Looks like things went to hell with the community mods - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looks like things went to hell with the community mods

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    Please refrain from flaming/naming/shaming other members. If you have a problem with other forum members, please contact Sirus or any other Gree employee.
    On offense, but this situation was avery unusual exception, and should probably be handled by Sirius.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MK Loves You View Post
    1. After my ban was lifted I decided to read the CoC. I did not see anything about naming and shaming. I did, however, see that insulting others was listed under trolling. Can you please direct me to where I can find some info about naming and shaming so I can educate myself on the topic for future reference?

2. During the whole 1shot fiasco several people (including myself) tried contacting Sirius so he could put a stop to it. Unfortunately, he was not taking any PMs which made it difficult to reach him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    On the topic of "naming and shaming," I don't think any of the people currently in charge of the forum have any idea what that phrase means. The original rule was that you were not allowed to call out a particular person or syndicate as a cheater/glitcher on the forum if you discovered him. You were required to report and move on (RAMO) due to the number of complaints received against legitimate players, usually huge gold spenders. That practice was called "naming and shaming." It was sort of vigilante justice.

Somehow that phrase, and hence the rule, has been broadened to cover any sort of conduct that makes someone look stupid, even if they don't need the help. I've been warned/infracted for "naming and shaming" for quoting a ridiculous post without even making a comment on it. This rule has no meaning anymore. If the rule is going to be "don't say anything that some mod doesn't like, fine... It's their forum and they can ruin it if they like. Just don't expect it to actually guide anyone's behavior.
    There you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    @legalious, Sirius didn't seem to mind; he didn't say anything, but you had to?

Stop over-moderating, please.
    Relax.
    Line ID: clementine88

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    @legalious, Sirius didn't seem to mind; he didn't say anything, but you had to?

Stop over-moderating, please.
    Relax.
    I am doing what I have been assigned to do. No over-moderation here, just following the guides that Relic, Clem, Bolt, Tadaaah left for me.

Post Count
    I am doing what I have been assigned to do. No over-moderation here, just following the guides that Relic, Clem, Bolt, Tadaaah left for me.
    Ummm... Who are they?
    Hint: they're gone, dude.

Lighten up.

lol! Sooooo now you want to follow guidelines? Where were you when 1Shot was violating every rule in the book? Hmm? Yeah. That's what I thought.

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Ummm... Who are they?
    Hint: they're gone, dude.

Lighten up.

lol! Sooooo now you want to follow guidelines? Where were you when 1Shot was violating every rule in the book? Hmm? Yeah. That's what I thought.
    I don't know why you are trying to blame me for others mistakes. Sirus was informed of what was going on the same day it happened. Don't be so quick to point fingers, its quite rude.

Post Count
    Where were you when 1Shot was violating every rule in the book? Hmm?
    Enough said
    Not one of you openly came on here and asked him to stop or said it was wrong. For it to go on as long as it did speaks volumes for what is really thought about us
    Last edited by PC77; 08-19-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PC77 View Post
    Enough said
    Not one of you openly came on here and asked him to stop or said it was wrong. For it to go on as long as it did speaks volumes for what is really thought about us
    That would violate the forum code of conduct if he was to deal with it publicly. I would assume that they were messaging via other forms of communication which is how it is supposed to be handled.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by beartrap View Post
    That would violate the forum code of conduct if he was to deal with it publicly.
    Now ain't THAT a bear trap!
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Please refrain from flaming/naming-shaming (Trolling) other members. If you have a problem with other forum members, please contact Sirus or any other Gree employee.
    Guess what, we tried that for about a week. *SPOILER ALERT* It didn't work, gree allowed someone THEY selected to run wild on THEIR forum, breaking all kinds of rules HE was supposed to be enforcing......you insolent peasant
    I've been told I can be inappropriate.....
    Guilty of refund fraud
    Have sold aCcounts for USD (and gree helped by manually transferring them lmao)
    Chronic namer & shamer
    Insults mods and staff regularly
    Evades ban regularly

Bans YTD: 5 and counting

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Taken care of folks!
    oh good and it only took a whole week. smash up job guy
    Guilty of refund fraud
    Chronic namer & shamer
    Evades ban regularly

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    ya uh...how'd that work out for them?

I don't know why you are trying to blame me for others mistakes. Sirus was informed of what was going on the same day it happened. Don't be so quick to point fingers, its quite rude.
    *plays worlds smallest violin*
    Guilty of refund fraud
    Chronic namer & shamer
    Evades ban regularly

Post Count
    What planet you on? A player seriously violated all the rules for over a week and you did nothing. So talking about naming and shaming, are you trying to blame Sirius as you point out he knew about it from day one and did nothing? You will have to ban yourself! Or get your pal 1sh*t to do it for you.

Post Count
    Maybe they can agree on another temp ban.

Post Count
    If you volunteered to work at a lemonade stand and lemons become extinct, would you continue working at your stand trying to sell lemonade?