Update on Recent Glitch/ Hack Concerns

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Recent Glitch/ Hack Concerns

Update on Recent Glitch/ Hack Concerns

As promised last night. So here's the situation:

We were made aware of an exploit that allowed for more health regen than should be possible. This exploit required use of tools/etc. from outside the game. Investigation discovered that a very small number of accounts were using this, presumably in preparation for WD. Those accounts have been banned permanently. Any accounts that pop up in the future that *try* to use anything that would get the same results (regardless of the method used) or similar effects will be seen and banned before they have the opportunity to take advantage of it. This was not a one-time sweep, this is on-going. But there will be no impossible regeneration/ boost effects used by anyone going into this or future WDs. Period. We believe the exploit to be very recent, but are continuing to investigate the circumstances.

Regarding some of the other concerns brought up in the existing threads:

-We are working on addressing the valor units that are above what those accounts could normally have gotten without the delete/reinstall bug a few weeks ago. That is ongoing.

-We are working on removing the last few duplicate boost building cases. That is also on-going.

We ask that our players bear with us through that process, and appreciate both your patience and support. If anyone has a concern of this kind about something not covered here, PLEASE send a report to Support with the details. Thank you.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It's nice to see the communication and focus on it. Good luck.

Post Count
    Thanks CJ. Can we also get a total number of players that have been using it?
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks for the communication

An easy check for energy HACKERS -

1) Run a script to flag all those accounts who have the 15% Air Boost unit from the current LTQ -

2) Check how many gold energy refills were done

there is NO WAY anyone could finish prestige mode on this LTQ without at least one whole vault of Gold

3 hours MAX to do this - and you will be able to BaN hackers and send a strong message to those of us holding on to any hope that you CAN actually root out the hackers.

Thanks again
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Consistent Contributor ScrewThis's Avatar
    Post Count
    Im grateful that something is being done about this, but I just hope your trawl is not just for 100% regen hacks. Something like, say, 13 DBJs will by my calculations give less than 100% but still a significant advantage! and there is also no way anyone can legitimately have more than 2 I believe.

For once I agree with Mastert55 -please can we know how many bans have been handed out? It would help demonstrate resolve and give the rest of us comfort.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    If at all possible can you sweep for factions that have been created recently that are fully maxed out on bonuses and have 15,000,000 concrete. They are being sold online. This is why we are seeing all sorts of new factions popping up. This is a problem that is less pervasive in top 50 than below the top 50, who knows how many have been sold and are being used.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    It would go a long way to call out the players who got banned.. i am sure the community itself would help police their known associates and help report and weird issues to support.
    Justice League (Beyond The Dead)

Finished first place in every war. Recruiting active players for our 4 teams. https://groupme.com/join_group/6757157/wRRGFR

I am the Commentator of Comments

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
    If at all possible can you sweep for factions that have been created recently that are fully maxed out on bonuses and have 15,000,000 concrete. They are being sold online. This is why we are seeing all sorts of new factions popping up. This is a problem that is less pervasive in top 50 than below the top 50, who knows how many have been sold and are being used.
    Ive seen some of those screen shots with 11 million concrete... fun stuff
    Justice League (Beyond The Dead)

Finished first place in every war. Recruiting active players for our 4 teams. https://groupme.com/join_group/6757157/wRRGFR

I am the Commentator of Comments

Post Count
    I'd like to think that this is the beginning of a cleaner MW. I applaud you for taking the right direction with hackers CJ.

However, more pressing is the closing of all loopholes or glitches.

Agree with Mcdoc on energy glitches and rooting it out. This has to stop.

You will need to restore the confidence of gold users. They are the bread and butter of MW.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Its sad it takes SUP to finally say something to get anything done around here when us common folk will say the same thing repeatedly and have all of our concerns fall upon deaf ears. Gree doesn't care.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
    Its sad it takes SUP to finally say something to get anything done around here when us common folk will say the same thing repeatedly and have all of our concerns fall upon deaf ears. Gree doesn't care.
    SUP hasn't DONE anything. It's the entire MW community.

CJ thanks for trying but we have heard all this b4. We need to actually c u guys doing something.

As far as I'm concerned this is jus more talk. Speak with in game actions. I'll put money back into this product when it earns my trust back.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    Thanks for the communication

An easy check for energy HACKERS -

1) Run a script to flag all those accounts who have the 15% Air Boost unit from the current LTQ -

2) Check how many gold energy refills were done

there is NO WAY anyone could finish prestige mode on this LTQ without at least one whole vault of Gold

3 hours MAX to do this - and you will be able to BaN hackers and send a strong message to those of us holding on to any hope that you CAN actually root out the hackers.

Thanks again
    Wait so their gonna catch me right? Damn knew I should have turned hax off
    Farewell to my friends at the Real McCoys I had a fun year with you guys and farewell to this game
    BASE NUKED- 12/08/14
    Now in my spare time I play Dota 2
    join me ---> at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132444144/

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Cj and the team is trying, I think its a tough battle to win, people realize how many people are in game right? All it takes is one to expose something and pass it on, and if everyone tells one person how fast something can grow. Lots of people who say SUP, have not had a lot of contact. I think this is getting shallow now and finger pointing, yes the loopholes have been said, and if you heard about it, id be damned if you didnt try it to see if it was real. Lets take this as a step. if it took a year and it bother you that much you should of been gone a long time ago. people need to chill out, or eat their words. Why are you here? There is a fun game outside top 10

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This coming WD is going to be interesting.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
    You are very right , I just came here to write this but u said my words already.