New 100-Boss Event is a Joke - anti camper crusade is pathetic - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New 100-Boss Event is a Joke - anti camper crusade is pathetic

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Back hand emus View Post
    NOTE: I have not done any research into this and only going off what big money stated and how I interpreted it on an extremely dumbed down scale. Boss 1 will have 1000 health, boss 10 will have 1100 health boss 100 will have 1110 health. So it's very hard to get past the beginning levels but once you make it out of that threshold it gets easier
    Old L19 boss has 950k health.
    New L19 boss has ~1.7mil health.

People see this and are jumping to conclusions. I admit, I did too.

Old L29 boss is 5mil health.
    New L29 boss is ~3.5mil health.

The new boss health grows significantly slower than the old boss does.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Old L19 boss has 950k health.
    New L19 boss has ~1.7mil health.

People see this and are jumping to conclusions. I admit, I did too.

Old L29 boss is 5mil health.
    New L29 boss is ~3.5mil health.

The new boss health grows significantly slower than the old boss does.
    So how are you saying its easier than it looks....the boss health doubled in ten levels. It doesnt start decreasing. So a level 50 boss was 16 million what do you think a lvl 100 will be....19 million? A lvl 15 boss did NOT ever have 7 million HP..so this event is not the same...its harder...and basically for most impossible for tier 5. Good luck

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by potvin View Post
    So how are you saying its easier than it looks....the boss health doubled in ten levels. It doesnt start decreasing. So a level 50 boss was 16 million what do you think a lvl 100 will be....19 million? A lvl 15 boss did NOT ever have 7 million HP..so this event is not the same...its harder...and basically for most impossible for tier 5. Good luck
    Uh, yeah, and? The old boss used to increase 15-fold from L1 to L15, what's your point? No kidding the boss doesn't stat decreasing. The old level 50 boss was 16 million, and the new L50 boss is around 10 million. The new L70 boss is somewhere around 16 million HP now. You did absolutely nothing to dispute my claim that it's "easier than it looks" and instead waved your hand and said it's harder ("basically... impossible") for Tier 5. Based on everything presented so far, that's obviously not the case. The only thing that would disprove my point at this point is if there is a huge jump in boss health towards the end, which is unclear at this point. A L100 boss with 19 million HP would be quite doable by me, a mere mortal in a Top 10/25 syndicate-- whereas once upon a time Tier 5 boss events were reserved for FC-monsters. I imagine the L100 boss will have quite a bit more than 19mil HP though, unfortunately. Your argument is basically that L15 boss is harder, let's go ahead and extrapolate that to bosses L16 through L100 as well. Which is wrong.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I feel that this boss battle is trying to give more advantage to stronger players as oppose to lower lvl players.

now... it's not so bad except for the xp gain... once gree fixed that. this is by far the funniest events here.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofwale View Post
    I feel that this boss battle is trying to give more advantage to stronger players as oppose to lower lvl players.
    This is quite true. FC members with 2-3x my attack are already 2-3x further in the event, and can get very far, very easily. Low level campers were not gifted this same advantage which they used to have.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Truth be told I was getting tired of doing boss events on my camper account. My stats already didn't matter but now they really don't matter. Should I quit after working on his iph for so long? I can get the LTB done but is there a point if I'll never need the stats?

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    BTW, I have both a high level account approaching level 250, and a good camper account in tier 4, so I play both styles just for the variety of one account participating in all events to the max, and one account that has high attack and low level, so I can score well in the syndicate wars and spend less gold to do so, and the spending less on gold is what gree is trying to eliminate, and all players should be against gree doing that. Gree is free to maximize profit, but we are free to minimize our expenditures. Its a 2 way street. We are here to have fun, not to enrich gree.

Anyway, you aren't understanding my post totally.

It's not that all are ENTITLED to finish each boss event. It's that what they did here was make it a tedious 100 boss event and they made it impossible for anyone who doesn't print money to finish it, and the xp hit along the way is ridiculous.

Campers don't "punish" non-campers. Campers have high stats at low levels, so when they reach the shark tank, they have amassed enough attack/defense so that their news page is not all red.
    Also, camping becomes useless for the most part at level 101 as that's where boss event tier 5 kicks in and we can all forget about gold-free 50 bosses finish unless we have over a million raw attack. So, the camping is a temporary game play style to set up all of ones play after level 101.

Also, campers are valuable to synds for obvious reasons. The synd battles (and the prior boss events till now) are the 2 events where campers go all out and don't watch the xp, because the stat inflation from boss events and synd battles are worth the level ups. Also with prehitting on the LTQ events, campers do participate in those as it can take less than half a vault to finish off a prestige/elite mode.

Anyway, the general point is its always a cat and mouse game between us and gree to see how we can minimize our cost and maximize our stats while they try to accomplish the reverse. Being pissed off at campers is not logical, because it is not "wrong" to maximize stats and minimize cost. It's not an appropriate response to tell people if they can't afford huge gold purchases to not bother playing the game.

BTW, when I say "campers" i mean players trying to level up slowly while maximizing attack/defense stats, with gold use in battle and in events. I'm not referring to free players.
    Just get 500 non-consumable explosives when you reach the shark tank. I farmed some of the junkyard explosive and got 500
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Post Count
    Is a 100 bosses possible to do in the allocated time? Doing a 100 surely becomes very tedious! Anyhow, doesn't affect me as I won't even come close... LOL

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    From a camper POV, Jerle or possibly CJ did reply in another post that they were looking at the high XP thing, I think that was probably done in error. If that's the case and it's corrected, then I think the way they have changed it is perfect. We shouldn't be getting boss 50 for free, that was just the way the boss event was structured before stat inflation, and is antiquated. I'm betting they either fix this event, or release the next boss event with "normal" XP again.

And camping isn't dead yet, this LTB is a reward for all the campers (and anyone, really) out there who have been piling up on IPH. L10 of this LTB will net you like 24K/24K raw stats for 300-400mm gold and trivial XP gain, and you if you started on time and wake up in the middle of the night a couple times, it can be done with no gold.

edit: sorry, it was Sirius

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    I've passed this along to be looked into folks.

Thanks for the heads up!
    and it's in this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ving-insane-XP
    Last edited by Fredfreddy; 09-19-2013 at 05:28 AM.

Articulate Author The Real Bosses's Avatar
    Post Count
    I love the new boss event ...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This boss event is not fun for me. Major xp and items not good.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    BTW, I have both a high level account approaching level 250, and a good camper account in tier 4, so I play both styles just for the variety of one account participating in all events to the max, and one account that has high attack and low level, so I can score well in the syndicate wars and spend less gold to do so, and the spending less on gold is what gree is trying to eliminate, and all players should be against gree doing that. Gree is free to maximize profit, but we are free to minimize our expenditures. Its a 2 way street. We are here to have fun, not to enrich gree.

Anyway, you aren't understanding my post totally.

It's not that all are ENTITLED to finish each boss event. It's that what they did here was make it a tedious 100 boss event and they made it impossible for anyone who doesn't print money to finish it, and the xp hit along the way is ridiculous.

Campers don't "punish" non-campers. Campers have high stats at low levels, so when they reach the shark tank, they have amassed enough attack/defense so that their news page is not all red.
    Also, camping becomes useless for the most part at level 101 as that's where boss event tier 5 kicks in and we can all forget about gold-free 50 bosses finish unless we have over a million raw attack. So, the camping is a temporary game play style to set up all of ones play after level 101.

Also, campers are valuable to synds for obvious reasons. The synd battles (and the prior boss events till now) are the 2 events where campers go all out and don't watch the xp, because the stat inflation from boss events and synd battles are worth the level ups. Also with prehitting on the LTQ events, campers do participate in those as it can take less than half a vault to finish off a prestige/elite mode.

Anyway, the general point is its always a cat and mouse game between us and gree to see how we can minimize our cost and maximize our stats while they try to accomplish the reverse. Being pissed off at campers is not logical, because it is not "wrong" to maximize stats and minimize cost. It's not an appropriate response to tell people if they can't afford huge gold purchases to not bother playing the game.

BTW, when I say "campers" i mean players trying to level up slowly while maximizing attack/defense stats, with gold use in battle and in events. I'm not referring to free players.
    Your assumption here is campers will score big pts in war. Gree has already made adjustments so you dont get big pts if more than 30 lvls higher. Incrementally they will continue this lvl gap advantage reduction. Campers will fight campers to gain maximum points and may not be in top syns eventually. Won't happen next war but bit by bit campers will be a dying breed. Especially the free ones.

Post Count
    GREE wants your money, please stop camping and purchase gold asap

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    I still averaged max IP per hit at level 220. People are afraid to level up because the enjoy being a large fish in a small pond, and not a medium fish in a tank full of sharks. The IP thing is a silly excuse (although I am personally concerned my IP is going to start taking a hit soon).
    not sure what there is to be afraid of by being in the shark tank? Losing fake cash getting buildings robbed? Couldnt care less about any of that all I care about is getting the most ip for my real dollar. No one would even no what the word camping means if gree punish players for leveling up by giving them less ip

Post Count
    my camper is destroying him. I am on 32 and only taking me 4 hits so far.