Sparky's Fireworks - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sparky's Fireworks

Post Count
    2. People with "laughably low IPH" who rob for their income with no chance of retribution are d-bags of the absolute highest order. The next "fix" to the rivals list should include grouping of buttheads that leach off of people who have built their iph into a list similarly low IPH d-bags. I don't know you so I don't know if this pertains to you. But if you do rob...well, now you know.
    You're missing the point of the game...this game is called Crime City...the point is to rob, loot, bash your way through the game. The game isn't called "I make more money than you so you shouldn't be able to attack me City". Who gives a crap if your IPH is 100mil or 10k per hr? If your dumb enough not to collect your buildings, then you get robbed...simple. Does it feel different being robbed by someone with 10k IPH vs. 10m IPH? No, you just want to have the opportunity for retribution but feel hard done by because they have nothing for you to loot back. Seems to me it's incentive to improve your stats some more...or complain about a fundamental part of the game that actually isn't really flawed...Criminals generally don't rob poor people - unless they're making a point

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon. View Post
    You're missing the point of the game...this game is called Crime City...the point is to rob, loot, bash your way through the game. The game isn't called "I make more money than you so you shouldn't be able to attack me City". Who gives a crap if your IPH is 100mil or 10k per hr? If your dumb enough not to collect your buildings, then you get robbed...simple. Does it feel different being robbed by someone with 10k IPH vs. 10m IPH? No, you just want to have the opportunity for retribution but feel hard done by because they have nothing for you to loot back. Seems to me it's incentive to improve your stats some more...or complain about a fundamental part of the game that actually isn't really flawed...Criminals generally don't rob poor people - unless they're making a point
    A real criminal who gets robbed, if they can't rob you back, would hunt you down and murder you. If you're going to argue the point that the game is called "crime city", you should also argue that in the spirit of crime, no action would/should go unpunished. That includes robberies.

The people who run a ghetto hood and rob for their income are just playing the game. However, they are abusing the loophole where in real crime, having nothing worth robbing doesn't provide you any kind of safety and in this game it does.

Also, in real crime, the richest gangsters can buy protection. Can't do that in this game. The simple fact that "this is a crime game" doesn't excuse some of the "unfair" mechanics in place.

To your question of whether or not it feels any different being robbed by someone with $10k IPH vs $10m IPH, there is absolutely a difference! If I get robbed by a rich player I don't care because I might be able to get them back one day. Will I ever get revenge from the slumlord? Nope. Not only will I never get revenge from them, but even so much as dropping a link in their hood is a free invitation to a broke ass leach to come back and abuse you as much as they want. (Guarantee in real crime a broke fool doesn't rob a ballin' pimp more than once without forfeiting his life.)

Post Count
    I stopped reading my newsfeed when I stopped banking. If I don't collect on time, I get robbed. I don't know or care who does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Nobody even tries to rob me anymore. Probably just a sign of respect for being such a boss.

Voted 2014 People's choice "Best Recruiter" on Kakao.
    It's never too late to be a Molly,
    Interview Today!!!! 393025085

Pecs in effect. I know you hatin'.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Voice View Post
    Nobody even tries to rob me anymore. Probably just a sign of respect for being such a boss.
    put a bra on that thing ffs

Post Count
    u jelly, brah?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    A real criminal who gets robbed, if they can't rob you back, would hunt you down and murder you. If you're going to argue the point that the game is called "crime city", you should also argue that in the spirit of crime, no action would/should go unpunished. That includes robberies.
    But you can punish them, by attacking them back - you earn respect points, crap items (sometimes Boxes) and cash if they haven't banked...I think what you mean to say is that the retribution is not worth the effort....and yes, it's a shame you can't murder other players in game...agree! Perhaps some form of "retaliation cool-off" could be put in place at some future point to realign the game, i.e. after being robbed or attacked you can retaliate if you're strong enough i.e. break legs, knee groin, scratch eyes, break rib for instance and that reduces their attack stat by 20/40/60/80% against you only for 24hrs - would stop them from hitting you again for a while and is a little more real life..."Put Joey outta commission boys...he'll learn not to come round here again!"

Also, in real crime, the richest gangsters can buy protection. Can't do that in this game. The simple fact that "this is a crime game" doesn't excuse some of the "unfair" mechanics in place.
    Yes, true, but buying a shield in this game would be pointless, and you can't buy protection in real life from rival gangs - police, yes, other gangs, nope (cease fire, maybe - whole 'nother kettle of fish) - this requirement is negated by proper hood management - If you don't collect from your hood, you will get robbed - simple.

Everyone has it in their head now to sit on a low level and try to max stats - therefore, no one wants to do anything that earns them EXP unless there is a big gain. The game was designed around level progression, not camping. This is why the EB event is so skewed, it's too easy for a low level with 10mil stats to complete, yet too hard for mid levels with 10mil stats.

To your question of whether or not it feels any different being robbed by someone with $10k IPH vs $10m IPH, there is absolutely a difference!....
    That was rhetorical, but thanks for your thoughts on it.

Banned
    Post Count
    Why would I want to be an overweight window licker with mantitties?

Banned
    Post Count
    But you can punish them, by attacking them back - you earn respect points, crap items (sometimes Boxes) and cash if they haven't banked...I think what you mean to say is that the retribution is not worth the effort....and yes, it's a shame you can't murder other players in game...agree! Perhaps some form of "retaliation cool-off" could be put in place at some future point to realign the game, i.e. after being robbed or attacked you can retaliate if you're strong enough i.e. break legs, knee groin, scratch eyes, break rib for instance and that reduces their attack stat by 20/40/60/80% against you only for 24hrs - would stop them from hitting you again for a while and is a little more real life..."Put Joey outta commission boys...he'll learn not to come round here again!"

Yes, true, but buying a shield in this game would be pointless, and you can't buy protection in real life from rival gangs - police, yes, other gangs, nope (cease fire, maybe - whole 'nother kettle of fish) - this requirement is negated by proper hood management - If you don't collect from your hood, you will get robbed - simple.

Everyone has it in their head now to sit on a low level and try to max stats - therefore, no one wants to do anything that earns them EXP unless there is a big gain. The game was designed around level progression, not camping. This is why the EB event is so skewed, it's too easy for a low level with 10mil stats to complete, yet too hard for mid levels with 10mil stats.

TLDR you take this mobile app to seriously mate

Post Count
    TLDR you take this mobile app to seriously mate
    Maybe, you read bro? you have mentioned your view on the app a few times now but you still hang around... Thanks for the pointless input though...appreciated.

Banned
    Post Count
    get of the forum and collect ur giro ffs u pillow biter

Post Count

Punish them, as you say, is not any form of punishment. A free link to a hood they know could pay them hundreds of millions more than they could ever lose... Yeah, real punishment there.

You can buy protection from rival gangs IRL. If you are financially better off than your rival gangs you can pay hitmen to find your rivals and permanently erase them from existence, you can buy bigger and better weapons than your rivals which would greatly disadvantage them in a direct confrontation, and you can pay informants to tell you your rival's every move.

There is no police in this game, so that point is somewhat moot.

Your argument RE: epic boss being skewed is self contradictory.

Post Count
    I didn't say it was a good punishment - in fact I indicated it was very lame, but you also can't factor IPH into your rival list - otherwise you'll be attacking people in the same level, stat and IPH bracket...so why bother attacking at all? You'd just be trading cash assuming your as dumb as each other and don't collect/bank. Majority of high IPH guys also make it easy, you collect the same time everyday. Between 6:05am and 8am in any timezone is a money mine. Once you figure out when they collect their 12hr and 24 hrs buildings, you know when to camp in their hood.

You could even say, IRW, you case the route and hit them before they take their collection

You missed the point about the EB - what I'm saying is because there are so many low levels packing high stats, they have had to increase the DEF level of the EB's for higher levels and stats. Where a mid level used to be able to complete all 100 with 10mil stats and no gold spend, they are now lucky if they can get past Lvl 70-75. in the last EB, a level 30 with 1 mill att could still free hit to lvl 80-85...

Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    I keep my cash, my rivals don't get any from me from attack. What's there to "get" here?

hmm because the bank its my (yours) biggest opponent in game ? Thats my opinion and i have not that big income like yours. You earned 1 Billion a day - if you bank you lost 100 Million a day. My income is not that big and i dont bank if i did i lost more than people attacking me and take

Post Count
    I didn't say it was a good punishment - in fact I indicated it was very lame, but you also can't factor IPH into your rival list - otherwise you'll be attacking people in the same level, stat and IPH bracket...so why bother attacking at all? You'd just be trading cash assuming your as dumb as each other and don't collect/bank. Majority of high IPH guys also make it easy, you collect the same time everyday. Between 6:05am and 8am in any timezone is a money mine. Once you figure out when they collect their 12hr and 24 hrs buildings, you know when to camp in their hood.

You could even say, IRW, you case the route and hit them before they take their collection

You missed the point about the EB - what I'm saying is because there are so many low levels packing high stats, they have had to increase the DEF level of the EB's for higher levels and stats. Where a mid level used to be able to complete all 100 with 10mil stats and no gold spend, they are now lucky if they can get past Lvl 70-75. in the last EB, a level 30 with 1 mill att could still free hit to lvl 80-85...
    Clearly, first point has become a matter of opinion. You have yours, others have theirs. Not much need for further argument.

Doesn't matter if they case he route. Joe blow with $10 to his name can case whatever he wants, but if it's a treasury with a bankroll literally a billion times stronger than his, he will come to a sad realization that he was reaching far beyond his means.

Your EB argument is still self contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by CuoreBianconero View Post
    hmm because the bank its my (yours) biggest opponent in game ? Thats my opinion and i have not that big income like yours. You earned 1 Billion a day - if you bank you lost 100 Million a day. My income is not that big and i dont bank if i did i lost more than people attacking me and take
    I can happily piss away $100m every day because I can afford it. But why would I throw it on the ground where any dumb a-hole can just pick up free money? Even if I couldn't afford it, why should I make the game easier for my rivals? There is no time limit on this game. If you play long enough, your stats will grow large and your IPH will grow strong, as long as you take enough interest.
    Last edited by namedud; 06-29-2014 at 11:24 PM.