Constructive criticism of new matching Algorithm

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Constructive criticism of new matching Algorithm

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Constructive criticism of new matching Algorithm

I've posted it elsewhere.............but it does n't work, please try again.

A few hours ago we were lying in 650th position at 170k cps were matched with Mmmonster at 3.35m cp's laying in about 20th at the time. Despite a valiant effort we lost, lol. Only around 630 places different.

Anyone beat this?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Boo hoo. I would take them over FUN any day.

During this war our guild had the worst match ups yet. A lot of the times we got matched with guilds with under 20 players but all member were too powerful for us, over 1 mil defense. During these types of battles overwhelming majority of our members (34/35) had to hit the castle.

It seems that the matching is done by total A/D, whereas I think a more fair match would be based on average A/D.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Nothing that bad...

We faced none of our regular opponents... We jumped from fighting top 200 to top 750 guilds we are usually around 400 in rank now.... This time around we fought 5-6 give up matches... Not even our GG could land a hit on them.
    Aronius 196 276 618

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    E-I who's boo hooing, me or you? I'm offering constructive criticism, pointing out a valid flaw in the system i experienced. Idk what guild you are in, but if you are in the top 600, which I'd guess you are, then according to the new algorithm you can draw FUN. So get the Kleenex for your own eyes....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yeah, this was the toughest yet. I am not sure what happened, but it totally makes the game less fun if you repeatedly get your a#$ handed to you battle after battle. We do not mind the losing (winning and losing are functions of money in this game), what we mind is the inability of any of our players to land hits battle after battle.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And EI, what is the difference between fighting MMonster and FUN when there is that much of a difference? Once they are untouchable to you, it is all the same.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    Boo hoo. I would take them over FUN any day.
    Any one would but the thread starter was just pointing out something and asking if anyone had a wider separation in match ups. I'd be curious to know if anyone had a wider separation.

Post Count
    Hot Tub was in around 170th and got matched with our sister guild in top 10 , both on a winning streak !
    It appears that the systems was corrupted in match ups, it was atroucious !
    Some guilds we could even Hit !
    so did FUN get matched with FUN 2 , i doubt it !

Post Count
    This is because a lot of the bigger stronger players are leaving the main guild for the war and creating mini guilds just to go after the 50 or 56 win streaks.

So you guys that are lower down the leader boards will face folks with huge stats, and nice gem piles.

Unfortunately this has already hit MW and looks like its with us in KA now.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    So should we take this as the new normal? If so, I am not sure I like it.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Munseyspin View Post
    I've posted it elsewhere.............but it does n't work, please try again.

A few hours ago we were lying in 650th position at 170k cps were matched with Mmmonster at 3.35m cp's laying in about 20th at the time. Despite a valiant effort we lost, lol. Only around 630 places different.

Anyone beat this?
    Well, my guild was stuck in the war declare screen from Saturday morning until the end. We were never able to participate in the wars... Gree support never responded to our tickets either. So when it comes to having a unfair battle... we had no battle.......

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sirmanchoo View Post
    Well, my guild was stuck in the war declare screen from Saturday morning until the end. We were never able to participate in the wars... Gree support never responded to our tickets either. So when it comes to having a unfair battle... we had no battle.......
    This guild takes the trophy. Worst F'n luck. I feel bad for you and your guild. I hope gree figures there sht out because this is ridiculous.

Post Count
    honestly i hope more matchups will be like the OPs.

means i dont get to draw top 3 guilds anymore.

almost got my 3 piece set this weekend, but we decided that it was in everyone's interest if i didnt declare anymore

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Banned
    Post Count
    People have definitely have change their strategy.
    I get that... But having matches with opponents in which you cannot fight is a bit extreme.
    How can anyone strive for 50 wins when u face Godzilla at one point. ???
    All you can do is watch how many points they score.