Lightbulb Knights and Dragons Hackers - New Way To Stop It

Hello there KnD community!

I was recently hacked of my KnD account and have lost it. I have submitted a ticket recently and I'm currently waiting for a response. So, I have decided to take the time here to introduce a new system that can help to prevent people from stealing your account. I have decided that players should no longer bind their account with their email as this is a way that hackers can access the email and steal an account. Instead, when you first join the game, you have to make an account, consisting of your name, surname, email address (Security reasons), DOB, Game name and password. After you have entered the information, you will need to put in a security question with an answer. Here is how the basic setup will look like

Name:
    Surname:
    Email Address:
    DOB: **/**/****
    IGN:
    Password:

Security Question
    Question:
    Answer:

When you have made the account, your game data will sync with the account. If you wish to use the account on another device (Corresponding to your original account e.g. - Android), just enter in your details (Email and Password [The same one you used to make the account]) and that way, you can retrieve your account way easier. This is to stop hackers from getting into your account and stealing as they need to put in the email address, password and security question.

That's what I think GREE should implement into the game to make it a lot more secure so people can't get hacked. This will make the game safer and secure and less vulnerable to get your account stolen.

Thanks for reading!
    -=KablocksKnD=-
    YouTuber of many things!
    Join out guild - Daddys Girl
    Contact me on LINE - sinkersrs
    If you need any help, contact me in any possible way including LINE, FB, Twitter or through PM's here in the Forums!
    Have a nice day!

They aren't really considered hackers if they get a hold of your account via your email address and using the retrieve button.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

How would they know your email address in the first place? Besides if you want to retrieve an account, you need to enter the email address for the retrievement and get into your email address to get the code! Doesn't that seem suspicious?
    -=KablocksKnD=-
    YouTuber of many things!
    If you need any help, contact me in any possible way including LINE, FB, Twitter or through PM's here in the Forums!
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    They aren't really considered hackers if they get a hold of your account via your email address and using the retrieve button.
    If they get into your e-mail and recover your account without your knowledge (they aren't supposed to know your password, etc), then they are considered hackers.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    If they get into your e-mail and recover your account without your knowledge (they aren't supposed to know your password, etc), then they are considered hackers.
    But in that case your KnD account is probably the least of your concerns...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Sinclair View Post
    How would they know your email address in the first place? Besides if you want to retrieve an account, you need to enter the email address for the retrievement and get into your email address to get the code! Doesn't that seem suspicious?
    But then again if they get into your email why is it GREE's fault? And I'm assuming this "new way to stop it" is something directed at GREE even if the problem is not theirs. Plus K&D is just a bunch of pixels, it won't hurt to lose some right?

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Ofcourse it hurts if you spend time/money on them and its not grees problem but a password would prevent a lot.
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroeland View Post
    Ofcourse it hurts if you spend time/money on them and its not grees problem but a password would prevent a lot.
    But Ryan Sinclair has stated this problem as if it was GREE's fault, plus if pixels could lead to anything in life, this world would have a lot more problems than it already has.

if pixels could lead to anything in life, this world would have a lot more problems than it already has.
    did you follow the news regarding mass surveillance lately? The world HAS more problems because of 'pixels'.

But then again if they get into your email why is it GREE's fault? And I'm assuming this "new way to stop it" is something directed at GREE even if the problem is not theirs. Plus K&D is just a bunch of pixels, it won't hurt to lose some right?
    It doesn't really sound like he was blaming GREE, rather saying that they could have better security measures in place.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    It doesn't really sound like he was blaming GREE, rather saying that they could have better security measures in place.
    That is very correct. GREE needs to try and step up their game into making sure that the whole game is secure. I know a lot of people are complaining to GREE about their account stolen, so if GREE can do something to prevent it, that would be nice. At least haing a password with the binded account would make things a lot more easier.
    -=KablocksKnD=-
    YouTuber of many things!
    Have a nice day!

That is very correct. GREE needs to try and step up their game into making sure that the whole game is secure. I know a lot of people are complaining to GREE about their account stolen, so if GREE can do something to prevent it, that would be nice. At least haing a password with the binded account would make things a lot more easier.
    If people are accessing your email account without your knowledge and consent, then you have bigger problems at hand. Maybe you should secure your PC first, before something else gets stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by WatermelonSeed View Post
    If people are accessing your email account without your knowledge and consent, then you have bigger problems at hand. Maybe you should secure your PC first, before something else gets stolen.
    Yes, exactly as WatermelonSeed had said, why should GREE introduce something into the game for security reasons when the problem is due to someone's email's problem?

When you bind your account to an email, it should be enough. Gree should never give someone an account if that person can't tell Gree the email address.

No email address, no transfer.