do meaning it would be possible to avoid teams you can't beat or at least it wouldn't be all over with one loss. This would mean some top teams other than the number 1 ranked team could finish.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    ah I see where you are coming from now. yah I can understand then about the wait times and not being able to compete in the maximum amount of wars.
    Speaking from KA where I am in a top 3 team but assuming it is the same here. If we hit declare the second we finish we can get in a max of 55 matches due to the wait time which means if we draw FUN (the SUP1 of KA) just once or get an unlucky loss we miss it since we have no room for error at all and we have to avoid FUN which means we don't get the 54 matches in. I spend about 5-6k gems in my team and can not possibly complete the LTQ unless they change the wait times.

So how many people will say stuff my top 10/25 team I will join a top 4000 team and get better prizes for free. Remover we are top 3 the rest have to worry about us and other top 10 teams so have it even worse.

What does this have to do with wait time? If we got instant matches like lower ranked teams we would have some room for error like they do meaning it would be possible to avoid teams you can't beat or at least it wouldn't be all over with one loss. This would mean some top teams other than the number 1 ranked team could finish.

Heavy Marine Helicopter

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I used to think that the whole of the money spent from 25-4000 dwarfed that spent from 1-24. Lmao. Then I learned what those top guys spent. And did the math on the others. Gree could kick everyone in the 26-4000 range out and still turn a huge profit.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by honest Abe View Post
    Dozens of tickets sent, no response, why should anyone be surprised?
    Honest Abe

I sent in a ticket about this several Wars back and it got closed. 2 Wars back we were getting around 9 minute waits. This war we have seen up to around 20 minute waits. What was back was during the final hours when we know there are MANY teams trying to get in there to get the points and we are still having to wait.

One side note is at least we didn't get put against any SUP Teams or Ferr! I would have nightmares until I went to my grave!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by honest Abe View Post
    Dozens of tickets sent, no response, why should anyone be surprised?
    Honest Abe

There is also another issue. We declared war in the very last battle on the 1:03 mark. The system didn't put us against a team until around the 00:50 mark. So there was less than an hour. Now get this, I have seen something funny with their systems. With only 45 secs left in the Battle, the system stops all attacks. It says you have to declare a War to attack. Also, Health Regens are speeded up with less than an hour left as well! I've noticed this the last 2 Wars. Again, I have pointed things out with their back end systems but my tickets were closed. I can only assume that they are:

1) Looking at the issue.
    2) Fixing the issue.
    3) Put it on Bug Tracker.
    4) Ignored the issue.
    5) Said it was Miller Time and went to have one!

I suspect that they know about the issue but it's a bigger issue to fix than just a simple change as it has the potential to break more widespread system and they need to ensure that it is fully tested before pushing out.

Lurker
    Post Count
    we a top 400 faction and at the 6 consec battle we got matched up against a top 100 faction with triple our wd points, you can imagine how pissed we were

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    They may not reply to tickets but my guess is they will respond when an attorney letter is sent to their registered agent! Fraudulently inducing people to spend when it looked like they had enough time (almost 3-4 hr buffer as of saturday night) whereas their system had MINIMUM wait times that made it impossible to actually get to the requisite number of matches. Minimum wait times proved when top factions still couldn't match within ten minutes when declaring at the same time. That might even get summary judgement. Gree I hope you are listening!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash0810 View Post
    Honest Abe

There is also another issue. We declared war in the very last battle on the 1:03 mark. The system didn't put us against a team until around the 00:50 mark. So there was less than an hour. Now get this, I have seen something funny with their systems. With only 45 secs left in the Battle, the system stops all attacks. It says you have to declare a War to attack. Also, Health Regens are speeded up with less than an hour left as well! I've noticed this the last 2 Wars. Again, I have pointed things out with their back end systems but my tickets were closed. I can only assume that they are:

1) Looking at the issue.
    2) Fixing the issue.
    3) Put it on Bug Tracker.
    4) Ignored the issue.
    5) Said it was Miller Time and went to have one!

I suspect that they know about the issue but it's a bigger issue to fix than just a simple change as it has the potential to break more widespread system and they need to ensure that it is fully tested before pushing out.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    GREE, this is not going away.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    well,

1. If you get matched up with a let's say "ranked 1500" faction, you are not happy because you get bad points.
    2. if you would be a top1000-faction, than the strength of faction 500 and 1500 are pretty similar. so there are 1000 chances to be matched up. so that goes much quicker.
    3. if you,being top1, on top of that try to stay clear from Ferr, Sup2, Dogs, GSF , Gunners, ... by non-declaring.
    Are you then really wondering why you have wait for 30 min before getting hooked up?