Crime City Quickie Questions - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Crime City Quickie Questions

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Is there a way to tell how many expansions I've done in each direction, since I've lost count?
    Not that I know of. I believe the maximum allotted expansions is currently set to 30, but I could be corrected on this.

I'm expanding my hood as quickly as I can, but my hood is literally packed, especially with a lot of beginner buildings that I think might not be worth it. Should I get rid of any of these buildings? I have a $16K IPH, $500K banked, and my expansion currently in progress cost $500K.
    Keep the smaller buildings for now and reorganize your hood to make them fit. If necessary, remove decorations from your hood so that you can pack in more economy buildings. Your IPH is quite low for your level, so you'll want as many money-earning buildings as you can possibly get.

Once you reach a solid IPH, then you can start thinking about removing the lower-leveled buildings to make room for the big-earners if you'd like. But even then, I'd hang on to as many as I could just for the IPH boost. But you've got to understand that this is coming from a dedicated camper - So I'm a bit biased when it comes to maximizing IPH .

I've heard somewhere that you don't get the full benefit for upgrading them (defense buildings), only a fraction of the purported defense. Can someone explain this?
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ock-again..lol

How much stronger do I need to be than my opponent to know that it's 100% safe to attack, as opposed to a coin flip?
    With Syndicate bonuses in play now, it's trickier to answer that question. Defense wise having 2x your opponents Attack stat with your Defense provides full immunity. My best guess would be that a 100% successful attack would utilize a similar ratio. Keep in mind that there are several other invisible variables involved though, including Skill Points and Modifiers.

As a level 72, what should I be doing with my time before the next boss event?
    Keep your EXP gains as absolutely minimal as possible. For now, I would recommend that you completely stop regular PvP, and focus solely on building your IPH and fully equipping your mafia with max cash items. Collect your daily scratchers. Build up on as many defense buildings as you can fit in your hood without hindering your IPH. Don't worry about upgrading them. Alternatively, if you aren't as serious about camping, then focus solely on maximizing your RP:EXP ratio. So only rob high RP buildings, and avoid attacking.

Just my opinion on a few of your questions. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on anything

The KING of Camping
    586-642-292. The only thing better than playing Crime City, is playing it beneath the crimson sunset.

Lurker
    Post Count

I need help

Is there any way that you can get your funzio id sent 2 you. I just switched phones & I need that ID.... any suggestions....

Post Count
    only ur friends can help u in that case .. try contacting ur friends who may have added ya. if that doesn't help, contact gree giving as much info as possible. just some suggestions that may help ya.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Okay, I have a ton of questions, but I'll just start with a few here. I'm going to probably go into way more detail than necessary, so I'll put the tl;dr summary questions in bold.

I've been playing for about a month (started in the middle of the Madame Payne event), currently a level 72 (I am aware now that I ranked up way too fast) with ~14k attack and ~17k defense (a bit low for my level). I've read a ton of the "best of the best guides," and I also particularly liked the Economy Planning google spreadsheet, although the initial post in that topic seems to be missing? (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...amp-discussion)

Anyway, here are my first few questions, about hood planning, expanding, and economy building.

1. I believe there is a limit to the number of hood expansions you can have (30? 32?), but is there a maximum number of hood expansions you can have in each direction? E.g. can someone expand their hood to the left 30 times, or will it top out after 15, and then only allow you to expand to the right? If there is a limit, how do you know how to maximize the area? Obviously a square (15 expansions left, 15 expansions right) would technically maximize the area, but there seems to be a lot more space wasted on cross streets if you expand to the right. Is there a way to tell how many expansions I've done in each direction, since I've lost count?
    It is 15 in each direction. I'm unaware of any way to tell how many you've done in a given direction. To maximise space you should look to keep your hood relatively square anyway, so this shouldn't be a problem until you're paying $50m+ for expansions.

2. I'm expanding my hood as quickly as I can, but my hood is literally packed, especially with a lot of beginner buildings that I think might not be worth it. E.g. I have two level 7 laundromats, two level 5 pizza parlors, 2 level 4 delis, a level 4 gas station, a level 2 arcade, a level 2 Chinese restaurant, a level 4 diner, and a level 4 Italian restaurant. I also have all the building that were "goals" to build, up to Brownstone (i.e. IIRC Chinese restaurant, sports bar, clothing store, meat factory, shoe store, internet company, and brownstone). It seems like some of these might be wasted space/not worth the investment. Should I get rid of any of these buildings? In particular, I'm thinking that the arcade, sports bar, clothing store, and possibly Chinese restaurant are not worth the investment. Especially as I climb through the ranks, I see a LOT of big ticket buildings (2 movie theaters, 2 magic playhouses, 2 lofts, 2 internet companies, and I've even seen quite a few nightclubs). My question here is should I get rid of any of my crappy buildings to make room for big income-earning buildings now that I'm starting to be able to afford them, or should I keep expanding my hood and rearrange the buildings as necessary to fit bigger buildings in? If it helps, I have a $16K IPH, $500K banked, and my expansion currently in progress cost $500K (no idea which number it is, or how to even tell). I'm thinking I definitely need at least some level 2 Movie Theaters and Magic Playhouses. I can list my other higher earning building if necessary as well.
    Movie theatres should be your focus at the moment. Playhouse isn't a particularly strong building, and it's massive. Movie theatre upgrades are some of the best in the game.

Longer term look to develop your movie theatres, use the IPH boost to build and develop lofts, and use that IPH boost to build and develop NCs. Every other move should simply be done to fill in time in between. I'm not saying there aren't other strong buildings and good upgrades, but these should be your focus.

Secondary focuses should include upgrading Dominicans to 4-5, getting Upscale clubs when they become available (not sure what level that is at).

If a strong building is available and affordable then cutting junk like Chinese Restaurant and Sports Bar is a good move. Remember to only delete when you are literally about to build, in order to prevent wasting earnings.

3. Similar question about defense buildings. I've heard somewhere that you don't get the full benefit for upgrading them, only a fraction of the purported defense. Can someone explain this? I currently have a level 8 Abandoned Building, for instance. Would it be better to buy, I don't know, a Security Center and upgrade it twice? I'm again particularly concerned with space, as I have very little to spare. Does the "84 defense" from the Abandoned Building go into my defense stat in my profile so that rivals can see it (so it's like a deterrent?) but it's not used when determining battle outcomes or something like that?
    Do not upgrade defense buildings, period.

If you feel the need to build defense buildings then stick to 2x2s. However defense buildings are essentially a waste for you. There's no way you should be non-banking at your stats, and you don't have any big-earning buildings dominating most of your IPH.

4. I have no idea how attacking other players works. I mean, I usually attack people with defense stats much lower than my attack stat, but I'm always baffled when I lose to someone with a defense thousands of points less than my attack stat. It almost always happens when I'm near the end of a really long win streak. How much stronger do I need to be than my opponent to know that it's 100% safe to attack, as opposed to a coin flip? What other factors influence this? (Defense buildings?) Does it work percentage-wise? I.e. If I have 14K attack and they have 10K defense I win 95% of the time, but 54K attack/50K defense is more of a coin flip while 8K attack/4K defense is a sure thing?
    Lots of upgraded defense buildings normally is a green-light to attack, as their real defense will be significantly lower than yours. I'm sorry but I have no idea about the sort of attack differential you need to ensure victory.

5. As a level 72, what should I be doing with my time before the next boss event? Do I still "go up a tier" if I level up to 75 (or is it 76 that the next tier starts?) if I level up in the middle of the boss event? I know I should stop completing story objectives (currently at Seaside, I originally thought the point of the game was to level up and get stronger to complete more story quests, silly me), but should I stop robbing people too? Or just stick to robbing laundromats or something to get max RP per EXP? Or just focus on making money/upgrading/building buildings in the meantime?
    You should be camping. Don't get XP if you can possibly avoid it. Check out the Billionaire's Boss guide and see what attack stats you need to take out a level 40 tier 3 boss. Don't stop camping until you have those stats, or are close enough and are willing to spend gold to finish him/her off.

This will mean you'll have to sit out the next boss event, as I'm fairly certain you won't be able to take him out with your current stats. I'm not 100% certain but I'd say at 72 you'll likely level up to 76, and the next tier, if you participate.

If someone were to thoroughly help me, I can offer a trick I learned to maximize your chances at the crate events (that's what they're called, right? The St. Patty's Day keg thing was a crate event, right?). I didn't get the Blarney Keg Tap, so I can't guarantee 100% effectiveness, but I did get the St. Patty's Chopper, 10 enhanced bikes, and $125K cash 5 times (though that's probably not too appealing to those of you making millions per hour). I'm slightly afraid that mentioning publicly how I did it will get the issue fixed.
    If it didn't get you the keg tapper I doubt it's anything of concern to gree.
    I have the tapper so I'll let you have this one for free.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Thank you very much Sunsets and bald zeemer for your replies.

Sunsets -

I ended up deleting my Sports Bar and some Abandoned Houses to make room for a Movie Theater. My hood was literally packed as tightly as possible, and it was impossible to even rearrange buildings since you need an open space to move one building to while you rearrange the others (at least I hope so, if you can move two buildings at once I'm going to feel dumb).

Thanks for the link on the defense buildings. Good to know the ones I have are pretty much negligible, and just wasting space (just Gatling turrets from here on). In following links on that page, I came across this: http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings

My question here is: does the "tycoon defense" show up when I buy defense buildings, or is that hidden as well? For instance, it says "Listed D" for an abandoned building is 2, and Tycoon D is 3. I have the Tycoon (Goodfella, actually, thank you 40% gold sale) bonus, but if I go to buy an Abandoned Building, it still says it has a defense of 2, not 3. Is that normal?

Follow up to your attack/defense stat response (#4), I can see that high level defense buildings inflate the profile defense, but how does the opposite happen? Is that from syndicate bonuses, or are there other factors that can affect it as well?

To #5, I've found it'd be extremely expensive for me gold-wise if I were to try to take down the next boss. My 14.5K attack needs to be around 40K if I hope to beat the boss at a reasonable cost gold-wise (it needs to be ~67K to beat him for free). I just can't see that happening any time soon, especially since I was using the lower boss items in earlier events to bulk up my stats. I'm thinking I might just participate in the next one, and try to seriously camp before level 100 when it becomes truly impossible. For the record, I have been "camping" somewhat, only robbing laundromats trying to get that stupid bullet case to drop, though I've yet to get a single drop!

bald zeemer -

Thanks, I'm following your advice. Just started construction on a Movie Theater, and hoping I'll be able to fit in another one after my current expansion completes. I'm also currently upgrading one of my Dominican restaurants to level 3, and the other is level 2.

As for defense buildings, I got rid of some of my abandoned houses from way early in the game, after finding that upgrades are useless. Only building Gatling turrets from here on. I still have a bunch (read: 8) of level 3-4 Guard towers, and I'm debating what to do with those. Might need space later.

Said this in my response to Sunsets, but I won't be able to kill a boss for a long time. SAS just made a nice calculator, but when I figured this out last night, I found that if I were willing to spend ~60gold per boss level, I'd need an attack of 40K to kill him, a far cry from my current 14.5K. Currently just robbing laundromats trying to get bullet cases to drop, but haven't gotten a single case so far.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Stop robbing for cases, it's PvE only. Drop rate is pretty low, expect something like 40xp per case minimum. You'll have to decide if that's worth it for you or not.

Also, check the link in mxz's sig. Long story short- upgrade your first MT to level 2, then build your second one. Same same for lofts and NC when you get there.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    Stop robbing for cases, it's PvE only. Drop rate is pretty low, expect something like 40xp per case minimum. You'll have to decide if that's worth it for you or not.

Also, check the link in mxz's sig. Long story short- upgrade your first MT to level 2, then build your second one. Same same for lofts and NC when you get there.
    Oh, well that's weird. Thanks for the info.

And I've read that topic. Thanks again for your help!

Lurker
    Post Count

few Q's

Hey,

So many threads so much info (some usless, some too much detail xD) so i'm just gonna ask my questions here:

1. I see people having HideOuts in their town, how do i build one? I'm in a syndicate (leader/officer) and build 1 hideout to the max but i cant 'place' it.
    2. I read something about a Wall during syndicate fights on the forum.. Last fight i could see the details of our syndicate and it said: Status: No wall (or something) how do i(or my synd) build a wall?
    3. In the syndicate war, i only managed to "fight" in the last 6-12hours of the event, thats normal or was it bugged for me? :/ we lost alot of wars already meanwhile we couldnt fight back
    4. Is it worth it to invest alot of money i upgrading defense buildings to fight in syndicate wars? I almost never get attacked because i bank all my money and try to empty my buildings as much as possible, so 'wasting' money of defense buildings seems kinda retarded, unless it helps out alot?

Might think of more later but i hope someone can atleast help me out with these
    Thanks!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by hamderaben View Post
    Hey,

So many threads so much info (some usless, some too much detail xD) so i'm just gonna ask my questions here:

1. I see people having HideOuts in their town, how do i build one? I'm in a syndicate (leader/officer) and build 1 hideout to the max but i cant 'place' it.
    2. I read something about a Wall during syndicate fights on the forum.. Last fight i could see the details of our syndicate and it said: Status: No wall (or something) how do i(or my synd) build a wall?
    3. In the syndicate war, i only managed to "fight" in the last 6-12hours of the event, thats normal or was it bugged for me? :/ we lost alot of wars already meanwhile we couldnt fight back
    4. Is it worth it to invest alot of money i upgrading defense buildings to fight in syndicate wars? I almost never get attacked because i bank all my money and try to empty my buildings as much as possible, so 'wasting' money of defense buildings seems kinda retarded, unless it helps out alot?

Might think of more later but i hope someone can atleast help me out with these
    Thanks!

You're right, there is alot of info on here to sort through. Best piece of advice I can give you though is to ignore anything that Bala says. He is much like the village idiot around here. Everyone humors him and lets him stay bc they feel sorry for him due to his limitations.

Post Count
    Best piece of advice I can give you though is to ignore anything that Bala says.
    See this is what happens when other players are jealous of me

Best advice : Make up your own mind never listen other people opinion of another person. You can tell i been a member for 1 year and i am leader of a syndicate. Van just jealous that i am leader he isn't

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Bala, I think you have your heart in the right place, but you have a very poor grasp of CC and should stop trying to give advice.

Try to imagine you were just coming into the game. Would you really want half-baked advice from a middling syndicte?
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Bald i wasn't given any advice, Van started bad mouthing me and i just defended myself.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post
    Bald i wasn't given any advice, Van started bad mouthing me and i just defended myself.

Post Count
    Anyone know where to find the japanese firework? Its not in my store. Is it a loot drop? And is it consumable?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny1 View Post
    Anyone know where to find the japanese firework? Its not in my store. Is it a loot drop? And is it consumable?
    loot drop not consumable ,only in japan town 31-15