Android abomination!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android abomination!

Post Count

Android abomination!

So as the majority of cc players already know ios (iphone) users get the luxury and unfair advantage of playing the newest events and reaping the rewards of new weapons that go with them, for what reason i dont know - i hope someone would care to elaborate!
    As of yet i have seen no steps to bridge the gap asides from finally introducing android users to events and scratchers months after they have become old news to ios users. it becomes infuriating every time i read about the newest weapon i cannot even compete for!
    Surely it is time to divide the two if Gree is not willing to unite them evenly as im sure compensation is far too a humane word to comprehend as much as im certain the difference between ios and android bares no significance at all when its comes to collecting in the money for gold purchases!!!
    donkey punch - 152 548 501

Post Count
    You at least have CC in android. So quit your whining

Banned
    Post Count
    I completely agree Phil. They "attempted" to even the playing field by giving us our own "Android-exclusive" event, which was just another leaderboard event that free players get screwed on, and they rake in the money on. Huge failure.

I personally could care less if iOS users had scratchers for a long time before we did; it's the lack of boss events that really gets under my skin. iOS users are out there getting the grand prize for their boss event in less than one day, plus 19 other items that are WAY better than the random items we get out of our crap event chests. (Racer Z, HSR, etc.) They don't even compare to the common items from the boss event. The event is bugged where it says to beat him 50 times, but they only have to beat him 20 to get the grand prize. Now everybody and their brother on iOS is guaranteed to have ~1200 more attack and ~900 more defense (just from the grand prize, not counting the others you get from getting TO it) from this event by the time it's over, while we sit here with nothing, still, on android.

I can't receive gold from half the offers I've done, probably also due to being on android. Customer support even claims they credit me, but it never comes in.

The game isn't even CLOSE to being optimized yet, which I'm sure is on the back burner for them, since there are so many other problems with the game currently. I have a pretty decent phone, and after visiting 15+ hoods (give or take), it starts to lag, then eventually freezes up until I force close. Plus the missing buildings issue, though that could be on iOS as well, I'm not sure.

They don't have a huge popup when you start the game saying, "Warning -- you will be inferior to ALL iOS players the entire time you play this game, unless you dump a HUGE amount of money in our pockets to get your stats up there. Even then, you still will not have the same possibilities at increasing your stats even further, as you will not get the same events as iOS." Nothing. If you didn't get on the forums and see all the griping, you'd have no idea.

How is this acceptable in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerStud View Post
    Yes, ****, they did put it on android. And when you release something for a new platform, it should be equivalent to the other platforms it is out for. Not some half ass recreation of a game that doesn't allow any of it's players to compete properly without spending real money (And spending MORE than iOS users have to to keep up). They should not have released it at all until it was completely ready to be the exact same game for both platforms, period. Unfortunately, all GREEd / Funzio cares about is fattening their pockets more, and the dollar signs of adding a new platform outweighed the optimization of the game before release. So they shoved it out there, completely not ready.

Nobody's whining Soccerpud, just stating the facts.

Post Count
    I feel your misery but as android player i come to get used to it plus if you think you need to spend gold to become a strong player your are wrong all it takes in time if you level up slowly and build you economy and defence you should be fine. I been playing this game for about 6 months i am only at level 60. I been at this level for about 10 days.

my point is if you don't spend money than only choice is spend your time more effectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Man bala has been here since 2012? For some reason I always assume he got here last Thursday...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lighten up there Francis, he has a valid point.

It is the equivalent of the Jamaican Track and Field team getting to the stadium early and the officials saying, "You might as well start the race early, the others can join the race when they get here."

Clearly, Gree needs to improve their bottom line as much and as quickly as they can, at the cost of the longevity of the game. The ship is sinking boys and girls. Looking at the stats on some of these recent events, the Shark has been jumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestoner View Post
    I personally could care less if iOS users had scratchers for a long time before we did; it's the lack of boss events that really gets under my skin. iOS users are out there getting the grand prize for their boss event in less than one day, plus 19 other items that are WAY better than the random items we get out of our crap event chests. (Racer Z, HSR, etc.) They don't even compare to the common items from the boss event. The event is bugged where it says to beat him 50 times, but they only have to beat him 20 to get the grand prize. Now everybody and their brother on iOS is guaranteed to have ~1200 more attack and ~900 more defense (just from the grand prize, not counting the others you get from getting TO it) from this event by the time it's over, while we sit here with nothing, still, on android.
    If you have an iOS player and an Android player that started playing at the same time and spent the same amount of time and gold (pre-Android Scratchers), the iOS player is unbeatable by the Android player because of those 2 months of Scratchers, that is a fact.

Funzio introduced Scratchers to Android (with no compensation for being 2 months after iOS), and after a 4 or 5 months, this might have balanced things out a bit... But they then introduce Epic Boss events to iOS, which is "Scratchers" all over again and Android hasnt even caught up on Scratchers. Android players get even weaker, while iOS players get stronger.

Oh, but Android gets old iOS items in the form of NEW 20 item events, right? The difference is that item was available to ALL iOS players (given their event for the item was the old 10 item reward versus top 10/25). So, there are probably hundreds (if not thousands) of iOS players with these stats-plus-bonus items and only 10 of the top gold spending Android players get them since Android is using the NEW item collection scheme. Modern War is doing the same thing. However, they are using the old (non-top 10/25 250/500) so potentially all Android players could get the Grand Prize. My guess is, they have not implemented the new event code for Android MW. Either way, it is a little less unfair.

Gree's short-sighted need to improve their bottom line is coming at the cost of a game with a lot of potential. With every event, with the continually widening gap between the free and gold spends, with the alienation of the LARGEST smartphone user base (Android will continue to gain smartphone market share over iOS), Crime City become exponentially closer to the end of its product life cycle with each new week.

Crime City is dead, long live crime city.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    is CC crimecity itself? are u saying we should be thankful just for having the game available and take what ever we can get?

wow thanks a bunch.

Banned
    Post Count
    I couldn't agree more Liquidsky. Great additional insight to this thread, thank you!

And yea daystardawg, iOS users could generally care less about our gripes.. The ones like Soccerstud just fail to understand that they would be doing the same exact thing if the tables were turned. The mature, intelligent ones choose to either not have input because there's nothing they can say or do to change the situation, or some even go as far as posting their concerns for us android users falling behind like we are, and I (we) appreciate the concern. They're going out of their way to try to even the playing field a little bit, and that's more than helpful.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

i've only been playing for 5-6 months

and was blissfully unaware that ios users had boss events and weapons, etc that android users didn't.
    when i became aware of this difference, it didn't bother me at all. now, i'd like gree to get at least boss events for us. android only events are fine, but they've been really glitchy.

on that note, i did just find the helmet from the last event in my inventory. only a 2-3 day delay. meh

oh, and the delay in evening the playing field is likely a numbers issue for gree. i'd guess there are a lot more ios users than android users, thus the $$ comes from ios.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    While the complaints are valid for android users .

In CC learn to play your own game , there is a huge difference even on IOS old players and new players.
    Cause of the M4A1 Double Deckers etc ,
    There is huge difference between old players crates while costing less , with the powercreep in the new crates.
    Means those crate items just gotten cut in half , everybody should learn to play there own game .
    In the end the only thing that is really meaningfull in competition is how much disposable income you have .

Events wise yes it should be equal , but don't say the game is equal .
    Now you got new farming grounds , that provide beter items then the M4A1 , new farming grounds that provide unconsumable explosives and items .

Sadly nobody wants to talk where they farm , out of fear of nerfs

Banned
    Post Count

don't release on Android until perfected?

I'm glad I was able to install it six months ago. I'd much rather have been playing this whole time then sitting here waiting for them to get it perfect. Yes, the problems are annoying, but better to have problems than Nothing At All. If you don't(<-edited in, oops) agree then why don't you pretend that they never released it for Android and uninstall it. Just wait for them to get it perfect, check here until the day everyone is happy, then install it and play, all while pretending that they just released it exactly as you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by daystardawg View Post
    is CC crimecity itself? are u saying we should be thankful just for having the game available and take what ever we can get?

wow thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by gambet1234; 09-09-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by daystardawg View Post
    when i became aware of this difference, it didn't bother me at all.
    Same here. I swear I've seen this thread a million times too. Android users claim that life is unfair (even though they have the same fair chance to upgrade to iOS), call GREE greedy, call better players insults, etc. Yawn.

Banned
    Post Count
    What's done is done, there's no changing what's happened in the past. No need to quit or pretend to try to mend their greedy mistakes in the past. The least they could do is stop with the boss events until they're optimized on all platforms. They're even bugged on iOS, but they're bugged in the player's favor, instead of the other way around.

As pointed out before, I'm sure most of the big spenders are players that have been here a while, on iOS, and they want to keep them happy. Not too many android dummies out there that are going to waste money for a pointless endgame experience.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravak View Post
    ...learn to play your own game
    This may be true for a game like SIMCity. But this is a multi-player game. The entertainment value is going up against real unpredictable players. What would this game be like if it was the same except it was single player? Boring.

My case in point: I have been going back and forth with an iOS player (I know he is iOS by simply counting his number of Gateway Runners) for the past week. Aside from the fact that my persistence is greater, his material advantage has noticeably increased as a result of this event. I simply cannot compete.

I realize, gold is king (and I could rant on and on about how Gree is deriving their income from this game completely wrong and ruining the game). But as far as the mechanics go (I realize that on the player end it is not equal), the ability to use gold on the game end is equal for all players.

Quote Originally Posted by 7rs60 View Post
    (even though they have the same fair chance to upgrade to iOS)
    The day I wait in line 2 days to downgrade to iOS I would ask a close friend to lay me down facing a green meadow and put a bullet in the back of my head.

I am into innovation, technology and choice. Not genius marketing telling me what to fanatically and blindly worship.
    Last edited by Liquidsky; 09-03-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gambet1234 View Post
    I'm glad I was able to install it six months ago. I'd much rather have been playing this whole time then sitting here waiting for them to get it perfect. Yes, the problems are annoying, but better to have problems than Nothing At All. If you agree then why don't you pretend that they never released it for Android and uninstall it. Just wait for them to get it perfect, check here until the day everyone is happy, then install it and play, all while pretending that they just released it exactly as you want it.
    i did clarify what i was unhappy with in my second post bro. just the boss events, really.

Articulate Author (MS13)TURKISHTIGER's Avatar
    Post Count
    but y cant we all have a piece of the cake!! ha y
    IF U CANT BEAT US MIGHT ASWELL JOIN US MS13 GANG 766 947 851