Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: New Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    i find the new skin startling, but serviceable. I like that i can choose several different versions/games as my header. However, i'm baffled why--again--my permissions to post a new thread have been removed. Surely i've been here long enough?
    We are looking into this. We didnt change anything here so you should still be able to start a new thread.

do NOT like new format. other was much more user friendly. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by pick_sax View Post
    do NOT like new format. other was much more user friendly. jmo
    Note that you have the choice of switching between the old and new theme, so if you prefer the old theme, then you can change the format to your preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Can you please elaborate here? I just tested this and was able to successfully subscribe to multiple threads.
    Sure, now that I can post again. When on the subscribed threads page, every single one shows as having been locked. They actually aren't though. This is in both the old and new skins.

In addition, I went through having to make 10 posts again last week. I thought maybe everyone had been reset in an effort to stop the Vietnamese spammers. But I see they are as active as ever. So what is the plan for dealing with them?
    Last edited by MW Flake; 02-06-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Here's another one I've only just found due to my involuntary vacation. Replying to a thread causes my memory usage to max out, making it lag severely. Freeing the memory allows me to finish normally. I've only tried this on the "retired" skin. I refuse to try the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    Note that you have the choice of switching between the old and new theme, so if you prefer the old theme, then you can change the format to your preference.
    How can I change to the old format? I'm tired of hitting every button twice.

I found it now! Thank god!
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 02-06-2015 at 09:33 AM.
    Purple Squirrel

Any way to switch to the old format but without that annoying Facebook thing at the upper corner?

ETA when this will be done?

Same window open, but the theme keeps reverting... I change it again, and it goes back.
    What's up?

(Grrrr, if the content isn't annoying enough.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    ETA when this will be done?
    ETA for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Same window open, but the theme keeps reverting... I change it again, and it goes back.
    What's up?

(Grrrr, if the content isn't annoying enough.)
    Sorry, we were making a switch so that desktop users get the old design and mobile users (through the game) get the new design.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyMaker View Post
    ETA for what?
    ...for the redesign to be complete. Seems like there are a lot of little bugs and some odds & ends that need fixing to make it as functional as it was in the past.

For example, the forum jumps up & down, again, when the top banners load on the page. Slightly annoying when I tap a link, the page jumps, and I get the link above the one I wanted to read.

The formated background keeps reverting or changing from the one I selected. I change my MW tab to the old MW theme and CC to CC, KA to KA... then it switches to all having the MW Theme: CC has MW, KA has MW. It's not that big of a deal. It's mostly confusing when I'm switching forums and think I'm reading MW but I'm really reading CC.

The Icon Legend and icons are not right. We cannot see which threads we've posted to.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyMaker View Post
    Sorry, we were making a switch so that desktop users get the old design and mobile users (through the game) get the new design.
    Hmm... Ok. I'm on a 1st gen iPad. I guess that's mobile...?
    Pardon my non-techy-ness.

Hey Vile,

Thanks - it's a work in progress, so we'll fix bugs as they crop up.

If we (Clementine and I) can get the ok, we may force the old styles on MW, CC & KA and the new style on other games. This will resolve the style switching issue (basically, the forums want to use the last theme you used).

I'll try to reproduce the jumpiness and see what's causing it to fix.

Thanks
    ~ToyMaker~

Hi, firstly well done for fixing some major issues on the site.

There are a few bugs I've noticed, the major one is in War of Nations forums, you have to click twice on subject line to open up the message.

I'm glad to see you got your spam filter (spamomatic) working. This is a great tool.

May I recommend you add 'Home' in you top navigation bar as within some of the website screens, it's hard to navigate back without going back in your browser quite a few clicks

I lost the Gree theme when in MW forum.
    Have fun, it's only a game