Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New Event---Holdout

Can someone on the War of Nations team please let us know what this new event...Holdout!...is?

The latest update in the iOS App Store says that's the reason for the update.

More information would be nice...in a proactive manner.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps_DP View Post
    Can someone on the War of Nations team please let us know what this new event...Holdout!...is?

The latest update in the iOS App Store says that's the reason for the update.

More information would be nice...in a proactive manner.

Thank you.
    Agreed .......

I think this is the event where rogue commanders, or an alien invasion, will attempt to cap our ops. It will likely be conducted in the same manner as survival- where we will launch captures from rogue NPCs. Likely, we will have to hold out as best we can against each incoming capture attempt, and if captured, we will have to break cap like we would normally. The only thing is that normal caps take forever, so Gree may make more of an accelerated cap attempt. Either we will lose more moral every 30 mins, or, the battles will be held a lot more frequently (say, every 10 mins rather than 30). Just my assumption though. Please update if you know anything more.

Forgot to mention... If this event plays out like I just said, it's likely that if your moral zeros out, you will lose the op, and it will be returned to the world. I wouldn't launch any caps against 34's or 38's unless you want to lose them lol. Going with my port op instead.

And.. Lol... Hopefully Gree stays within the normal boundaries of the typical defense mixes that we are familiar with. Survival literally defied the rules of the game with the crazy attacks that would have normally been simple to counter with the proper defense mix and the right comm. So in all fairness, I'm really hoping that Gree actually abides by the rules of their own game, the rules in which the whole game is structured upon. If not, then I would like to request that Gree provide the players with some sort of insight as to the NEW rules in which you are operating. Myself, and many other players, don't spend our hard earned money just to be blindsided by random anomalies in the game that are not just unpredictable, but also defies the ground rules of the game itself. A little clarity would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

i really hope they have not taken one of the awful ideas from that guy who writes far to much on every topic ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Zed View Post
    i really hope they have not taken one of the awful ideas from that guy who writes far to much on every topic ever.
    You may not get your wish Zack zed as I was pm'ed this a few weeks ago
    He quoted this from one of my posts.

"On a side note a new event for gree could be defend a base.
    Gee drops in new bases all over the map or convert npc bases for the event. I suggest one per player (or 10% less ) and a rule only one can be held per player but a player can boot out any player in an outpost but cannot hold or occupy a second base.
    If booted a player can capture any other of the special bases, so if booted by a strong player they can find a new base to hold. If a player attacks and wins if he holds a bases already he can chose which base to keep. So if one is under heavy attack you can retreat to a new base.
    alliances get points for the number of bases they control earned on a per second held time scale.

Run this in the tiers system. Capping is the only attack and if the defender loses they get booted, I suggest high rebuild rates for both the attacker and defender. It could be fast and fun if done right."

His message to me

I know you posted this a while ago, but it caught my eye. You seem smart ;-).

So Sorry zach zed but it may well be my idea, as in the chat that followed they inferred with a that I may see the idea in some form in the game and this seems to fit the holdout name they are giving the new event.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 09-16-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cappinbanks View Post
    I think this is the event where rogue commanders, or an alien invasion, will attempt to cap our ops. It will likely be conducted in the same manner as survival- where we will launch captures from rogue NPCs. Likely, we will have to hold out as best we can against each incoming capture attempt, and if captured, we will have to break cap like we would normally. The only thing is that normal caps take forever, so Gree may make more of an accelerated cap attempt. Either we will lose more moral every 30 mins, or, the battles will be held a lot more frequently (say, every 10 mins rather than 30). Just my assumption though. Please update if you know anything more.
    Not being picky but firstly this is identical to survival bar the cap and secondly losing an op to the world is wrong people have spent cash money keeping and upgrading there 34/38s in ways such as moral boosts and upgrading to the new higher levels , and people wld be annoyed that they've taken 200 odd hours to up grade for it to be reset .
    Maybe your right though but I don't see much difference maybe a capture the flag where your capped but don't lose anything or maybe a team event as they've just did a new player event , anyways wee will see

All I have to say is: WTF Gree????

It's now just going to be another event that I don't participate in.

does Gree actually give any info at all about the upcoming events??

btw survival event is a good event in my eyes defending is a little random and wave mixes are also random or maybe our world has not quite got the hang of it but I like it and if u coin in it u know exactly what u paying for (units) unlike box where u can spend 10k gold not to get a thingie out the box

HOLDOUT

Renegade Armies have invaded your world and established powerful Strongholds!

Work with your Alliance to crush the Renegades and take the Strongholds! Hold them as long as you can to gain Holdout Points to win EPIC prizes! Strongholds are spread throughout the worlds, available to any Alliance with a matching or lower league.

Higher league Strongholds contain more powerful armies but are worth many more Holdout Points. The most valuable Strongholds are near the center of the world!

Attack the Strongholds and defeat the Renegade Armies inside to gain control for your Alliance. Once your Alliance controls the Stronghold, anyone in your Alliance can reinforce it with up to 50 armies.

High ranking Alliance members can control who gets to defend the Stronghold, and the strongest Commander will be used for defense.

Once your Alliance is in control, hold on tight - other Alliances will be gunning for you!

[QUOTE=mrbungle;1387488]HOLDOUT

Renegade Armies have invaded your world and established powerful Strongholds!

Work with your Alliance to crush the Renegades and take the Strongholds! Hold them as long as you can to gain Holdout Points to win EPIC prizes! Strongholds are spread throughout the worlds, available to any Alliance with a matching or lower league.

Higher league Strongholds contain more powerful armies but are worth many more Holdout Points. The most valuable Strongholds are near the center of the world!

Attack the Strongholds and defeat the Renegade Armies inside to gain control for your Alliance. Once your Alliance controls the Stronghold, anyone in your Alliance can reinforce it with up to 50 armies.

High ranking Alliance members can control who gets to defend the Stronghold, and the strongest Commander will be used for defense.

Once your Alliance is in control, hold on tight - other Alliances will be gunning for you!

Sounds cool , where's the way that gree make money ? Lol

Thank you mrbungle

Fire clementine.......