A limit is needed on the number of times a member can declare war! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A limit is needed on the number of times a member can declare war!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Oh I understand that the situation is different at the top. But that's top 1-3%. When the brackets are 100+ deep down here it doesn't make that kind of difference. Just saying that the "continuous war" mantra isn't universally applicable, or even mostly applicable.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    Spending a mtn of gems for a top 10 spot can get an entire guild a 30-40% stat boost. That's like doing Bard Song (H) for half price x 40 people. And how's that for funny maths...?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    You'd need to be very dedicated to get and stay in the top 10 for only one mountain. Props to you and yours if you manage it.

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    In fact I'd be surprised if the entire guild spent a mountain each and you got into the top 10 lol.

Banned
    Post Count
    lol Shin, maybe a little more than one mtn. A tad, really. Nothing worth mentioning. ;D

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Ronin View Post
    Some guilds aren't made of walls
    Not having walls, doesn't take points away from you.... I would have a war going at ALL time with or without walls. Points even 40, is better than none...

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuru View Post
    You're concern shouldn't be too much about walls. Whether you win the war or not doesn't matter, your overall points in the end is what matters and you get less by opting out of wars.

(This may sound strange from a certain perspective)
    +100 I agree!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    For those of us not in the top tier of the event, there is a serious question about whether the additional <5k points from a war in which maybe 3 people are online for is worth the average unit losses, I swear they messed with the casualty rates for this event. Our punching bag is currently a million gold down from unit loss, and that's not easily recovered for some players. While I realize it's the cost of war, there's a huge difference between the amount of points we can score when we have 6+ people on vs when we can't even take their wall down, or barely get it down. We had one late night war on the first day where we didn't get the wall or the GG down, and scored less than 1k points. Basically, if you don't have people from all around the world, or who are willing to forego sleep for five days, it's not really necessary for us to declare war 24 hours continuously, and we can suffer less unit losses for virtually the same reward. Not to mention if you aren't a top 75 guild to begin with the unit rewards are equivalent to like two LTQ quest units, so it's not even worth it to begin with.

That's how we ended up with only five wars a day, and we are still bouncing around top 200. Good enough for me, free units are free.
    Wow!!! I am sorry to hear that! We have a war going on at all times, and I think I have lost maybe 10 units at most in 3 days...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I appreciate the idea of war going on 24hrs a day to maximize point count, and if our guild could swing it I would not have as big an issue with a particular "member" constantly declaring war, we'd bide our time and he would be booted. The fact is we have limited participation and limited numbers of players we can successfully attack and win...we NEED time to regenerate health to get mega attacks on the GG or we waste time having to hit the wall/castle for minimum points. Not all guilds are created equally, no doubt we would have a higher point count if we had been able to limit how often this rogue player declared war so that we could attack only when we could get the GG down with 2 members using a mega attack instead of 4-5 having to waste all health on unsuccessful attacks on the GG just to have to wait for health regeneration to maybe get a successful attack on a player with lesser stats. All I'm saying is if we can't boot a rogue player during a period of war, at least implement something that will limit the damage they can do to a small guild.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    I appreciate the idea of war going on 24hrs a day to maximize point count, and if our guild could swing it I would not have as big an issue with a particular "member" constantly declaring war, we'd bide our time and he would be booted. The fact is we have limited participation and limited numbers of players we can successfully attack and win...we NEED time to regenerate health to get mega attacks on the GG or we waste time having to hit the wall/castle for minimum points. Not all guilds are created equally, no doubt we would have a higher point count if we had been able to limit how often this rogue player declared war so that we could attack only when we could get the GG down with 2 members using a mega attack instead of 4-5 having to waste all health on unsuccessful attacks on the GG just to have to wait for health regeneration to maybe get a successful attack on a player with lesser stats. All I'm saying is if we can't boot a rogue player during a period of war, at least implement something that will limit the damage they can do to a small guild.
    I don't think you understand the point or rather the definition of a non-participated battle

Banned
    Post Count
    Clearly GREE didn't think things through properly...
    It wld make sense for only the leader or officers to be able to declare war. I don't know of any army that wld let just any joe blow say, "lets declare war...BANG!" Utter anarchy and disorganisation hahahaa

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Proprioc3ption View Post
    Clearly GREE didn't think things through properly...
    It wld make sense for only the leader or officers to be able to declare war. I don't know of any army that wld let just any joe blow say, "lets declare war...BANG!" Utter anarchy and disorganisation hahahaa
    In CC, MW same rant and complaint came forward... so it's not they are not aware of this strange concept of who declares wars...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    but as we have all seen - it takes forever for the game devs to talk to eachother.

oh i did this really cool thing in MW today that makes it so much better..
    3 weeks later - i googled this excellent bit of code - im going to put it in KA. MW developer laughs as he did it 3 weeks ago.

i understand the need to keep the games dev separate to concentrate on their own games - but i would have thought they debriefed a bit more often than they appear to do.
    **Former** Founding member of Band Of Barbarians (till we get KA on andriod)

** TriggerHappy Terry - Special Operations Brigade**

Wanna be an S.O.B - we have 3 crews with different minimums for all levels of play

SOB 1. Top 50
    SOB 2. Top 150
    SOB 3. Top 400

Wanna come and play then PM for details - We use Line for communication

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post

A couple of thoughts...

1 - If Mr Rogue hits "declare war" before your crew's health is fully regenerated, then NO ONE fight at all for that entire battle. Let him hits folks all he wants on his lonesome while being totally ignored by the group. It doesn't matter what points the other guild gets or that you lose that battle. The only thing that matters is how many points your guild makes. So fight when your at full strength & don't participate when you're not

2 - if rogue's stats are only average, tell him that you'll make him guild guardian if he keeps his obnoxious ways up. Then he always gets hit more than most (if not all) the other guild members. And, the rival guild will stay on him throughout the battle due to his low stats - why waste potential losses searching other players if you've already found a weak link, right. The result is that he'll lose much more units than everyone else, & he'll have to spend an enormous amount of time & resources to buy new units.

Post Count
    I'm sure the problem is that he has organized a time when everyone is at full health and when they get there the battle is already on.
    Some join in thinking they are late then realize too late that there isn't much time and they have wasted their hits.
    The others get frustrated because they have to wait longer, some leaving because of RL issues.
    Kingdom Age:
    541-130-719
    378-473-726