Thread: Changes to the Gold Bonus Program

Lurker
    Royal North Shore Hospital getting bum stitches
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    It was either make the changes or remove the program entirely
    Why? Someone have a gun to your head?

Post Count
    OUCH, So instead of letting people use gold to try and win a exclusive item, they thought we would like less than 1/2 of normal gold and pick one for us. I suppose we are the sheep and have to follow.

Consistent Contributor SNEAKERJUNKY's Avatar
    Post Count
    You guys are quickly killing your game.

I consistently hit the tier 2 bonus..... Will only buy enough gold for war ip from now on and eventually will free play.... GREEdy.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    You're not far off. A game like this will stagnate because new players will never be able to overcome a 2+ year head start. Would you jump in and start spending gold when you see an insurmountable gap between you and all the strong players? It just encourages free play or no new players at all. To get past this, they have to one of a few things:

1) Inflate stats. Make it easier for new players to catch up to old players.
    2) Start over periodically. Declare a "winner" and let everyone start again on even footing.
    3) Encourage old players to quit or discourage people from playing really long term.
    This. As we've seen before (see: T10 teams getting screwed due to Gree's moving goalposts 2 wars ago) - new/free players have much more say than mid/big spenders.

To make sure the homeless (their "base") aren't upset, Gree launched an attack on the 1% (the no-bankers on Empire City Street). Next Gree will stage a game shutdown and blame it on the players who are asking for a more efficent and better product. I've seen it a million times (sources: foxnews.com, NBC.com, wsj.com, CBS.com). #thanksobama
    Last edited by mxz; 10-09-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I am all for removing it.
    Proud owner of not one but two Laundromat's

Game not working? Get an Android.

Post Count
    I was mocked recently for saying that the old-timers were retiring left and right. This is just another kick in the pants to anyone who was on the fence.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomedood5 View Post
    Actually what they're doing is nerfing the $1,000 and $2,000 gold tiers (they also added a $3,000 tier, but the bonus is worse than the old $2,000 tier). Does not seem like a good way to win over customers...
    I'm well aware of what the gold bonus program was before. I'm saying they are disinflating (read: slowing the rate of inflation) the value of gold by now making gold more "valuable" now-- since gold now costs more for anyone below the $5k tier (which is the vast majority of players, even gold spenders).

I'm not saying it's a good thing, since no one likes receiving less for spending the same amount that they are used to paying. I'd probably be incredibly frustrated too if I was still participating in the bonus program.

My secret hope is that they consulted an economist or someone on how best to manage the current stat inflation. Disinflation is always painful-- cf. Volcker disinflation.

Though I'm not an economist, so who knows how applicable that is. But to people upset by the changes, just view it as though it is now more expensive for new players (like DCN Gladiator, who does three new events and suddenly thinks he's a big shot, cough) to catch you in stats.

Admittedly, if I was still spending gold, I'd probably have a different tone-- GREE has added a lot more events, making it hard for even players on the $2k tier to keep up with all of them (without burning their entire bonus in a month), which thus seems to favor the super spenders already at the $5k or $10k tiers, thus making it easier for them to dominate. Seems to me like GREE wants to spread the players much more by current spending, e.g. a player on the $5k tier should be at least double in stats for someone on a $2k tier, etc.
    Last edited by BigMoney; 10-09-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-R View Post
    Best tough sh*t f you from a mod so far.
    lmfao best response ever. Much respect BM

In a strange way I'm thankful to Gree for this change. It took something this disrespectful for me to finally be able to walk away from this game. Still sucks though.

Consistent Contributor Dr Girlfriend's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    You're not far off. A game like this will stagnate because new players will never be able to overcome a 2+ year head start. Would you jump in and start spending gold when you see an insurmountable gap between you and all the strong players? It just encourages free play or no new players at all. To get past this, they have to one of a few things:

1) Inflate stats. Make it easier for new players to catch up to old players.
    2) Start over periodically. Declare a "winner" and let everyone start again on even footing.
    3) Encourage old players to quit or discourage people from playing really long term.
    So I guess I should feel like the old union guys getting out with a full pension while the new guys try to retire on a 3% 401k match? Lol.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    You're finally retiring? haha. kidding bro. was fun playing by your side.

Quote Originally Posted by STLGORILLA314 View Post
    In a strange way I'm thankful to Gree for this change. It took something this disrespectful for me to finally be able to walk away from this game. Still sucks though.

Goodfellas: Respected and Protected

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I was shooting hard to make the 1000 tier but now I'll pass. Made 500, did they change that?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yes well I guess y'all don't see it but have y'all ever thought that bonus gold is the only way people can continue playing? Therefore your gonna lose tons of money from people quitting...when my 50k is gone I quit.::have fun screwing customers gree...looks like I spent 2k at a good time..😂😂😂more like wasted 10k on a stupid game..good luck👍

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Though I'm not an economist, so who knows how applicable that is. But to people upset by the changes, just view it as though it is now more expensive for new players (like DCN Gladiator, who does three new events and suddenly thinks he's a big shot, cough) to catch you in stats.
    The difference, here, is they are deflating the currency (gold) while continuing to inflate the goods/services (stats). So, not only is there less currency in circulation, there's less incentive to use buying power.

In effect, this change is great for free players, very good for FC, ok for SAS, and awful for everyone in between.

My guess is Gree will realize less revenue as FC and SAS will have increasingly less competition.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Murda View Post
    And the new program is retroactive for October??? So 9 days of purchases that people made assuming they were playing under the old bonus program are going to get the shaft?

Hello Itunes refund request.
    my very next question cause I believe it spent 7 and of course want 2 back.