An illustrated guide to raid bosses

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An illustrated guide to raid bosses

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

An illustrated guide to raid bosses

During a raid boss event, a syndicate can summon raid bosses to fight and earn prizes by defeating them. There are many different levels of raid bosses available. Higher level raid bosses have more hit points, cost more tokens to summon, and give better prizes.

Any officer can summon any level boss at any time. It is possible to summon more than one raid boss at once if they're different levels.

Once a raid boss is summoned, anyone in the syndicate can fight it to do some damage and qualify for prizes. A raid boss must be defeated within 2 hours of being summoned.

Fighting a raid boss is similar to fighting an epic boss. A quick attack costs 25 health and does damage equal to your raw attack strength. You have a maximum of 100 health and it regenerates at a rate of 1 per minute unless you have health regen bonuses. Unlike epic bosses, you must have a minimum of 25 health to hit and even kill shots will cost 25 health. A force attack costs 100 health and does 5x the normal damage. Force attacks can help you defeat more bosses in less time, but may result in fewer people earning prizes (see below).

Everyone who does damage to a raid boss will earn a prize if they exceed the minimum amount for that boss. Doing less than the minimum will earn you nothing. Checking the leaderboard will tell you what is the minimum damage needed and how much damage you have done so far.

As an example, if a boss has 2,000,000 total HP and you need to do 100,000 minimum damage, then up to 20 people can earn a prize for fighting that boss if each of them does exactly 100,000 damage. However, if one person does 2,000,000 damage by themselves, only that person will get a prize.

After a raid boss is defeated, you can check the history to see the leaderboard for the boss and what prize you earned.

If you have any follow-up questions, please post them in this thread and I will try to answer them here.

Questions and answers:
    1. How do I collect tokens (i.e. illegal automatics) to summon a raid boss?
    Tokens appear randomly when doing jobs. Doing cheap jobs on Canal Street is one method for finding tokens, but more expensive jobs seems to have a higher token drop rate. If anyone has more tips for collecting tokens quickly, please post them.

2. What is the benefit of topping the leaderboard?
    According to the "Boss Select" screen, finishing at the top of the leaderboard gives you a better chance at getting a rarer prize. However, no one has been able to show that this actually works.
    Last edited by Didas; 05-26-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Great thread!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Didas View Post
    Everyone who does damage to a raid boss will earn a prize if they exceed the minimum amount for that boss. Doing less than the minimum will earn you nothing. Doing the most damage gives you a better chance of getting a rare prize. Checking the leaderboard will tell you what is the minimum damage needed and how much damage you have done so far.
    I appreciate your helpfulness.

Q1. I am only doing level 100,95,90,85,80, and 75 bosses. I don't want to increase my chances of getting a rare, I would like to increase my chances of getting a Legendary.
    Did you mean you increase your chances of getting the "rarest" prize available for that boss?

Q2. Where did you come up with that statement, if you meant "rarest" prize. From the data i've observed, it doesn't give you a better chance of getting the "rarest" prize. However, now that i'm going over this, perhaps your original statement IS true, cuz I was getting CRAP (rare) prizes when doing the most damage!

Edit: So actual question is: Why do you think that you get a rarer prize the more damage you do to the boss?
    Last edited by TMI; 11-02-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    good job!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Voice View Post
    Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Thanks for this

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Everyone who does damage to a raid boss will earn a prize if they exceed the minimum amount for that boss. Doing less than the minimum will earn you nothing. Doing the most damage gives you a better chance of getting the rarest prize available for that boss. Checking the leaderboard will tell you what is the minimum damage needed and how much damage you have done so far.
    Unless things are different in Crime City to how raid bosses have worked in Kingdom Age, there is no truth to the idea that doing the most damage will increase your chance of getting a better individual prize. It's entirely random.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count

Thumbs up

Good job! This will help newer players a bunch
    Level: 77
    Attack: 1,57x,xxx
    Defense: 1,61x,xxx
    IPH: 200k+
    Syndicate: The Sparrow Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    (⌐■_■)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (•_•)
    (•_•)
    (-_-)
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by sporky123 View Post
    Besides, it's hard to brag when you play gold and someone else doesn't. It's like outrunning the kid with no legs in a foot race. What did you really accomplish?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Excellent post. Very consice and put together.
    Thank you.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Unless things are different in Crime City to how raid bosses have worked in Kingdom Age, there is no truth to the idea that doing the most damage will increase your chance of getting a better individual prize. It's entirely random.
    Right now, I'm just going by what's stated on the raid boss screens. Has someone actually tried to check this in KA?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Right now, I'm just going by what's stated on the raid boss screens. Has someone actually tried to check this in KA?
    Yeah, I play KA where there have been four raid boss events so far
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Banned
    Post Count
    I've killed a lot of bosses in KA and in cc now. Ranking does NOT make a difference. As long as you reach the minimum it is completely random what prize you Recieve. Same as epic boss rewards are.

Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    Post Count
    In your "Syndicate raid Boss" screen, go to history tab and check out the different boss level's leaderboard/available loot. You will see that under "leaderboard/Available loot" the chances of winning different prizes are determined by Boss level.

Example: a level 95 boss has a 10% chance of rewarding a Legendary prize where as a level 100 boss legendary prize is 33% chance.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Now I don't have to keep explaining to ppl. Just link them here. Thanks for putting this together. Good job
    You can kiss my C(Ass)

*CcC*

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Q: Where can I get a lot of Illegal Automatics/Tokens?
    A: Go do some jobs in Canal Street or East Side for 1 XP, Carmen Rivera in Canal Street has been giving me a lot of Illegal Automatics
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Post Count
    Good post for how it works. Would be great if it discussed strategies in completing the goals more effeciently.